Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
If they don't like what we do with our oil or who we sell it to0 - they'll just go ahead a do what they've done with every other weak country that challenges the US Petro Dollar and banking system.

He got elected because he coned voters into believing he was an outsider and was independent and different.

He's owned and completely controlled by the same old financial criminal military industrial neo-con bankster gangster chicken-hawk warrior elitist parasite bloodsucking vampires that owned the last guy - and everyone before him except Kennedy.
Well Said!

I would add Jimmy Carter to your list. He wasn't owned by anyone and was to damn honest to be a politician!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:19 PM

Not sure why this became a stick measuring competition between Trump and JT since, clearly, the person of discussion is the POTUS and his actions. Though I agree, it would be weird to see and we would probably see some heavy snow coming our way if there was a thread on here without "lefties" being mentioned.

First of all, I will fix what bobtodrick said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
He's looking after his friends' best interests...nothing wrong with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I guess we'll know very shortly when Trump can show case all his achievements that he's accomplished in his all important "first 100 days".
I'm sure his list will be very impressive.....
Bet you it will be full of alternative facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Yup building the economy is what Trump is doing for the states. Making good on a few campaign promises already. What has Trudeau done? Trump is going to take advantage of the drama teacher for the betterment of his country. Oh well..:
Building the economy? Campaign promises?
Pretty sure JT and Missus Alberta, each delivered on more promises than Trump will over his whole term (doubt he will serve more than one). I am not a fan of either of the three I mentioned, by the way.

Quote:
Trump doesn't need money or fame
Again,
Thanks for the laughs!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:41 PM

It seems to me that the demographic which voted for him will be mildly penalized when they buy a home, do renovations, etc. The people gaining from this will be much fewer in number and have a lot to gain. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong about that.
I sure hope the rumours of a tariff off on oil are just that... Rumours.
From a longer term national security point of view, I think that would be extremely shortsighted for the US. Worse than Obama blocking keystone. It would force us to build pipelines east and west in a fast(ish) manner, potentially limiting the States of a critical and necessary resource in future rainy days.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Thats one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.
I feel the same about the music you post that no one listens to. At least I contribute something other than a link to some broken old record.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
He's doing what he is supposed to. Worry about the states first and foremost not like this idiot we have who is obviously padding his resume for a job with the UN. Trump doesn't need money or fame he cares about his friggen country what an amazing platform hey??
He cares first and foremost about his ego. Just like JT. They have way more in common than you think.

A foreign leader has committed an act that is bad for our country. It will negatively affect thousands of people here including people from our own province. Yet we have a large number of posters praising him for what he ihas done. We didn't see this reaction during BSE or the Keystone denial. Why ?

Why the treasonous statements now and not before?

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Banned

My question is to the posters who say Trump is looking after his countries best interests is, how do you really know that? He hasn't really accomplished anything yet and there are no long term results of his decisions that will back it up. Not to say it won't be true but results take time.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...424-story.html
Old 04-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
He cares first and foremost about his ego. Just like JT. They have way more in common than you think.

A foreign leader has committed an act that is bad for our country. It will negatively affect thousands of people here including people from our own province. Yet we have a large number of posters praising him for what he ihas done. We didn't see this reaction during BSE or the Keystone denial. Why ?

What could we do back to the US to show that there are repercussions to his decisions?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Not sure why this became a stick measuring competition between Trump and JT since, clearly, the person of discussion is the POTUS and his actions. Though I agree, it would be weird to see and we would probably see some heavy snow coming our way if there was a thread on here without "lefties" being mentioned.

First of all, I will fix what bobtodrick said:

Bet you it will be full of alternative facts

Building the economy? Campaign promises?
Pretty sure JT and Missus Alberta, each delivered on more promises than Trump will over his whole term (doubt he will serve more than one). I am not a fan of either of the three I mentioned, by the way.

Again,
Thanks for the laughs!
Both Trudeau and Notley have made changes, the problem is that none of the changes are for the benefit of Canadians. In fact these changes negatively effect Canadians, so if Trump did nothing, he would still have done more for his people than either Trudeau or Notley.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:

He's taking care of his country. What does our governments do? Taxes the air here and scares off investors. Maybe the drama teacher can stop being a worldly do gooder and start taking care of his own backyard rather than hoping our country gets spoonfed by the USA for its prosperity.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Both Trudeau and Notley have made changes, the problem is that none of the changes are for the benefit of Canadians. In fact these changes negatively effect Canadians, so if Trump did nothing, he would still have done more for his people than either Trudeau or Notley.
Exactly!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 AM

He's taking care of his country. What do our governments do? They tax the air here and scare off investors, bring in boatloads of Immigrants which tax our already fledgling healthcare and education systems. Maybe the drama teacher can stop being a worldly do gooder and start taking care of his own backyard rather than hoping our country gets spoonfed by the USA for its prosperity. The world is a big place.

Last edited by 1899b; 04-26-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Banned

Default It is so simple !

