Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-28-2016, 04:01 PM

Smile Wait until you hear the doggy stories!

I think it was Jim O'Connor wrote in answer to the question; " what makes those dogs I hear about at hunting lodges so good?" His answer, Jim Bean or Wild Turkey! Excellent answer.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Banned

Poor guy likely just had low self esteem and only wanted to make friend and you outed him on a public forum that he will possibly see,,,, poor guy, kind of a negative post
Old 02-29-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steyrman View Post
My .22 lr shot a one hole 5 shot group at 100m in the presence of several witnesses. A few years back when I lived in Williams Lake, I was at the local club with several other shooters, and I had brought a few of my Coopers with me. The one in question was a 57M LVT .22 lr with an early Kahles 10X scope from one of my Steyr SSG's, in this scope the reticle visually moves when adjustments are made. So you centre the reticle and try to adjust windage by moving the rear ring windage screws, which just happened to be a Leupold set up, its hit and miss most of the time as it takes very little to move the group. Anyhow I had an audience as I had shot a 3/16" group with a Cooper Montana in 257 AI, now it was the .22's turn. The first round hit 2" low and 3" right, so I backed off one screw and tightened the other and nobody seemed to notice that I had moved the rear ring, the next round went in the same hole, by now I had everybody's attention, they said shoot some more and lets see what it can do, the third round went in the same hole. When the third round hit I noticed an impact about 12" to the left on another target, since it had multiple holes no one else noticed. I continued to fire round four and round five, all landing in the same hole as I was told by those watching, but in reality I shot about a 1" 4 shot group on the left target.

I had offers to buy the rest of the CCI Green Tag ammo I was using, the scope and the rifle, when I told them I wanted $4000 for the set up they backed off. I was offered $20.00 for the target if I would sign it, I signed it and gave it away and promptly packed up and headed home before I was asked to duplicate my "one holer". I never brought that LVT to the club again, but was asked about it on several occasions. Only one other person watching new what had actually happened, he told me when he was out of earshot of the range, he laughed until he cried.
Now that is hilarious!!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsden View Post
Now that is hilarious!!
x2 LOL. I am sure I have some accurate rifles!! (I just have not proven it yet)
Old 03-01-2016, 08:46 PM

I will admit, I love when a group really comes together and you best yourself. I have been known to post pics, or show friends because I am happy when a load works..or practice pays off. But, normally, I put my targets in the pile on the corner of my bench. I have shot great groups...many average groups, ...and a lot of "learning groups". I would imagine when you are such a perfect shot as the person mentioned in the OP's post, it would get boring?