Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-28-2014, 07:58 PM

How do we know that 2000 yarder wasn't a wallet group?
Old 12-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
They tend to keep track when it's 1000 $+ a round.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
?? Was it minute of turret??
Old 12-28-2014, 08:29 PM

Default 2 way range

That kind of shooting has got to be such a rush, esp. when the guy 2000m away has a similar 1st shot hit probability. Getting the first shot off could still leave the other guy with enough time to launch a counterstrike just before he is disabled. Yikes.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Lets make it interesting. The rifle you hunt with, I will use the rifle I hunt with. No benches, no contraptions, no lead bags, the same techniques that we use while real life hunting situations. Sound ok to you?
Sounds good. Hope to get out this week might as well put it on video.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy coyote View Post
Sounds good. Hope to get out this week might as well put it on video.
Just wondering C.C., what type of big game do you hunt and what do you use for a hunting rifle? I also want to add that it is nice of you to host a shooting completion!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Just wondering C.C., what type of big game do you hunt and what do you use for a hunting rifle? I also want to add that it is nice of you to host a shooting completion!
Some beef lol. whitetail, moose and a whole lot of coyotes and gophers all with the same rifle. Shooting a 1969 Rem 700 bdl bbl 243. Weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces topped with a Burris eliminater 4/12/44. Shooting 80gr soft points or 70gr Nosler hand loads back by 41.5 g varget smoking at 3540fps. Not a big cartridge by any means
Old 12-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Some beef lol. whitetail, moose and a whole lot of coyotes and gophers all with the same rifle. Shooting a 1969 Rem 700 bdl bbl 243. Weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces topped with a Burris eliminater 4/12/44. Shooting 80gr soft points or 70gr Nosler hand loads back by 41.5 g varget smoking at 3540fps. Not a big cartridge by any means
How do you like your Burris, Have you tries a Nightforce or Huskemaw?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
How do you like your Burris, Have you tries a Nightforce or Huskemaw?
I love it. Regardless of what anyone says. I throw it onto my quad and go calling for the day regards of the temps and the laser or batteries have yet to fail.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 AM

Hey coy and Edm, no need to host any competition, I brought up the Standing Offhand Challenge which is almost two years old now ... Not a competition, nobody compares, no need for video proof ... just for fun and personal satisfaction. Share your passion for shooting. All you need is twelve bullets, a hundred meter spot to shoot.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
I love it. Regardless of what anyone says. I throw it onto my quad and go calling for the day regards of the temps and the laser or batteries have yet to fail.
Thanks for answering that C.C. I have heard of Burris Batteries failing in cold temperatures, so it not true after all! I was thinking of replacing my 4200 Rainguard Elite on my 30-06 with a Burris Eliminator, now I am going to put one on for sure!

Thanks 260 Rem, I will post my results when and if I go out with C.C. But will only do that this summer
Old 12-29-2014, 10:04 AM

Edm, no need to wait to go out with a partner as "proof" is not needed. An important part of the Challenges is integrety, and there is no reason to believe any shooter would fudge their results as they would only be misleading themselves. Give it a go on your own, or if you really want a observer, just post a request and I expect one of your fellow AO'rs would accommodate ... being there are folks here that are members of almost every Range in Alberta.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for answering that C.C. I have heard of Burris Batteries failing in cold temperatures, so it not true after all! I was thinking of replacing my 4200 Rainguard Elite on my 30-06 with a Burris Eliminator, now I am going to put one on for sure!

Thanks 260 Rem, I will post my results when and if I go out with C.C. But will only do that this summer
Odd, CC offers to get out this week, now it's gonna be when and if and not till summer? I had figured you'd want to put this thing to bed once and for all.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Odd, CC offers to get out this week, now it's gonna be when and if and not till summer? I had figured you'd want to put this thing to bed once and for all.
Well buddy the fact of the matter is, I don't have my PAL renewed yet. I don't break the law.

C.C. for the hell of it, what I really want to do is to put up some pie plates at 500 yards and shoot freehand as well, with video of course. Love proving the Nay Sayers WRONG!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:26 AM

Well CC more than likely has his pal so as long as you are with him you are good to go. Cant wait to see the video.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Well CC more than likely has his pal so as long as you are with him you are good to go. Cant wait to see the video.
Check the law. I did as soon as I found out my PAL had expired this year. You are not allowed to even carry a weapon much less shoot your own without supervision. When and if I am invited to shoot at C.C's place then I will be shooting my Browning Mountain Ti and Huskemaw at 500 yards, freehand on video, not anyone else's rifle. If I am not invited then I will go out and have a friend video me shooting 500 yards freehand and I will post it. Is that fair?

I just received a PM and was informed that I was the most despised poster on AO and a liar. I can't wait to clear this up more then anyone!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:55 AM

So let CC carry your firearm and be within arms reach to supervise you. I'm really excited to see the video. CC shoots in all weather conditions so take him up on his offer and show some results.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
So let CC carry your firearm and be within arms reach to supervise you. I'm really excited to see the video. CC shoots in all weather conditions so take him up on his offer and show some results.
Don't worry I will post either way. But I will be shooting in the warmer weather, when I have my PAL renewed. In any case, I never lie and you have my word that I will video the event and will post it.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:03 AM

Since your PAL has expired, what arrangements have you made to ensure your firearms are now out of your possession and safely stored in the home of a person with a valid license?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Since your PAL has expired, what arrangements have you made to ensure your firearms are now out of your possession and safely stored in the home of a person with a valid license?
Sent them to a friends place, filled out the renewal application and sent it out a while ago, hope to get it back this month.

Thank you to everyone that walked me through the process when I started a Thread on the topic.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Banned

I hope everyone has thier hip waders on, it's getting deep in here.

Thanks again for another morning chuckle edmhunter
Old 12-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I hope everyone has thier hip waders on, it's getting deep in here.

Thanks again for another morning chuckle edmhunter
What's so funny?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I will post my results when and if I go out with C.C. But will only do that this summer
Whats wrong with saying in the next week or two..........

C'mon EDM get off the pot, and shut the nay sayers up....I wanna see the videos, and the pie plates after the fact....

There are no absolutes
Old 12-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Whats wrong with saying in the next week or two..........

C'mon EDM get off the pot, and shut the nay sayers up....I wanna see the videos, and the pie plates after the fact....
Because frankly I do not enjoy shooting when it's -20 and prefer to shoot when it's warm out as in the summer time.

To the guy that sent me that crappy PM. I hope you have the integrity to contact L-C and confirm my statements and the facts on the subject. Then have the class to apologize.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
What's so funny?

Good lord. Not you again. Why are we keeping this clown around guys?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Why do you keep dragging me and Dad into your rodeo? Keep our names out of it....over crap that happened several years ago.

Thanks in advance!

LC
Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
Good lord. Not you again. Why are we keeping this clown around guys?
YAWN!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
What's so funny?
You, because you are one big joke.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Because frankly I do not enjoy shooting when it's -20 and prefer to shoot when it's warm out as in the summer time.
I'll put up a day pass at Rocky for you, and anyone else, who wants to come see how it's done, just to put an end to the rumours...They have a heated firing line....So you can stay nice and warm.

I'll even arrange a ride for you from Leduc, with a fully licenced PAL holder......

I'm off the rest of the week, but Saturday is booked for family, so let me know what day works for you, I'm sure we can get a few AO'er to come vouch for your perfomance.........

There are no absolutes
Old 12-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I'll put up a day pass at Rocky for you, and anyone else, who wants to come see how it's done, just to put an end to the rumours...They have a heated firing line....So you can stay nice and warm.
that's a nice little range. i don't mean to derail but where does one get insurance like they suggest?

Quote:
We want to keep our range for years to come – the only way our insurance covers any individual on the property is if they PAY for their insurance. Individuals without proper insurance SPECIFIC TO OUR CLUB pose a great liability to the club, and will be dealt with accordingly.