Quit going there . Quit buying American .

Also quit being so interested in what Side Show Donald is up to .

Highly unlikely though, Canadians are the worst at having a mandate ,

being focused . But the best at being selfish . We are doomed .
Old 04-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellknik View Post
Quit buying American .
We will run out of guns and ammo, then likely starve. But we will all be high on pot so may not actually notice.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:14 AM
Banned

Its close to the point now, If you cant beat them, join them.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Banned

Quote:

That's funny man! The only thing Trump has in common with JT is that they are both males of the human species, that is of course if JT is actually a man. I would have to see his DNA test to believe that he actually is.

Guess you would have preferred Hillary Clinton, right?

The only people that get screwed with milk pricing are Canadian consumers, ever seen how much subsidized milk gets dumped in sewers in Canada in order to maintain the over inflated price of it?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
He's taking care of his country. What does our governments do? Taxes the air here and scares off investors. Maybe the drama teacher can stop being a worldly do gooder and start taking care of his own backyard rather than hoping our country gets spoonfed by the USA for its prosperity.
Just because Trudeau's a rotten leader doesn't make Trump a good one. The Trump fanboys' main argument about Trump being "good" is "at least he's better than JT". Some people prefer the smell of horse crap to dog crap but the problem is you're still dealing with s h i t.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-26-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post

That's funny man! The only thing Trump has in common with JT is that they are both males of the human species, that is of course if JT is actually a man. I would have to see his DNA test to believe that he actually is.

The only people that get screwed with milk pricing are Canadian consumers, ever seen how much subsidized milk gets dumped in sewers in Canada in order to maintain the over inflated price of it?
They are both egotistical blowhards who care more about their image than the jobs they were elected to do.

I would have preferred the Dems and the GOP to have burned both their candidates at the stake rather than let them actually run. Hillary is evil. Trump is stupid and amoral. No real choice between them.

We're talking Trump and lumber.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-26-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
What could we do back to the US to show that there are repercussions to his decisions?
Same thing Mexico did on tuna. Take them to the WTO and fight it out in court.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:

Might have to change his name to "Jagger".
Old 04-26-2017, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
They are both egotistical blowhards who care more about their image than the jobs they were elected to do.

I would have preferred the Dems and the GOP to have burned both their candidates at the stake rather than let them actually run. Hillary is evil. Trump is stupid and amoral. No real choice between them.

Trump is also going to change the Milk imports rules into the USA from Canada, which is why I brought it up.

Trump is neither stupid or amoral, you are definitely referring to JT though. JT is a stupid as his father was and if it weren't for the immigrant vote, he would not have gotten voted in!

Justin Trudeau's comment on Fidel Castro:

“It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

“Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

“While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

“I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

Trudeau does not speak for this Canadian, Trudeau is a commie, pinko B*****d and he is not my leader!

Last edited by 338 Rules; 04-26-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Trump is also going to change the Milk imports rules into the USA from Canada, which is why I brought it up.

Trump is neither stupid or amoral, you are definitely referring to JT though. JT is a stupid as his father was and if it weren't for the immigrant vote, he would not have gotten voted in!

Justin Trudeau's comment on Fidel Castro:

“It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

“Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

“While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

“I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

Trudeau does not speak for this Canadian, Trudeau is a commie, pinko B*****d and he is not my leader!

So what? Trudeau's a turd. I've never defended him in any way shape or form? How does that not make Donald a turd. They aren't connected you know. Both can be turds. You all get that right?

You do get that?

Right?

Marshall McLuhan
Old 04-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Banned

Trump vs. Trudeau lol

TRUMP

TRUDEAU

Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

Yeah....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Down_We_go.jpg (47.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Might have to change his name to "Jagger".
Or Castro.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:

Well I for one am happy that you may get to prosper if and when you save $2 per week on milk. Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Cut off the hydro electric to the eastern seaboard. Let New York freeze in the dark for a week.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellpastcold View Post
Well I for one am happy that you may get to prosper if and when you save $2 per week on milk. Stupid is as stupid does.
Wanna talk stupid? Drinking milk as an adult. Lol
Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:

I do not think they are similar. Trump is for his ego for sure. But the difference is Trump will boost his ego by doing what he said; make America great by looking after the American people, not other countries. Trump will get an ego rub when he successfully brings jobs back to the USA

Trudeau on the other hand will rub his ego when other people besides Canadians say he is such a great fun loving guy, to get those comments he will sell out Canadians. He does this at the expense of Canadians. Trump rubs his ego with the benefit going to the American people, Trudeau at the expensive of the Canadian people. Huge difference.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellpastcold View Post
I don't drink milk, was off the teat many years ago. I only drink water and beer!

Thanks to Rachel the price of Beer/Booze has gone up. Can't wait until the next election, our politicians in Canada are brain dead.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:18 AM

Default A guide to understanding the dairy dispute between the U.S. and Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle34802291/
"High tariffs, ultrafiltered milk and supply management play key roles in the dispute

OTTAWA
The Globe and Mail (includes correction)
Last updated: Tuesday, Apr. 25, 2017 9:54AM EDT

Why are U.S. dairy farmers mad at Canada?

