Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2024, 07:46 AM

Default CBC has 1143 EXECUTIVES!!!

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...-in-bonus-mess

Quote:
Documents released to the CTF through access to information showed that 1,143 CBC executives split a bonus pot of $14.9 million, which meant an average bonus of just over $13,000 each.

Now how is this possible given Canadian media struggling and the Liberals pouring cash on them?

If only we could tell how much these 1143 gave in Liberal donations over the past year!

Something smells fishy in the liberal patronage party.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-14-2024, 07:55 AM

Hopefully the people who put Heartland on the air got a big share of that because it's the only thing CBC has put on TV in the past 10 years that is worth watching.

I'll admit that I used to listen to CBC radio a lot but that also changed long ago. Vinyl Tap with Randy Bachman was a great show but the CBC ditched him. Too white and too male I suppose. Madly Off in All Directions and a bunch of other shows were very entertaining but no longer fit the narrative. There's nothing but doom, gloom, and tales of oppression on CBC radio now.

Gerry Burnie
Old 03-14-2024, 08:19 AM

Imagine being taxed by force, and then that money is given out to CBC executives as bonuses? That to me is beyond belief!! It's criminal and should never happen, vote Liberal or Liberal Lite and this is the garbage that goes on.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:38 AM

Nothing to see here folks! Move along now!!
Old 03-14-2024, 08:42 AM

Propaganda takes a lot of manpower.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Imagine being taxed by force, and then that money is given out to CBC executives as bonuses? That to me is beyond belief!! It's criminal and should never happen, vote Liberal or Liberal Lite and this is the garbage that goes on.
Yup, along with taxing a tax. GST on a Carbon Tax. Fxxx. Had this happened in 1800 during French Revolution with Napoleon. To deter the aggressor. Heads would be mounted on spikes.
Humans not barbaric anymore. Maybe it is the water treatment….l
Old 03-14-2024, 09:19 AM

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/wha...at-bonus-money

$114 million in Bonuses paid out since 2015.

For a government charity whose business model is public handouts… how do they justify bonuses? Even worse… the money could have been used to help develop new income sources to wean off the government teat.

Crazy
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-14-2024, 09:51 AM

CBC has approximately 6500 employees country wide, take away exec numbers, that leaves 5350. That means they average less than 4.7 employees per executive/Snr manager. Talk about MASSIVELY top heavy. We already knew CBC is a total waste of money, but PP really needs to defund this endless money pit as soon as he gets into office.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
CBC has approximately 6500 employees country wide, take away exec numbers, that leaves 5350. That means they average less than 4.7 employees per executive/Snr manager. Talk about MASSIVELY top heavy. We already knew CBC is a total waste of money, but PP really needs to defund this endless money pit as soon as he gets into office.
Absolutely this!!
Old 03-14-2024, 01:43 PM

I Hope Pierre gives them more money and uses them for propaganda against libs.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
I Hope Pierre gives them more money and uses them for propaganda against libs.
I much his promise of cutting their funding
Old 03-15-2024, 07:01 AM

This problem isn't unique to the CBC. Lots of corporations and govts are run this way these days. Too many chiefs....
Old 03-15-2024, 07:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Good luck he will snuggle right in there and use them accordingly to support his agenda.

At least we will have a new snake at the helm....maybe

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-15-2024, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Good luck he will snuggle right in there and use them accordingly to support his agenda.

