Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-02-2024, 06:21 AM

Default Where Does The Time Go

It sure flies by, my son who is our youngest is 45 today and our oldest of 6 grandchildren ( his daughter ) was 21 on Xmas eve, my God time goes by fast, but I am thankful every day for our wonderful family

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
It sure flies by, my son who is our youngest is 45 today and our oldest of 6 grandchildren ( his daughter ) was 21 on Xmas eve, my God time goes by fast, but I am thankful every day for our wonderful family
Your right about time speeding up, it seems that way to me as well. At this age I’d hope time would slow down a bit but…I will not hold my breath on that one…
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 01-02-2024, 11:34 AM

Yup time waits for no one! Hard to believe I’m turning 40 this year… seems like I was just 23 a few months ago…
Old 01-02-2024, 11:49 AM

Daughter and hubby came for Xmas. She is 33 now. Seems like yesterday she was crying like the world was ending cuz she got mud on her new barbie runners.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:08 PM

I just woke up from my 5 year old afternoon nap, and it’s 60 years later.

Old 01-02-2024, 01:20 PM

It’s going too quick in my opinion. Kids are grown up and the wife is slowin down. When I chase her around the kitchen table it just tires us out and we need a nap.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
It’s going too quick in my opinion. Kids are grown up and the wife is slowin down. When I chase her around the kitchen table it just tires us out and we need a nap.
Yeah, we replaced our table with a TV tray. I can catch her now but I forget why I was chasing her.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:07 PM

Funny though the guy inside my head is pretty much the same fool that lived there when i was 25 - I have managed learn one or two things but...
The good news for the future is that my kids seem to be much smarter than i ever was
Old 01-02-2024, 02:44 PM

Anyone I know who is expecting their first kid gets the same advice...be prepared for the fast forward button to get hit...that's my experience anyway.

Its like life was in slow motion before being a parent and its in x16 zoomy mode now....anyone figures out a way to slow it down let me know please.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:30 PM

When your one year old a year is your entire life and you don't remember it.

When your six years old summer seems endless, a year is 1/6th of your life.

When your 12 summers seem to start going faster, a year is 1/12th of your life.

When your 20 summers go faster, a year is 1/20th of your life.

When your 40, the only thing you remember about summer is you were to busy to enjoy it, a year is 1/40th of your life.

When your 80 you can't remember squat and a year is 1/80 of your life.

When your 100 like my Aunt just turned, she can't remember her age because she's been permanently drunk for 80 years and thinks a quart of gin still costs 80 cents.

Thats why time goes faster as we age.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:37 PM

I feel like I'm ready for my 30's now.
But it just turned 41...
Old 01-02-2024, 10:13 PM

is she single?
Old 01-02-2024, 11:18 PM

I remember a week before I was turning 30 my buddy at work who was 20 years older told me that the time just flies after 30… boy was he right!
That was 25+ years ago already!!! Now I’m glad that I remember to take my pants off when I’m going to the bathroom and not on the way out… Nah, just kidding, life is still good! I don’t feel my age at all, especially when sitting on a couch, lol!
Old 01-04-2024, 10:40 AM

You know your getting older when your kids are all in their 40's and grandchildren are driving cars.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:31 PM

If ya want time to slow down, stand in line at the bank or call a toll-free number about a problem with an account.
If ya don't tear your hair out or swear at the phone you're way more patient than I am.
Old 01-04-2024, 04:30 PM

We were talking the other day with friends about getting older, and one person mentioned that he worked with an apprentice that is the son of a fella he worked with on the tools back in the day.
My wife said' That's nothing , as a high school teacher I taught some of my students parents!" On top of that,she has been retired for over 10 years !

Cat
Old 01-04-2024, 04:53 PM

I know a guy who is 94 and still rides. Apparently can't rope anymore because of his shoulder. Ha my shoulder all gone as well but he is quite annoyed about his shoulder but boy he gives me hope.
This last year has been the best years of my lifetime. Lots of medical issues,lots of pain,lots of things I could be stressed about but honest to God I'm so thankful for the good things in my life that time is just flying. This last year was a blurr. Seriously try to live each day in the now and as if it was your last.
I wasted decade's over wrong way of thinking about things and what I used to think was important.
Happy new year you guys Smile
Old 01-04-2024, 05:10 PM

Time is fleeting. 1957 to 2024 is the same as 1897 to 1964. So much "progress" happened between 1900 to 2000.

To put time in perspective beyond a lifetime.... We all know someone who is 85 years old. Only 85 years before I was born the great buffalo herds still roamed the continent.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets