Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Default Looking for Help

I am a new resident in Edmonton. I moved here last year from BC and have never hunted in Alberta. I'm not so much looking for a partner as more advice on locations. I have been looking at doing some hunting in the 507 WMU area. Any advice?
Shawn
Old 06-18-2011, 02:56 PM

Default I am looking for bow and rifle hunting partner

Hi, my name is Nia, 38 years old, I am recently moved to Calgary Alberta. I have been hunting big game for ten years. I have 2 young kids at home so I usually do weekend trips here and there. I hunt with rifle . Also I started bow hunting this year, but would love to go for moose in a close enough area, 1-3hrs drive from Calgary. I am fairly well equipped for big game hunting. I'm looking for someone with experience to hunt big game with bow or rifle around Calgary area. I am pretty easy going but would like to have someone to become friends with, share the hunt experience with and help each other with animal recover and watch my back for grizzly bears. Anybody interested please PM me.

thanks,

Nia
Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
I will be in the Suffield area for cow elk in the early season. If any one else needs some help or would like to join me then feel free to drop me a line. I was also drawn for archery antelope in the same season and zones. I am in Calgary.

Also interested in hunting geese and ducks. If any one else wants to hook up that has their own blind (I only have one for myself) then let me know. I am willing to scout with you but I can only run around on weekends due to work.
I'm a newby too, took two mules last year so Ive run through the basics on field dressing ect but Im no smooth operator...yet.

Happy to get out as much as I can even if its just to shadow, have my own riffles (.308, .30_06)
Also in calgary....drop me line
Kate
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Default Lots of land and lots of time.

Live southeast of red deer and my dad and I farm 4500 acres along the red deer river valley. Lots of good bird hunts, and lots of good white tail. I guide for mule deer so I probably won't be able to help you with that or my outfitter would kill me but happy to help anyone looking for the other. Pm me or email.
Rickmontgomery@gmx.com
Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM

Default hey

i am looking for some private land to hunt deer or elk anyone could help me would be appreciate
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM

my hunting partner(s) are always family. my dad, grandpa, uncle, and brother. best little clan a guy could ask for! along with some old family friends!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 PM

I bought a few acres at little smokey and building a hunting cabin this summer on it,if any one form valleyview or little smokey is looking for some one for archery elk or whitetails I'll be spending alot of my fall down there hopefully hunting.

timba
Old 06-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Oops
I messed up
please delete
Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 PM

I am a new hunter as well. Well, not new; used to hunt lizards and snakes in my hometown in Mexico. Looking for a partner to go hunting with, in or close to Calgary, AB.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 AM

Default Looking for a hunting partner/s

I have hunted by myself for a lot of years, 25 years, I hunt pretty much anything I can get tags for. I have tried birds, not to good at it, but want to try it some more. So if anyone is interested in teaching that would be neat.
I do have alot of skill in skinning, tracking, and calling, almost anything except Elk. So if someone new is interested I could help. Or if someone with experience wants a hunting partner I would like to hook up.
Anything that gets me out would be great. Even if I don't have tags, and was just along to help drag, or gut. I can help with a new area, or push bush.
I have a few areas myself, and am always looking for more, so if someone wants to look at the same new areas I am looking at and hang out while scouting I'd do that too.
I do have a GF who has just got into hunting, she has been out on hunting trips for 2 seasons, and is an excellent spotter, takes directions well, and learns amazingly fast. Having another seasoned hunter who she can learn from, instead of just me would help.
Pretty much any way I can get out into the woods or onto the prairies, works for me.
If you are looking to learn new land, or get some experience, or help teach I'd be interested.
PM me. I live in Calgary.
Thanks,
Nevik2506
Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 PM

Default Edmonton area..

Hey guys.. I'm located up in Edmonton but have a lake lot up towards Athabasca.. I'm only on my second season starting in the fall.. I've got a trailer set up there, I have a quad and my own rifles.. Looking for a group/partner that might enjoy heading up that way.. I would prefer the social night time drinkers.. And a little experience wouldn't hurt.. However we all gotta start some where.. Myself included so green guys would be welcome as well.. Give me a pm and we can see if we can make something happen..

Last edited by Coldone; 07-06-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandycourt View Post
Looking for a new group of people to hunt with!!! 27 year old female from edmonton, own a 270 and this will be my 5th year out. I like to hunt deer and moose. Would go for elk as well! Have all my own gear but the truck is gone in the divorce!!!