At least we will have a new snake at the helm....maybe
Unlike some people, he likely knows that the CBC will not support a conservative government, they were a huge factor in getting Trudeau elected, even though the conservatives were in power. A conservative PM would have to be a fool to think that he can trust the CBC to support the conservatives.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:19 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Unlike some people, he likely knows that the CBC will not support a conservative government, they were a huge factor in getting Trudeau elected, even though the conservatives were in power. A conservative PM would have to be a fool to think that he can trust the CBC to support the conservatives.
Yup....a fool....hopefully we get to see this play out under a new guberment...if not well we gotta put our faith in the prairie princess to push back at the libs.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-15-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Yup....a fool....hopefully we get to see this play out under a new guberment...if not well we gotta put our faith in the prairie princess to push back at the libs.
If you were paying attention, you would see that other provinces, Saskatchewan in particular , are also starting to stand up against Trudeau and his mafia. Trudeau threatening to arrest Moe , should be the most obvious sign of this. As well, multiple other provinces are
standing up against the carbon tax, so the resistance is
growing. Not everyone in Canada is as accepting of Trudeau's corruption, and the CBCs role in promoting liberal propaganda as you are, some actually are standing up against it.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-15-2024 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I would say that that is pretty typical of any public service union.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-15-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I would say that that is pretty typical of any public service union.
The larger the organization gets, the more union dues they receive. Unions have become big businesses, they are no longer about fighting for the workers.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:28 AM

Sorta like A&W., everyone is a manager. Burger manager , bun manager ….

“Jimmy ,you’ve been doing a bang up job since we hired you last week. How would like to be the new executive assistant to the condiment manager? It would be a solid career move for you!”
Old 03-15-2024, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you were paying attention, you would see that other provinces, Saskatchewan in particular , are also starting to stand up against Trudeau and his mafia. Trudeau threatening to arrest Moe , should be the most obvious sign of this. As well, multiple other provinces are
standing up against the carbon tax, so the resistance is
growing. Not everyone in Canada is as accepting of Trudeau's corruption, and the CBCs role in promoting liberal propaganda as you are, some actually are standing up against it.
Sounds a lot like Russia these days around here. Arrest and eliminate the opposition.

BW
Old 03-15-2024, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Sorta like A&W., everyone is a manager. Burger manager , bun manager ….

“Jimmy ,you’ve been doing a bang up job since we hired you last week. How would like to be the new executive assistant to the condiment manager? It would be a solid career move for you!”
Haha! So true.

But that's the thing... How do you incentivize your workers, especially the ones who want to move up? At one place that I worked at, there were so many "lead" positions, but they were only one person doing all of the work. The title upgrade was so that a person could at least qualify for a pay increase. But in a properly-run organization, management is kept to a practical level.

Zig Zieglar always said, "I'll see you at the top", but I don't recall if he ever mentioned the fact that there's very little room up there.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Haha! So true.

But that's the thing... How do you incentivize your workers, especially the ones who want to move up? At one place that I worked at, there were so many "lead" positions, but they were only one person doing all of the work. The title upgrade was so that a person could at least qualify for a pay increase. But in a properly-run organization, management is kept to a practical level.

Zig Zieglar always said, "I'll see you at the top", but I don't recall if he ever mentioned the fact that there's very little room up there.
Zig Ziegler was selling a book and an idea. Not reality.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:08 AM

Civil war is what we need ,or just one swift bullet .
Old 03-15-2024, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Zig Ziegler was selling a book and an idea. Not reality.
Yup!

And don't forget the tapes... Oh, so many boxes of tapes...
Old 03-17-2024, 10:41 AM

But what would we ever do without the CBC....

Women drive a lot of vehicle purchases. So why is there still nowhere to store a purse?
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costoflivin...rses-1.7143005

And then the article goes on to complain about male dominated design. Oh, and how EV's will revolutional this age old monumental problem....lol. And how a poor woman tore her rotator cuff trying to store her purse in a car: "And I swear I tore my rotator cuff doing that for so many years."
Your tax money is paying this CBC reporters salary.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
But what would we ever do without the CBC....

Women drive a lot of vehicle purchases. So why is there still nowhere to store a purse?
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costoflivin...rses-1.7143005

And then the article goes on to complain about male dominated design. Oh, and how EV's will revolutional this age old monumental problem....lol. And how a poor woman tore her rotator cuff trying to store her purse in a car: "And I swear I tore my rotator cuff doing that for so many years."
Your tax money is paying this CBC reporters salary.
I’m surprise the word women is still acceptable to the CBC editors!