Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 08:00 AM

It's funny usually my very first bow kill each and every year happens to be a coyote. I even got a double header with the bow a couple times

LC
Old 12-10-2017, 01:01 PM

A coyote is a fur bearing pest, NOT big game!! I can see your point about the rifle being more successful than a bow. I however feel that the challenge of bowhunting is what draws me towards it. Each of us is entitled to our own opinion. I didn’t intend this thread to start an argument about which method of hunting is more efficient. I was simply asking which everyone prefers. The rifle is not without its faults, much like the bow. The effectiveness of the weapon, is directly related to the abilities of the person holding it. There are many people who make bad shots with both weapons.

Coyote down, I respect your choice to hunt only with a rifle, please don’t come on here and disrespect all of us who choose to hunt with a bow. We don’t need to bicker amongst the hunting community, there’s already enough people fighting against us, we need to stick together. Keep up the good work knocking down those predators!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 AM

I haven't taken a rifle out for hunting in 2 years. Its been easier to bow hunt all season long with the milder winters we have been having.

Now I look around and wonder if I like them!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
We already said it is OK if you find bow hunting too difficult or challenging. No need to come on here and justify your position any further, we accept you for the method you choose. But it is disappointing that you can't extend the same courtesy.

By the way, what brand of bow do you have collecting dust? Maybe I can buy it off you if your moral compass allows it knowing it will be used for hunting!
You are going to need a ladder to reach the dust collector off the pedestal.

LC
Old 12-11-2017, 09:31 AM

I am a bow hunter only by default. Meaning I only bow hunt because the zone or season is archery only. If I can hunt with a rifle I will.
I'm a dad with a young son and hunting opportunities are not as easily available as they once were. Facts are I get a week hunt once a year for elk or moose and maybe a weekend here or there otherwise I am only getting out for a day or few hours so I make the most out of the time and seasons I do but will always take the weapon that gives me the most odds if I legally can.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Rifle, because if i see a cranker at 100 yards i cant shoot it with a bow.