Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:13 AM

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/...al-park.67556/

Interesting read on a BC forum. Read the caption on the deer pic.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
I am hearing Parks is closing the Celestine Lake area for a hunt next week for a lucky few aboriginal people. Man would I love to hunt that area. Good luck on the hunt and enjoy this special privilege.

3 bulls 3 rams and 3 deer is what they can get.
You wouldn't want any part of this slaughter about to happen, aftermath the government will step back and say oops

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

Just suck it up whitey.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

What would happen if it was reversed?

If a white group that was just given special privileges posted an "in your face" picture with such a blatant racist remark the media and government would be all over it.

But whitey's been trained to just bend over and keep your mouth shut. Nobody is willing to address the issue in fear of being looked at as...... get this..... racist!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
What would happen if it was reversed?

If a white group that was just given special privileges posted an "in your face" picture with such a blatant racist remark the media and government would be all over it.

But whitey's been trained to just bend over and keep your mouth shut. Nobody is willing to address the issue in fear of being looked at as...... get this..... racist!
1 billion percent yes ^^^^^^^^
Old 10-19-2017, 10:41 AM

The fellow who shot the buck has now realized that his photo and associated commentary was reported on here on this thread. He's mad that his 'friends' released the photo.

It's on FB if you know where to look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HurtFeelingsReport_zps3b998864.jpg (58.4 KB, 164 views)
Old 10-19-2017, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
The fellow who shot the buck has now realized that his photo and associated commentary was reported on here on this thread. He's mad that his 'friends' released the photo.

It's on FB if you know where to look.
I don't have Facebook, is he upset about being racist, or because he's so proud of shooting a farm animal?

Bahhhh haha!

Mighty hunter....
Old 10-19-2017, 11:31 AM

Default Wish I could hunt in JNP

Yes Kurt, I have the phone number to Parks Canada Jasper office: 780-852-6176. I asked to speak to the First Nations Liaison; his name is Mark Young.

I also have the phone number of the Simpcw FN based out of Barriere: 250-672-9995.

I encourage anyone to get in touch and make your feelings known, as well as talking to your local MLA and MP.

I believe that the Simpcw crossed a line with the trophy quality of animals that were harvested. I think that this issue may have traction and resonate with most of the non-hunting public, but needs to be raised intelligently and tactfully to avoid the anti-FN perception.

As hunters, there is a certain amount of irony that the public sees in our complaints of another group doing (what appears on the surface) to be the very same thing that we're doing. I.E: killing animals.

It is up to us to educate and avoid further polarization of non-hunters. Not an easy task but one that requires patience and time. At the risk of getting on a soap box, we need to strive to become better ambassadors of our way of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 09:13 AM

will there ever be a politician that has the courage to actually push for equality for all in these types of opportunities. Im getting tired of it all. Of course we all know it would be political suicide for whoever chose to take that stand. But it sure would be interesting to see someone try.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernhunter View Post
will there ever be a politician that has the courage to actually push for equality for all in these types of opportunities. Im getting tired of it all. Of course we all know it would be political suicide for whoever chose to take that stand. But it sure would be interesting to see someone try.
The problem is that so many Canadians have been brainwashed enough to believe that a certain group deserves more rights. The amount of affirmative action going on is ridiculous.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet that the first guy who tries would get roasted. Second guy would get roasted but might open some eyes, by the time the third guy tries they'd start seeing some public support, and the forth guy that tries would make a run at it.

People look to the left and look to the right before they raise their hand, just to make sure they're doing what everyone wants them to. A few kicks at the can and a few brace indaviduals and it can happen.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Yup, and the fella or woman would get my vote.
Might be surprised how many would back this individual, all we need is one but most involved with politics are too busy slithering around with the others to make a proper difference...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-21-2017, 12:01 PM

In this political environment things will get a lot better for First Nations people before it gets worse. I'm predicting big changes in the future for regulated hunting. I've never hunted private land before but I'm thinking that may change.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:09 PM

I agree with a lot of angry posts from others on this topic. What another large crock of crap!! Tell me someone that is FN that will be doing this hunt that historically used to hunt this land? After generations and generations of time/people sooner or later this special treatment crap has to stop. At what point has a large enough price been paid for this?
Old 10-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbshunt View Post
At what point has a large enough price been paid for this?
No amount of money or extra rights will ever be enough for the natives to say that "reconciliation" has been achieved. They want to hold on to the moral high ground of being a "victim". They want to make sure that the gravy train does not stop...
Closed Thread