Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-10-2022, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Just a calm reasonable plausible assessment..........THANKS!
The instagram post is not gone. It is still there.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
You do you. Not sure why that has to include personal insults though.

And by the way. I would have had the same reaction with Swarovski, Leica, or Leupold. But that isn’t likely going to be the case. If Zeiss doesn’t want their scopes around kids, dead animals, or guns maybe they ought to quit selling them.

You're got pretty thin skin if you think those were personal insults chuck, and when you start two threads over a short period being critical of the same manufacturer its an easy conclusion that you've got a mandate.

Unlikely to be the case with Swarovski and Leica and Leupold? No reason to doubt that. A quick look at those companies most recent financial reports would probably answer why. Zeiss could drop that division of their company entirely and likely still come in with higher revenues than those other 3 in total. I'd wager the semi conductor division of Zeiss bests the sport optics divisions of any of those 3. Throw in their medical division and its easy to see why Zeiss priorities vary.

They arent telling anyone to not promote their sport optics, or that they've become anti-hunting. Just to pick the right venues, and I see no problem with that. Hanging binoculars with the logo first and foremost off a dead giraffes horn would probably qualify as the wrong venue. Zeiss has a lot more to lose than the other 3 manufacturers you mentioned.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You're got pretty thin skin if you think those were personal insults chuck, and when you start two threads over a short period being critical of the same manufacturer its an easy conclusion that you've got a mandate.

Unlikely to be the case with Swarovski and Leica and Leupold? No reason to doubt that. A quick look at those companies most recent financial reports would probably answer why. Zeiss could drop that division of their company entirely and likely still come in with higher revenues than those other 3 in total. I'd wager the semi conductor division of Zeiss bests the sport optics divisions of any of those 3. Throw in their medical division and its easy to see why Zeiss priorities vary.

They arent telling anyone to not promote their sport optics, or that they've become anti-hunting. Just to pick the right venues, and I see no problem with that. Hanging binoculars with the logo first and foremost off a dead giraffes horn would probably qualify as the wrong venue. Zeiss has a lot more to lose than the other 3 manufacturers you mentioned.
The information is there for all to see. People can make their choice.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2022, 08:58 AM

It looks like I won’t be supporting this company in the future.

I completely support keeping things respectful and in good taste but I will not hide like I have done something wrong
Old 02-11-2022, 09:36 AM
Banned

This memo is for ZEISS pro staffers

You want to be “sponsored”
You get to play by their rules

There’s actually a long list of things that they don’t want you to say or do in order to be a pro staffer

One of the things is your not allowed to say anything bad about any of their products. Hence why there’s a million vortex “pro staffers” that pump up their products. It can be pure junk, but they won’t say anything bad about it so they can keep their discount code. 🤷*♂️
Old 02-11-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post

There’s actually a long list of things that they don’t want you to say or do in order to be a pro staffer

One of the things is your not allowed to say anything bad about any of their products. Hence why there’s a million vortex “pro staffers” that pump up their products. It can be pure junk, but they won’t say anything bad about it so they can keep their discount code. 🤷*♂️
All true but they are choosing how they want to be represented with these requests

Personally I don’t want to support a company that is attempting to distance themselves from some of the things listed

They may make some nice glass but I will choose to spend my money elsewhere
Old 02-11-2022, 11:04 AM

It's going to be a cold day in hell if I start stopping using Zeiss optics ,have been for 40 years and I am not stopping to use them or buy them over something I see online.

95 percent of hunters using Zeiss products won't even bat an eye at stuff like this .

If you don't like there stuff don't buy it . If your not a ZEISS fan to begin with don't worry about it. There's Zeiss hatred for a long time between competition in optic makers or guys who think there stuff is superior ,so no big deal to me .

It's a big old goofy world , so have at it anyway you wish because the anti's are picking up strength every day with stuff like this. Spread the word or just hunt and keep it to yourself. Posting pics online on non hunting sites is our biggest enemy ,that started in the very first picture on facebook or other big anti sites .

Cheers
Old 02-11-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Just don’t hunt with your kids. Lol.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2022, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Just don’t hunt with your kids. Lol.
Are you a ZEISS pro staffer?
No
So do what you want, post what you want
Old 02-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Banned

ZEISS uses the pics from their pro staffers for advertising
To me, it seems like they want to promote the experience and the hunt. More so than the death of the animal.
Any ZEISS hunting ad I have seen never includes a monster animal. And what they do show, is not the center piece of the image.
For most of the other “no go” items
They apparently don’t want to be part of the tacticool market
Which is fine

I just think they are taking the route of being a more refined company

And that’s not a bad thing either
Old 02-11-2022, 05:28 PM

Personally I love my Zeiss products. Have 2 riflescopes from them, the latest is a Conquest V4 4-16x44.
I will continue to buy and recommend them.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:45 PM

Un real ....what a bunch of bullsheet. Ive used Zeiss for years. The only optic to me that has better glass then NightForce is Zeiss. I'm with Chuck .
Doesn't have to be dissected by some computerr ********, carry on and shoot/hunt. Kill the anti wokey BS
Old 02-11-2022, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Un real ....what a bunch of bullsheet. Ive used Zeiss for years. The only optic to me that has better glass then NightForce is Zeiss. I'm with Chuck .
Doesn't have to be dissected by some computerr ********, carry on and shoot/hunt. Kill the anti wokey BS
You think nightforce has good glass?
Old 02-11-2022, 07:05 PM

I wonder if TJ and Outdoor quest will comply?
Old 02-11-2022, 07:15 PM
Banned

Don’t tag ZEISSsportoptics in the picture 🤷*♂️
Old 02-11-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
You think nightforce has good glass?
Yes i do Mark. I'm 70 with miles on my eyeballs and i have a NightForce Competition 15 x 55 x 50 on my bench gun and no complaints whatsoever. I have had a few Zeiss products on 30-06's etc and they have also been excellent
Old 02-11-2022, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes i do Mark. I'm 70 with miles on my eyeballs and i have a NightForce Competition 15 x 55 x 50 on my bench gun and no complaints whatsoever. I have had a few Zeiss products on 30-06's etc and they have also been excellent
I’ve never shot a rifle with that kinda magnification. I think I would be hooked. That’s why I don’t want to try a march scope. What caliber is the bench gun?
Old 02-11-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
To me, it seems like they want to promote the experience and the hunt. More so than the death of the animal.
Any ZEISS hunting ad I have seen never includes a monster animal. And what they do show, is not the center piece of the image.
Which is fine

Nailed it. Probably why Zeiss as a company overshadows it's main competitors. By a lot.

No Zeiss on tacticools pics? Damn. I better take mine back.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:

Luckily for Zeiss they probably never have to run a rifle scope ad again and there market wont waver one iota. Only three choices for best glass out there.

Wasn't woke one bit. Just smart business to nip things in the bud before they get started.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Which is fine

X100 Nailed it Mark.

CHEERS
Old 02-12-2022, 05:41 AM
Banned

New ZEISS ad lol

https://www.zeiss.com/consumer-produ...flescopes.html

Makes me question the post that was made on Instagram
Could be totally bogus
Old 02-12-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I’ve never shot a rifle with that kinda magnification. I think I would be hooked. That’s why I don’t want to try a march scope. What caliber is the bench gun?
Hey Mark , it's on a 6mm Dasher. It is actually a 15 x 55 x 52 obj
Compared it to a March at varied distances and two other guys picked the NF.
To each their own....both very good scopes.