Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 10:41 PM

Dont focus on the scale. It may not move but the inches fall off fast.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM

I am so thirsty on this diet.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-14-2019, 05:11 PM

I agree on the being thirsty, I have not drank so much water in my life. Which I am sure is not a bad thing. 2 weeks and down 9 pounds, so far so good. Little tough juggling work camp food but trying my best.
Seeing some adds for these blow in devices to show and track Keaton levels. Gimmick or useful device??
Old 02-14-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
I agree on the being thirsty, I have not drank so much water in my life. Which I am sure is not a bad thing. 2 weeks and down 9 pounds, so far so good. Little tough juggling work camp food but trying my best.

Seeing some adds for these blow in devices to show and track Keaton levels. Gimmick or useful device??

Haven’t heard of the breathalyzer, but a friend uses the pee strips to track that stuff.

Personally I’m content knowing it’s working by the scale and just following my macros so far. One month on it with exercise every second night on Saturday and down 20lbs. Im pretty impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 06:55 PM

Great job!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:10 PM

I am down 28 lbs, and not one person has noticed, man I must have been a big guy.lololll

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 02-17-2019, 02:48 PM

Default Keto

I never really liked water but now I’m possessed drinking like crazy peeing like crazy is this normal
Old 02-18-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I never really liked water but now I’m possessed drinking like crazy peeing like crazy is this normal
Keto is very flushing. Your need to be taking in your salts (electrolytes) you can end up with an electrolyte imbalance and cause you some issues. 2 teaspoons pink salt, 400mg Potassium Citrate and 2-400mg Magnesium Glycinate is what I take daily when on strict Keto. If I get that thirsty it's usually when I have slacked off taking my salts. Don't take it all at once or you will be sitting on the can for hours.

If you are afraid the salt is going to kill you read this book https://www.amazon.ca/Salt-Fix-Exper.../dp/B01GBAJR9C
Old 02-18-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytop B View Post
Keto is very flushing. Your need to be taking in your salts (electrolytes) you can end up with an electrolyte imbalance and cause you some issues. 2 teaspoons pink salt, 400mg Potassium Citrate and 2-400mg Magnesium Glycinate is what I take daily when on strict Keto. If I get that thirsty it's usually when I have slacked off taking my salts. Don't take it all at once or you will be sitting on the can for hours.

If you are afraid the salt is going to kill you read this book https://www.amazon.ca/Salt-Fix-Exper.../dp/B01GBAJR9C
I use the snake juice recipe and that works just perfect.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
I use the snake juice recipe and that works just perfect.
Where do you find food grade Epsom salts?
Old 02-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshunter View Post
Where do you find food grade Epsom salts?
https://www.google.com/search?q=food...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 02-28-2019, 11:38 PM

The wife and I are currently giving it a go. Have been on it now for just over a month with no cheat days. Have lost 31lbs.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:44 AM

Down 20 last 3 weeks.
60 to go.
Starting to feel a lot better and more energy.
Keep up the water intake. I do at least 3 L a day.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:45 AM

Down from 237 to 223lbs in the first month. Insulin intake down to 50% of what it was. Lost 2" around waist.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:17 PM

I was doing keto, loved it, but then I paired it with intermittent fasting, loved it even more, down too my goal weight (6'3" 180lbs, down from 210 on jan1st) and have switched to "lazy keto, just a bit more carbs and the odd bit of sugar. but have been doing that with OMAD, I love stuffing my face like I belong on my 600lb life, so sitting down and eating 2900kcal over about 30-45 minutes every night is just the best thing ever, the only issue is right now stopping my weight loss, sometimes it is actually hard to eat enough.
I heard a body builder sum it up like this (in reference to overall health and weight control, not bodybuilding)
"you can eat what you want, or when you want. but not both."
Old 03-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsblanks View Post
I was doing keto, loved it, but then I paired it with intermittent fasting, loved it even more, down too my goal weight (6'3" 180lbs, down from 210 on jan1st) and have switched to "lazy keto, just a bit more carbs and the odd bit of sugar. but have been doing that with OMAD, I love stuffing my face like I belong on my 600lb life, so sitting down and eating 2900kcal over about 30-45 minutes every night is just the best thing ever, the only issue is right now stopping my weight loss, sometimes it is actually hard to eat enough.
I heard a body builder sum it up like this (in reference to overall health and weight control, not bodybuilding)
"you can eat what you want, or when you want. but not both."
That is kind of the new path I’ve taken. Was doing a caloric restricted diet but ate whatever I wanted as long as I was under my calories. Did some more research thanks to suggestions in this thread. Have a large goal I want to accomplish before my wedding in October. Still caloric deficient but bumped up my calories/day. Doing that in conjunction with intermittent fasting and a “lazy Keto”. I’m pretty strict on my carbs. I’m under 50/day and they only come from the vegetables I eat. Never hungry and been losing a consistent 2-3lbs/week.

