Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-25-2017, 03:59 PM

Default Iosegun lake draw choice

Haven't fished Iosgeun lake in probably 10 years, back then it was mostly
All under 43cm fish. Any recommendations on whether to put in for "B" class or "C" class for a trip this summer? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrobert View Post
Haven't fished Iosgeun lake in probably 10 years, back then it was mostly
All under 43cm fish. Any recommendations on whether to put in for "B" class or "C" class for a trip this summer? Thanks!
Put B as first choice and C a second choice. You will likely just only get Cs anyways. Don't know that anybody picks C tags as a first choice.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
Put B as first choice and C a second choice. You will likely just only get Cs anyways. Don't know that anybody picks C tags as a first choice.

So have you fished it lately? It used to be a task to catch them over 43cm? LOTS of healthy under 43cm walleye was how I remember it....
Old 04-26-2017, 06:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrobert View Post
So have you fished it lately? It used to be a task to catch them over 43cm? LOTS of healthy under 43cm walleye was how I remember it....
Yes
Old 04-26-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
The draw is in order. A- B -C class. The choice is for the lakes. If you put in for B at a lake and only want to fish in that lake, do not put in a 2nd choice. Then you put in for c. If not drawn for B, then your priority moves up for the next year. Then they draw for C class. You can put in for a draw in any order but they still draw ABC. Hope this makes sense.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
The draw is in order. A- B -C class. The choice is for the lakes. If you put in for B at a lake and only want to fish in that lake, do not put in a 2nd choice. Then you put in for c. If not drawn for B, then your priority moves up for the next year. Then they draw for C class. You can put in for a draw in any order but they still draw ABC. Hope this makes sense.
To expand on this. You can't use sizes for order preference, only lakes.

When you enter the draw you pick a size to enter for, then you can pick up to three lakes in order of preference for that size. If you want to increase chances of getting tags you can also enter for other sizes but you cannot specify which size you would prefer, as Habfan mentions the draw is done in order A, B, C and if you get drawn for one set of tags you are not entered in the other draws.

Also as an fyi tomorrow is the last day to enter the draws. I can't be bothered, I will go to Slave or SK if I need a walleye fill. Maybe pick up some under subscribed if there are some decent ones this year, might be considering the extra lakes they added this year.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 AM

I pulled some undersubscribed C tags last year. Spent a long weekend there. Fishing was hot. Lots of small ones 1in 5 were over 43. No keeper pike anywhere on the lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2017, 10:20 AM

I fished there last year and got unsubscribed C tags, and had a hard time filling them in the morning as most walleyes we were catching were 18"+. later in the afternoon me and my buddy filled all our tags. Fishing was very hot and caught most our fish trolling gold coloured rattling lipless cranks bumping bottom.