Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-09-2013, 07:41 PM

Default Bow mounted flashlight

I was browsing the US Cabelas website and I came across this little gem...As I thought about what a perfect gopher and frog tool, now I was looking through the regs and came across no hunting wildlife with a light, Do Gophers and frogs fall in that? As well there is nothing in the regs about shooting a bow at night only discharging a firearm.

image.jpg

It's called the Hawglite Marauder lighting system, The red and green heads produce 68 and 88 lumens respectively, enough to see well beyond 30 yds. at night. A remote tactical switch mounts in the most convenient location on your bow or rifle so you can activate the light when you're ready. The 110 lumen white light coupled with the standard tail-cap switch provides a premium-quality flashlight that outperforms most others. A built-in swivel gives you options for positioning. Operates on three AAA batteries.

How much fun would that be..

Stik'em
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik'em View Post
I was browsing the US Cabelas website and I came across this little gem...As I thought about what a perfect gopher and frog tool, now I was looking through the regs and came across no hunting wildlife with a light, Do Gophers and frogs fall in that? As well there is nothing in the regs about shooting a bow at night only discharging a firearm.

Attachment 72557

It's called the Hawglite Marauder lighting system, The red and green heads produce 68 and 88 lumens respectively, enough to see well beyond 30 yds. at night. A remote tactical switch mounts in the most convenient location on your bow or rifle so you can activate the light when you're ready. The 110 lumen white light coupled with the standard tail-cap switch provides a premium-quality flashlight that outperforms most others. A built-in swivel gives you options for positioning. Operates on three AAA batteries.

Stik'em

Quote:... I was looking through the regs and came across no hunting wildlife with a light, Do Gophers and frogs fall in that? As well there is nothing in the regs about shooting a bow at night only discharging a firearm."

Unnder General Regulations ..Rule 11..

11. "Hunt any wildlife or Discharge a firearm between one half hour after sunset or one half hour before sunset"

Although your right it mentions firearm and a bow falls...IMHO INcorrectly under WEAPON...however

I think the key words here is "HUNT ANY WILDLIFE"

Wildlife generally falls under anything that breaths, swims, walks, flys, crawls slithers ,has a heart and can be seen with a naked eye...lol

so IMHO the answer is NO you cant hunt with a flashlight...that was made for down in the USA where they can hunt Racoons, frog hogs etc at night...

JMHO
Neil

Last edited by L.O.S.T.Arrow; 05-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM

That's what I figured, I just hoped anyways...thanks Neil....btw do you have a Z7 tactical so I can mount the flashlight and have a home defense/zombie bow.....haha

Stik'em
Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM

LOL....no but I Got an APA Nano Tactical...hates Zombies N Critters...lol

Neil
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Default light

Color me stupid but whens the last time anyone has seen a gopher out at night hahaha
Old 05-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Default light

But frogs would definatly be fun
Old 05-15-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik'em View Post

Attachment 72557

Stik'em

Just watch in some places bows are considered firearms and you cant shoot at night.

Happy Hunting.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 AM

Bowfishing.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:43 PM

I like the Streamlight TLR series weapon lights. Without or with lasers. You would have to mount them to a picatinny rail.........great for crossbows........just slap on a picatinny rail. There is a convenient thumb switch.......don't need all those pressure pad things and wires. These are ijnexpensive too.......unless you get the combo laser and light model

TLR-1