Have a 2 week holiday coming up in a few days going to be a little tougher to avoid bad food but going to try. The beers/day will be high so that’s going to mess me up. Get back on the horse when I get home.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
That is kind of the new path I’ve taken. Was doing a caloric restricted diet but ate whatever I wanted as long as I was under my calories. Did some more research thanks to suggestions in this thread. Have a large goal I want to accomplish before my wedding in October. Still caloric deficient but bumped up my calories/day. Doing that in conjunction with intermittent fasting and a “lazy Keto”. I’m pretty strict on my carbs. I’m under 50/day and they only come from the vegetables I eat. Never hungry and been losing a consistent 2-3lbs/week.

Have a 2 week holiday coming up in a few days going to be a little tougher to avoid bad food but going to try. The beers/day will be high so that’s going to mess me up. Get back on the horse when I get home.

the nicest thing about low carb and imf or even omad vs eating small meals following a standard western diet is never being hungry, a few years ago I was up too 260lbs and I lost it eating 500cal portions 3 times a day with 2 250cal snacks, I found I was always hungry and moody. this is much better.

and hey, what's the point of losing weight and being fit if you cant enjoy a few beers right? but just encase your really worried about the carbs....last I checked vodka was keto
Old 03-01-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsblanks View Post
the nicest thing about low carb and imf or even omad vs eating small meals following a standard western diet is never being hungry, a few years ago I was up too 260lbs and I lost it eating 500cal portions 3 times a day with 2 250cal snacks, I found I was always hungry and moody. this is much better.

and hey, what's the point of losing weight and being fit if you cant enjoy a few beers right? but just encase your really worried about the carbs....last I checked vodka was keto
I usually drink vodka/Soda but +40 and I’ll be loser drunk by 1pm. Haha. I’ll just enjoy the beers and eat lots of grilled meats!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
I usually drink vodka/Soda but +40 and I’ll be loser drunk by 1pm. Haha. I’ll just enjoy the beers and eat lots of grilled meats!
its a hard life when your diet involves copious amounts of steak and bacon!
Old 03-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Dinner tonight... New Zealand spring lamb chops (sous vide 128.5/2h) seared on cast iron in bacon fat. Topped with garlic/herb compound butter. Keto asparagus fries w/sour cream on the side.

Love this WOE!

Cheers,

Scott.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:01 PM

Alcohol-grams-per-keto-beer.jpg For the guys still wanting there beer I really like the Michelob Ultra
Old 03-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Down 15 lbs as of today. Can’t say I am ever hungry. Bacon is good.

Losing about 1/2 lb a day.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Down 15 lbs as of today. Can’t say I am ever hungry. Bacon is good.

Losing about 1/2 lb a day.
Awesome
Old 03-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Tried the Keto Lasagna recipe from diet doctor tonight turned out awesome IMO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0616.jpg (49.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0617.jpg (43.2 KB, 72 views)
Old 03-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macee View Post
Tried the Keto Lasagna recipe from diet doctor tonight turned out awesome IMO
That recipe is a
Old 03-05-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
That recipe is a

Agreed. Just made it with zucchini sliced lengthwise as the noodles and it was great.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 03-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Awesome
Last two days is 1 lb/day
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM

I agree on the thirst thing. I am drinking at least 3L + a day.
Good to flush out the system though.

Still using half and half in the coffee with erythritol.
Gonna condition myself to go black only.

Scale isn't moving much lately , but the pants are a lot looser.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:11 AM

2 months this week coming and I just hit 25lbs lost. Weight loss slowed significantly the last 3 weeks. But that’s what I expected from what I read. Still going in the right direction! But went from snug 42 waist jeans to really loose 38’s. I imagine I could do 36’s but I’m not buying anything new until I’m down another 10-15 lbs. amped up my workout this week. See how this goes.
Started 255.6, now 230.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019, 07:43 PM

5 weeks and down 19 lbs. lots of accidental slippage.