Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2024, 10:36 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
While Hawcs is invaluable, they could get even better intel from 2-3 drones with IR cameras hovering low around the residence, at both less expense & less disruption to residents. That said, the chopper has a different psychological effect on the perp (if they’re sane or not high as a kite, anyways).

Hawc’s is certainly great for getting around the city & for following vehicles, but in a stationary situation such as this, drones can get way closer & pick up better footage for way less $$
Very true... I wonder how much of HAWKS though is about the intimidation factor? Hearing that WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP constantly over your head when being hunted has to have a phycological effect.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 03-15-2024, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
A year ago two EPS officers showed up to a home for a complaint and were shot and killed. If either of those police officers were my son, daughter, brother, father etc., I would want the shooter shot and killed.

Shooting at a gun at a police officer, setting off a starting pistol, shooting in the air, should be returned with lethal and deadly force.

BW
That is exactly my point, when shots are fired at police, they need to eliminate the threat to themselves and to the public asap, and the welfare of the suspect, and whether the firearm is real, or is being fired in the air, really doesn't matter. And the nature of the warrant doesn't matter, once the suspect has escalated the situation to this level.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Very true... I wonder how much of HAWKS though is about the intimidation factor? Hearing that WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP constantly over your head when being hunted has to have a phycological effect.
I'm sure it does!

When we moved out of Edmonton, we were so happy to get away from the sounds of that helicopter always flying over our neighbourhood.

Then Mandel got his wish and got the muni shut down, and the heli now flies over our new neighbourhood on its way to its new home.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
So far there really are no "facts", shots may have been into the air, may have been a starter pistol for all we know.

We should let our courts determine the fate of this individual, court of public opinion usually does not have facts, only emotions to convict.
Fact is he has a neighborhood locked down and is shooting , who gives a crap even if he is/was just shooting at the clouds. Point is his actions should not be tolerated. It's not like he was target practicing in a gravel pit on the edge of town.

Attitudes like yours are one of the reasons why we have such a problem with constant and increasing incidents like this one. The courts give the perpetrator the benefit of the doub't over and over again. The legal industry goes to the end of the earth to absolve them of any responsibility for their actions and put them back on the streets as soon as possible even though they know he is most likely to re offend one way or another. Seems the safety and rights of a peaceful society always take a back seat to the 'rights' of people who victimize society. If we simply shot these idiots dead it might make the hundreds of others like him think twice, but nooo we have to molly coddle them, send in the shrinks, counsellors and probation officials who let them back out to do the same crap over and over again. Why is it that criminals are placed on a pedestal and their rights are deemed more important than the rights of the victimized.

The rules for engagement need to be changed from negotiations, swat teams, helicopters, lawyers, medical teams, ad nauseum and changed to the guy being given an ultimatum of drop the gun and surrender on the count of 3 or your getting shot, no ups no extras, your choice, handcuffs or the coroner.

We've cultivated and fertilized a culture of a growing segment of society who disregard any respect for others and we are reaping the results.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Fact is he has a neighborhood locked down and is shooting , who gives a crap even if he is/was just shooting at the clouds. Point is his actions should not be tolerated. It's not like he was target practicing in a gravel pit on the edge of town.

Attitudes like yours are one of the reasons why we have such a problem with constant and increasing incidents like this one. The courts give the perpetrator the benefit of the doub't over and over again. The legal industry goes to the end of the earth to absolve them of any responsibility for their actions and put them back on the streets as soon as possible even though they know he is most likely to re offend one way or another. Seems the safety and rights of a peaceful society always take a back seat to the 'rights' of people who victimize society. If we simply shot these idiots dead it might make the hundreds of others like him think twice, but nooo we have to molly coddle them, send in the shrinks, counsellors and probation officials who let them back out to do the same crap over and over again. Why is it that criminals are placed on a pedestal and their rights are deemed more important than the rights of the victimized.

The rules for engagement need to be changed from negotiations, swat teams, helicopters, lawyers, medical teams, ad nauseum and changed to the guy being given an ultimatum of drop the gun and surrender on the count of 3 or your getting shot, no ups no extras, your choice, handcuffs or the coroner.

We've cultivated and fertilized a culture of a growing segment of society who disregard any respect for others and we are reaping the results.
Attitudes like mine ? As I stated before, and then again, the issue I have is with someone wishing death to another with-out having all the "facts".

Let's let this play out before we provide a death sentence to this individual.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post

Well said. And yes, our broken legal system, and our soft attitudes towards criminals, is the reason that more and more situations like this are occurring.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Attitudes like mine ? As I stated before, and then again, the issue I have is with someone wishing death to another with-out having all the "facts".

Let's let this play out before we provide a death sentence to this individual.
The individual has set the tone. The police are responding to the actions of this individual and he or she has crossed a line and should expect nothing lessthan lethal force to resolve.

At this juncture the individual controls the outcome of the situation. Back out of the building hands in the air then kneel down and follow all instructions.

