Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 PM

Default bow great day but what a mess

Me and my daughter were out on the bow to day. Had a blast fishing only caught a white. But was the high light to my 4 year olds day! she left with a smile ear to ear. But as we walked down the river she would ask me why no one picked up there litter .I must have piked up. 600ft of fishing line and saw tons of stuff left or. Floating on the shore line kinda made me sad that a 4year old gets the fact that u take ur garbage with u but some people don't get I guess .
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Yes a very disturbing scene unfortunately that's for sure, but what an educational opportunity!!

P
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Ya I love the bow! but there is garbage everywhere. especially in spring. But that's a city river I guess. Just wish people were more considerate.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Unfortunately it's not just in the city's section of the Bow. I was on the Bow at wildcat and I picked up about 100s of yds of line left behind, bottles, lures, cigarette packs,... I just don't understand people's laziness and lack of respect for what they enjoy.
I lived in Scotland for 10 years and things are much much worst there. You can hike to a remote lake and find a ton of rubbish left by fishermen, so imagine places where you don't have to hike.... I thought Canada would be better as less populated and it mostly is, apart from along the Bow in popular area.
Sorry about the rant, I just find it so upsetting and it's sad that you daughter had to see it.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Ya I know she was like what's this and this as we walk down the river. I would of taken a dumpster just to clean up the 1km we walked. There was everything and every thing. She found more steel then any thing. I guess people think it will just wash a way and it will be gone
Old 04-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Ya I've been lucky on the bow for every where I fish has been relatively garbage free

"Theirs a fine Line between fishing and standing on the shore like a dummy" - steven