Looking for people with a sense of humour who actually do hunt and usually save the drinking for when the sun goes down!!! Male or female doesnt matter as long as you arn't looking for a date!!!!
Well picked up a truck... all I need is some people to hunt with!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Default Yellowhead County

I have never goose or duck hunted and would like to get out to do some in the Yellowhead County area. I have guns and transportation but no decoys or blinds. Let me know if you can help out!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Default Looking for Hunting Partner or Group in Calgary Area

Hi Everyone,

My name is Samuel. I am 30 years old and have lived in Calgary for the last 6 years. Last year I have finally had time to get my PAL and my hunting license. I am hoping to find an experienced hunting partner or a group that would be willing to take me along. I own a Tikka .308 and have decent shooting skills. White Tail, Elk and any other big game hunt would be of interest to me. Even without a tag I would be willing to come along for the experience and any help I can offer. As a family guy I would prefer to stay in 3-4 hour range to Calgary but can take time off for longer hunts. If interested please PM me or email at sampaul181@yahoo.ca.
Thank you,
Samuel

Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Default Hunting Partner in Leduc County

I just moved to Leduc, I am 28 and have been rifle hunting for two seasons. I am looking at getting into archery this season and looking for someone to show me the ropes for both nstyles of hunting. I am very willing to learn and willing to pack meat. My first deer was a nice 5x5 so now im hooked for life. Im kinda geared up for my self but no truck and no quad just a trailblazer that i could get into some areas if need be. I would like a partner for hunting around leduc county but im willing to go elsewhere

Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM

hunting by one self aint that bad sometimes ..a person can get out and think..relax time to your self had some of best times by myself shot some big deer ..

let er buck
Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Got an early season Antlered Moose draw for 517. Anyone with a similar tag interested in a hunting partner or having another body in camp?

Grizz
Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 PM

I am new to the area. I told a friend of mine in Edmonton today that I am keen to get out but have no idea where to start. He suggested this Alberta Outdoors Forum. If there is anybody out that willing. I'm keen
Old 07-14-2011, 08:58 PM

I have just recently moved here. I have never hunted in Alberta. If you don't mind showing me the ropes. I would love to join
Old 07-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Got an antlered moose tag in 244. Anyone with want to partner up and head out that would be great.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Got bull moose in 208' and mule buck in 158 if anyone would like to tag along or team up. East of Calgary
Old 07-17-2011, 04:35 AM

Hi I'm looking for a hunting partner to go elk hunting with. I have been drawn for elk in wmu 430. I have lots experience hunting but not much experience with backpack hunting. I've tried general season elk hunting but get tired of stumbling on people. I want to go whee there isnt roads and quad trails. Ive been going over satelitte images and hiking trails in the bighorn river area. Going to be heading that wAy next month so
Etime to do more scouting. If someone is interested in coming on a hunt with me drop me a pm. Thanks chris
Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Default Bull moose in 336

I made the big bo bo and put in a second choose on my draw this year and of course got drawing for it I have been in the area a few times but very limited to the true lay of the land any one that would not mind showing a old new guy to the area around and just maybe start a hunting partnership let me know ok. I live out west of wildwood on the river
Be safe and well

Last edited by Bob; 07-17-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: more info
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned

Default Cow Elk in 208

Hi , did anyone else draw a tag for Elk in 164 , 166 , or 208 , if so we can hunt all 3 zones , well l got drawn , now l need someone to come with me that has a tag there too , thinkin of going up there to scout and get some permission in Aug , l have Quad and trailer , 68 years old , smoke , and 1 old man and an Elk by himself is not good , haaaaaaaaa , so if your drawn up there and want to team up , send me a pm.
Also if any land owners in that area are on this site and can help me out would be much appeciated , never got an Elk yet.
Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM

Default Moose In 244

Anyone want to partner up on a bull moose in 244 i got drawn but lost my partner who was gonna show me around
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 PM

Live and farm in the 166. Got some sheds from some big bulls out on the lease. Horse back is best, but if you want I can show you around the lease, and get you some prime permission in the north end.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
Live and farm in the 166. Got some sheds from some big bulls out on the lease. Horse back is best, but if you want I can show you around the lease, and get you some prime permission in the north end.
Pm,ed reply
Old 07-22-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveters View Post
I am a new resident in Edmonton. I moved here last year from BC and have never hunted in Alberta. I'm not so much looking for a partner as more advice on locations. I have been looking at doing some hunting in the 507 WMU area. Any advice?
Shawn
pm sent..
Old 07-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Thinking about fishing the bow tomorrow if anyone is interested.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Default Novice Hunter

Hey everybody. I'm Myles. I'm just started hunting this past fall and i'm looking to find some new hunting partners. This year i'm looking to fill some Whitetail and mule tags with some experienced hunters. I live in Leduc and i'm willing to travel. I've been out for one season and managed to get a doe. Also i'm interested in hunting geese this season as well, I don't know much about hunting these or any bird for that matter. If anyone out there and help me out or point in the right direction it would be a great help. Thanks.
Myles.B

Last edited by mburton2288; 07-27-2011 at 09:25 PM.