BW
Old 03-15-2024, 12:58 PM

Looks like this standoff is still going on.
Hopefully this fella isn't a legal gun owner.....
Old 03-15-2024, 01:17 PM

Sigh……..
Build them. The people will come.
(Prisons).
If money is the issue, buy more cheap cotts.
Legal system is not the issue.
Need more places to keep them.
10,000 criminals with 5000 spots and this is what you get.
Judges are aware of the problem. Hence light punishments and reduced jail time.
Atleast that’s the picture I get.
I could be wrong but I don’t think so.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:39 PM

Does anybody know, if CPS uses the tactical unit to execute all search warrants or only in certain situations?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:56 PM

Into day 2 of this now. What is the plan, to starve the guy out?
Old 03-15-2024, 05:07 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Dam
Wish I was ice fishing today this would have been entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-15-2024, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Into day 2 of this now. What is the plan, to starve the guy out?
Plan? Good one! 😂

CPS primarily exists to pump money into the city coffers and maintain a flow of customers for the legal industry’s removing door system.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:00 PM

Default play

Taylor Swift until he surrenders.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Sigh……..
Build them. The people will come.
(Prisons).
If money is the issue, buy more cheap cotts.
Legal system is not the issue.
Need more places to keep them.
10,000 criminals with 5000 spots and this is what you get.
Judges are aware of the problem. Hence light punishments and reduced jail time.
Atleast that’s the picture I get.
I could be wrong but I don’t think so.
Privatize them and make them a business like south of the 49th…
Old 03-16-2024, 05:51 AM

Lights out

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...e237b1fa6/amp/
Old 03-16-2024, 06:04 AM

Well...he got what he deserved!

Happy to hear no innocent bystanders/police officers were injured or killed.

At this stage of the investigation, it appears all police officers present that were involved have done a great job! I Thank You all for protecting the local residents.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM

No police or civilians injured, and the neighborhood can resume their normal lives, the outcome could have been much worse. As for the shooter, he made his choices, he paid for his actions, and he will never be a threat to the public again.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Taylor Swift until he surrenders.
nah shes at least cute, Play Yoko Ono full blast until you hear that one gunshot.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-16-2024, 08:30 AM

Two fifty some year old brothers in Ohio by name of Randy and Bradley Wilhelm.
Well I think one of their wives was served a warrant by bail bondsman and things went south from there.
They lived on a huge acreage and these guys had guns like tons of guns ,thousands or I should say over hundred thousands of rounds of ammo. They actually had toys like you would not believe. That's how I found out about them is they were auctioning off their classic 70s 80s Chevy trucks. The brothers must have had over a hundred trucks. Deer heads had to many to count. These guys had all the toys.
Anyway so over a warrant for one of the women they sent a helicopter which these guys almost shot down. So then they went in with armored trucks and killed two brothers.
I'm curious how these two brothers ever got all the money to buy all this stuff?
Why with so much to lose would they choose to end this way?
Sounds like police confiscated all the guns and ammo and there was a lot of it. These guys are probably why there was an ammo shortage (joke)
Old 03-16-2024, 08:33 AM

I still remember the first time, Calgary cops had one of these incidents, a suspect was holed up in a garage and a police officer was killed. They brought in an APC and knocked the garage down. End of story.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-16-2024, 08:52 AM

The suspect got what he deserved. Well done! Just the paperwork and likely a quick investigation by ASERT.

BW
Old 03-16-2024, 09:14 AM

Default ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
nah shes at least cute, Play Yoko Ono full blast until you hear that one gunshot.
That's against the Geneva Convention.Or it should be.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Let's slow this down a bit..... I commented to Elk about wishing death onto someone, a bit extreme in my mind. The lack of facts certainly does not warrant a death sentence to this individual.

I don't support the incident, nor the reaction...
I wish death to anyone that shoots at a cop.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
I wish death to anyone that shoots at a cop.
I extend that to anyone that shoots at an innocent civilian , that is present when a crime is being committed. I don't care about gangs or drug dealers shooting each other though.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I extend that to anyone that shoots at an innocent civilian , that is present when a crime is being committed. I don't care about gangs or drug dealers shooting each other though.
Nothing wrong in that.
Colonel Jeff Cooper talked about removing drug dealer killing drug dealer from the gun shot statistics.
Called it the Good Ridence factor .
Old 03-16-2024, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
Nothing wrong in that.
Colonel Jeff Cooper talked about removing drug dealer killing drug dealer from the gun shot statistics.
Called it the Good Ridence factor .
As long as no innocent people are caught in the crossfire, it's good for society when they kill each other. A coworker was a former undercover officer in Montreal, he told us the safest place to live there, was a few blocks from a mafia leader, they don't allow crime in their neighborhoods, and the criminals all know this. But he advised against living too close, in case one leader decides to take out another leader.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
I still remember the first time, Calgary cops had one of these incidents, a suspect was holed up in a garage and a police officer was killed. They brought in an APC and knocked the garage down. End of story.
That one was in the mid ‘70’s when I was a kid, the dude sniffed modeling glue & the incident was in Ramsey. He was shooting from a garage and police showed up & returned fire, thing is the garage had a mechanics pit he was popping up & down from; the city stopped allowing oil change pits in garages from then on (as though that’d be a common thing to happen repeatedly )

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...k-friday-siege