Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-05-2020, 01:35 PM
AO Sponsor

Default Open Hose - Weekend Sept 25-26, 2020

Old 09-05-2020, 01:36 PM
AO Sponsor

It has been a stinky summer with no rendezvous and most trapper picnics/events cancelled. In light of this, Marilyn and I have decided to hold an open house for our new store located just outside of Vauxhall, AB, situated between Taber and Brooks, basically 15 minutes west of our previous Hays location.
We cordially invite you to our Grand Opening. To increase opportunity for all, we will have demos and events on Saturday. Camping is encouraged at the nearby Vauxhall Lions Park Campground, 1 mile away. Quality motels located in Taber, 20 minutes away. Restaurants also located in Vauxhall pizza/Chinese/etc , 1 mile away.
We hope to be able to connect with our many much appreciated customers and hope it will be a good time. We realize it is late in the season and many are elk hunting, etc, but it seems the fun never ends between hunting, fishing and trapping.
Hope to see you then!
Alberta Covid Guidelines will apply. Day-trippers are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch, hot dawg components, lawn chairs etc. And we will pray for good weather!!!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 PM

Looks like quite an upgrade on your new skinning shack.Will probably see you driving around in a brand spanking new Dodge this winter.Looking forward to the gettogether.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:02 AM
AO Sponsor

I only have a 20x 40 bay for skinning... poor me. I must get an air flow happening tho, so the building owner doesn’t kick me out cuz of bad odours. It’s sure to be the cleanest skinning shack in all the lands!

I was thinking of unloading my 04, get something a little newer. A Cummins with only 274K on it. You should buy it from me, then you’d have a real trapping truck! Ya just can’t fit enough kiyutes in them sissy short boxes, right Bob?

So far Godberson is doing a demo or two, Duncan Abercrombie will be doing a beaver skinning demo, as well as a beaver trapping demo. Duncan is an ADC trapper from Calgary, and I believe our current beaver skinning champion? If not, he’s right up there with the best. One more Shaun Faijnor from Burstall, SK will also be doing a demo or two and is quite proficient with both the steel foot trap as well as all types of snares as he is AB stock.

I will be doing a few demos also. Definitely a couple snare demos, both technical and practical, as well as a coyote demo with steel foot traps.

Vauxhall Lions Park Campground

Reservations 403-654-4052
Old 09-17-2020, 02:00 PM
AO Sponsor

UPDATED: