Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2020, 09:50 PM
Kurt505's Avatar
Kurt505 Kurt505 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 12,789
Default Rod guide repair?

Does anyone know where I can get a guide repaired on my sons fishing rod in the Edmonton area? He somehow broke the ceramic out of it.

Thanks.
__________________
Iím not really a lawyer, I just play one on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2020, 10:08 PM
cranky cranky is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a guide repaired on my sons fishing rod in the Edmonton area? He somehow broke the ceramic out of it.

Thanks.
Talk to Trevor at the Reel Doctor he does them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2020, 10:24 PM
Kurt505's Avatar
Kurt505 Kurt505 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 12,789
Default

Thanks cranky, Iíll look him up.
__________________
Iím not really a lawyer, I just play one on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2020, 11:39 PM
does it ALL outdoors's Avatar
does it ALL outdoors does it ALL outdoors is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Talk to Trevor at the Reel Doctor he does them.
X2.

No matter what I break, Trev fixes it up like new again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2020, 08:24 AM
ghostguy6's Avatar
ghostguy6 ghostguy6 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 2,589
Default

Its actually really easy to do yourself. All you need is a fly bobbin, the right color thread and some clear adhesive to finish the wrap. The hard part can be finding the matching rod guide but many stores sell them. Its a valuable skill to have if you fish a lot.
__________________
" Everything in life that I enjoy is either illegal, immoral, fattening or causes cancer!"

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Kurt505's Avatar
Kurt505 Kurt505 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 12,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Its actually really easy to do yourself. All you need is a fly bobbin, the right color thread and some clear adhesive to finish the wrap. The hard part can be finding the matching rod guide but many stores sell them. Its a valuable skill to have if you fish a lot.
If it was an ugly stik Iíd give it a shot but itís a gloomis IMX so I donít mind spending a few bucks having it fixed up.
__________________
Iím not really a lawyer, I just play one on the internet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.