Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Default Trophy ridge react sight

Anyone buy or shoot one yet? I picked up one on the weekend. I sighted in for 20 yards, than stepped back to 30 yards and with the pin gaps maxed out I'm still about 6 inches low. Any ideas? I have the sight as close to me as it can go. Would moving it out help or make it worse? I'm new to all this and not sure what to start changing.
On another note everything else about the sight is awesome! And the fiber optics are super bright!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 PM

Default React sight

I just looked on there site and there is a 9:52 min video explaining a lot about it. Besides the screw holes that can move the site farther or closer there are staggered holes so you can raise or lower the whole site on your riser. So maybe if you move it so that it lowers the site it will help the situation. Check it out and I hope this helps you. Cheers roscoe
Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM

Where is the 20 yd pin in relation to the centre of the scope body? If it's a good distance below half way down you will run out of room to use the lower pins. But I've never seen a sight running out of space for a 30 yd pin. Like Roscoe says......lower the entire site body. It looks like your site can accommodate this at least marginally. You probably have form issues too. If you hold your bow high, your site pins will be gathered lower in the sight body. If you cannot use all of your pins then you will have to lower the position you hold your bow. I'm saying this without reference to a peep site. Raising your peep will cause you to hold the bow lower. This makes sense to you?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM

To answer your other question....move the sight out further away from you for a longer sight radius and the potential for better accuracy.

Ensure your nock point/d-loop is in the proper position on your string.

LC
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 PM

Ok thanks. Ya ill give that a try lefty and see how that goes. Apparently once it's set at 20 and 30 yards it sets the others as well out to 60 yards. Pretty cool if that is the case. And will be awesome for hunting to do a quick check to make sure it didn't get moved.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 PM

My buddy bought one, dialed it in, works great. I wasn't sure how the sight would work the math out but it does. You really have to make sure that you are drilling the arrows in the bulls eye at 20 cause even an inch lower you'll be way off at 60.

Stik'em
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM

I had to move mine all the way out and move my peep to get it on. After I got the 20 dialed I didn't have any other issues.