Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 AM

Default Your favorite hometown outfitter

We all have our favorites the guys that will talk to you even though you might not buy a new ( desired article here) today
so nominate them here let the whole community know what a great job these guys do
No negatives please if you can't say anything good.... let the omission of a shop speak louder than saying something you could regret (PLEASE)
I know in some of the big cities ( LOL ) some folks don't like Wholesale well I'd just like to say they are great in my books down this neck of the woods
Helpful courteous knowledgeable staff
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the king and parliament
All up alive!
Eat, Drink, and be merry for tomorrow we shall surely die
Certified tinfoil hat wearing redneck.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Thought this would take off
when I was growing up Ribtor was the place for all your outdoor needs then I discovered russel sports and spent many hours in there
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Nova *!% View Post
We all have our favorites the guys that will talk to you even though you might not buy a new ( desired article here) today
so nominate them here let the whole community know what a great job these guys do
No negatives please if you can't say anything good.... let the omission of a shop speak louder than saying something you could regret (PLEASE)
I know in some of the big cities ( LOL ) some folks don't like Wholesale well I'd just like to say they are great in my books down this neck of the woods
Helpful courteous knowledgeable staff
Just occurred to me you all might think I work Here?
I am not advertising for these guys on propose other than they treat me like a human and with dignity
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 PM

Didn't want you just sitting here talking to yourself Nova (quoting yourself is a cry for help), soooo.....

You know, you run into jerks or uninformed guys in every store, but I find most of the guys who work in outdoor/hunting and fishing specialty stores like to talk and give advice. My theory is that people who work in those sort of stores often/usually do so because they do those things themselves and like to be around the gear.

I see the same thing in musical instrument stores, Mountain Equipment Co-op, cycle shops...

Go to Staples or an appliance store or a department store or a 7-11. You think those guys are in love with the product? No, it's just a job.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Proline Shooters in Calgary.

they were always a saturday morning stop for me and they have a nice niche in the market.

very knowledgable and some very cool toys. a good bunch of guys.

and i enjoyed Russels when it was around.

now i'm in manitoba so i have to travel to find gun stores.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Banned

Default West Country Sports

I go to West Country Sports in Sundre. Dave is a one man band, can fix or repair any chainsaw, weedwacker etc., good for most repairs on guns, scope mounting, but not a machinist, even though it is a fairly small store by comparison to WSS or BPS he will get in anything you need or want and the price will be good. There is a good selection of guns both used and new. He supports the local organizations and I like dealing with the small town service....no big brand attitude.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Okotokian;837206]Didn't want you just sitting here talking to yourself Nova (quoting yourself is a cry for help), soooo.....

The BIGGEST lol ok so I'm on here 24/7 right now 'cause I'm busted up took a dive and broke my foot another couple of weeks and I should be finished muttering to myself And I might just return to normal if my Dr lets me get back to work that is
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVTRAPPING View Post
I go to West Country Sports in Sundre. Dave is a one man band, can fix or repair any chainsaw, weedwacker etc., good for most repairs on guns, scope mounting, but not a machinist, even though it is a fairly small store by comparison to WSS or BPS he will get in anything you need or want and the price will be good. There is a good selection of guns both used and new. He supports the local organizations and I like dealing with the small town service....no big brand attitude.
always a good idea to "buy local" I hope Dave gets more customers out of this post
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM

Lac La Biche Sporting Goods, bar none. Everything from boats & accessories, quads, motorcycles, & snowmbiles to hunting, fishing, camping, hockey, baseball. You name it, they seem to have it covered, and prices are more than competitive with anyone!!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 PM

hmmm isn't talking about businesses that are not sponsors of this site a no no?? or is that just for taxidermists?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVTRAPPING View Post
Dave definitely fits. If nothing else, always good for some conversation.

Grizz
Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
hmmm isn't talking about businesses that are not sponsors of this site a no no?? or is that just for taxidermists?
Not advertising for them and Will ask a mod to close thread if that starts no this was meant as a cudo's for your go to outdoor store
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Gone Hunting

I was in RedDeer today and noticed that the "SPORTSMAN"S DEN" has moved to a new location. Just a block or so north of it's old location on the same side of Gates.

It used to be a friendly little store with a "homey clutter" to it. It is now in a big bright uncluttered setting but still has a friendly feeling to it (staff I guess).

I am from Rocky but I stop in Sundre at West Country when ever I am down that way and I stop in at Caroline Supply when I am about there.

Timber Creek Outdoors is the place in Rocky to pic up the what-ever-you-need for hunting fishing and camping items. The owner may look like a bear but he is a friendly bear.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 PM

Favourite??!! WE ONLY HAVE ONE!!!
however, Bill at Outdoor Essentials has gone the extra mile to try and get stuff in that people request, and gives the best price he possibly can.
He has a broad assortment of rifles , and even has a nice O/U and a B78- WRONG cartridge for me however!
Regardless, if you are looking for a limited edition knife, quality clothing, mountain gear, or a rifle , he either has it or will get it as quick as he can!

Cat