Canada has long maintained a high tariff wall on most dairy products. The duty on milk is 270 per cent. That keeps most imports from the United States and elsewhere out of Canada, while helping to prop up higher domestic prices. One notable exception is ultrafiltered milk and other protein-rich dairy ingredients used to make dairy products such as cheese and yogurt. North American free-trade rules do not cover these ingredients, so they enter Canada duty-free. And in recent years, U.S. dairies have developed a booming business selling these low-cost products to dairies in Canada ($133-million last year). That all changed about a year ago, when Canadian dairy farmers and producers moved to close the breach in the tariff wall with a new “ingredients strategy.” They persuaded regulators to create a new lower-priced class of industrial milk as an incentive to get dairies to produce protein substances in Canada, using Canadian milk. The result was predictable: U.S. imports fell in 2016, and are declining sharply so far this year.

What is ultrafiltered milk?

Milk is made up of three main components – milk fat, protein-rich solids and water. New technology has made it easier to separate milk into its component parts and concentrate them by reducing water content. This makes protein substances easier and cheaper to ship compared with raw milk. It also increases the efficiency of cheese production, particularly if the ingredients include cheaper U.S. milk.

Read more: The milk war: How a letter in Wisconsin set off a trade dispute between the U.S. and Canada

What is supply management?

Supply management is the uniquely Canadian regime that governs virtually every aspect of milk, chicken and egg production. The system depends on three “pillars” – a tariff wall to block imports, strict quotas that determine how much each farmer can produce and fixed prices paid to producers. The system was created in the 1970s to help stabilize farmers’ incomes. But as the food industry has gone global, supply management has faced mounting internal and external pressure, including persistent trade complaints from the United States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. The World Trade Organization has ruled that the high prices paid to Canadian farmers are subsidies, making exports very difficult. For Canadian consumers, supply management also means consistently higher retail prices for dairy, chicken and eggs.

Will the United States push for an end to supply management in renegotiating NAFTA?

Not likely. When U.S. President Donald Trump rails about the “very unfair things” Canada is doing to U.S. dairy farmers, he is mostly talking about issues such as ultrafiltered milk. The Trump administration set out its priorities for renegotiating the North American free-trade agreement (NAFTA) in a recent letter to members of Congress. In it, the administration said it would seek to reduce various non-tariff barriers to agricultural trade, including rules limiting imports and “unjustified trade restrictions” on new technologies. That is an apparent reference to Canada’s ingredients-pricing scheme. But the letter also pledges to “eliminate all export subsidies on agricultural products,” which could be interpreted as a challenge to the pricing regime that underpins Canada’s dairy industry. That has prompted speculation that Canada could trade away supply management for free trade in softwood lumber.

Why did Donald Trump choose Wisconsin to deliver his dairy tirade against Canada?

Wisconsin is a major dairy-producing state. It is also a state Mr. Trump won narrowly in the November election. And it is home to Republican House speaker Paul Ryan, a key ally for the President’s legislative agenda in Washington. The tough talk on dairy is also a sop to key Congressional Democrats such as Senate leader Charles Schumer of New York, who has led the charge against Canadian dairy policies. Mr. Trump will likely need the support of Mr. Schumer and other key Democrats to renegotiate NAFTA, but also on tax reform and health care.

Why is supply management so entrenched in Canada?

The dairy industry’s political clout should be waning. Just 13 federal ridings have more than 300 dairy farms – eight in Quebec and five in Ontario. When the supply-management system was created, Canada had nearly 140,000 dairy farms. Today, it has fewer than 12,000, and every year, a few hundred disappear as farmers leave the business and sell their quota. And yet, all three major political parties (and virtually every MP) have vowed to support the system. The industry is heavily concentrated in Quebec and Ontario, which together produce about 70 per cent of the country’s milk. Quebec alone is home to nearly half of Canada’s dairy farms – 5,894 – and pockets nearly 40 per cent of dairy revenues.

How is the growing global milk glut exacerbating Canada-U.S. trade friction?

Canadian ambassador to Washington David MacNaughton has insisted that a global oversupply of milk, not Canada, is to blame for the problems of U.S. dairy farmers. And yet, Canadian dairy farmers have been struggling to contain a deepening crisis that is threatening the long-term survival of the carefully calibrated supply-management regime. That balance has been upended by the surge of milk-protein imports, a glut of skim milk and underinvestment in dairy processing. Canada is producing too much milk, but not enough butter, and that is putting downward pressure on overall farm incomes. U.S. farmers, meanwhile, are suffering from overproduction and falling global milk prices. The United States enjoys a large dairy trade surplus with Canada.

Editor's Note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly said the supply-management system was created in the late 1960s. In fact, it was created in the 1970s.
"

Read there is a US $400MM surplus. They are not hurting. Over supply is.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin