Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobes View Post
I got some of those online tags with my reg book last year which was great. Didn't get any this year though...
They aren`t mailing them out anymore...you have to order them on line , from F&W offices or at locations listed in the first post on this thread !!!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 PM

Great idea.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 PM

Thanks for info
Old 08-30-2014, 01:22 PM

Two day ago I purchased my hunting licences in Canadian Tire. Now I'm trying to reprint copies just in case, but not able to find this option on albertarelm. Last time I reprinted my fishing licence without any problem. I would very apreciate for any advice.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedhunter View Post
Two day ago I purchased my hunting licences in Canadian Tire. Now I'm trying to reprint copies just in case, but not able to find this option on albertarelm. Last time I reprinted my fishing licence without any problem. I would very apreciate for any advice.
Just called them. If you buy a licence not online, you can't reprint it, you will have to come to the issuer to reprint it. Stupid thing!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 PM

Default Laminating paper licenses

Does anyone know if you are allowed to laminate the paper licenses? ( Not the tag, the license ) Since it is just a piece of regular paper, I am a little concerned about possible damage due to snow or rain when pulling it out of my pack to confirm which tag coincides with the corresponding license. Having it laminated would be an essay solution. I was told the old computer printed licenses could not be laminated because the paper would not hold up to the heat when laminated and would melt. This would not be the case with just regular paper so I can't see it being a problem. Any know for sure?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Banned

after reading all the horror stories about the new tag system im going right to F&W when i get into the city from work on Tuesday, getting my November hunting licenses early
Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Banned

i have a question so on the print out of the tags it says for example Resident White-tailed deer license & then when you go to print on the tag it says Species. Do i have to print "Resident White-tailed deer license" or do i just print
"White-tailed Deer"
Old 09-12-2014, 12:06 PM

So what's stopping people from using the same licence # on multiple tags?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:39 PM

Terrible system with lots of problems. I ordered my tags online this year to be delivered in the mail. I always buy them at vendors but this year I thought I would be smart and order them in the mail so I could just buy the tags with Alberta Relm online as I needed them.

So about 3.5 weeks ago I order some tags to be mailed out to me. It says to expect them in 3-5 business days.

1 week later they still hadn't arrived, so I called them. They said "Oh yeah, we can see your order. Not sure why they haven't been sent." So they said they would resend the tags.

Fast forward 2.5 weeks later to today and the tags have still not arrived. I called them tonight and they guy said "Yeah, I see you ordered the tags twice. For some reason they haven't been sent." I grumbled a bit on the phone and he said why don't I just go buy them at a vendor?

Yeah, good solution pal. I KNOW I can buy the tags at a vendor, but that's not the point. If they offer this service, they should be able to deliver on it.

Anyway, he said he will issue a 3rd order.

Rant almost over, but not quite!

Having lived in MB for 6 years, I can say that although there system was pretty outdated and archaic (all old school paper tags you have to buy at vendors), at least it was reliable and they didn't make promises they couldn't keep.

Come on Alberta, you can do better than that!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:40 PM

Alberta Whitetail, smart move! Don't order the tags in the mail, they won't come! Can't imagine I am the only sucker who had this happen to.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:20 AM

I ordered mine last week and they came in yesterday
Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falltimeprimetime View Post
So what's stopping people from using the same licence # on multiple tags?
Because that's not how it works....that's why

Once the tag number is entered in the system....it becomes an invalid number and you cannot purchase another tag with the same number....they are all individually serialized.

LC
Old 09-20-2014, 01:09 PM

Stopped at the store at Beach Corner yesterday to buy Antlerless Deer license and tags for 248 and after some arguing and frustration with the old lady with the horrible teeth she sold me Supplemental Antlerless White-tailed deer tags. She tells me these are the only tags available. Get to my buddies place and check over the tags and compare to his and confirmed that the WRONG tags she sold me are not valid in WMU 248. Question is am I stuck with these tags or can I go to the SRD office, explain the situation and exchange for the correct tags and license?
Old 09-28-2014, 07:21 PM

Did anybody else receive tags that are not valid? The numbered tags I received in the summer will not work, tried entering all of them. I have had to go into town for all my tags so far, had good luck with the online system over the past couple years.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Tag number needs to match the number on your licence. Each tag has a unique number that must be entered to purchase your licence. If the tag number on your licence doesn't match the tag on the deer, you go to jail. All the fish cop needs to do is check your licence and tag against each other. You need to carry both so he doesn't need to run anything. The system is pretty fool proof but I'm sure some fools will try. I think the system is awesome. It's basically the same as before but now you can buy your licence from home in the comfort of your underwear.

The whole system is bull , for starters l never use a credit card on line , second ,its much easier to just buy at a vender.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:10 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
Seems to me that since I am at wholesale sports or Canadian Tire several times pre-season, it would just be easier to buy them there. License, tags, wire, done. Plus like several people commented they never send enough tags for a guy that hunts a lot of species. If you have to go to F & W anyway why not just buy the tags there. Seems like a few people might be able to use the new system but Im stickin to buying them the old fashion way!
YUP, old school is still the best
Old 10-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Default it's a good thing

be responsible
Old 10-14-2014, 02:48 PM

Order everything online, including tags. Tell them how many you want, that is the number they will send, including the hangar wires, usually in a week or two. Because you bought your licenses online, you can reprint them onlline, any time you want, as many times as you want, no charge.

If buying things online scares you, then continue to troop down to Canadian Tire. But don't complain about a system you are too scared to use.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCutthroat View Post
Did anybody else receive tags that are not valid? The numbered tags I received in the summer will not work, tried entering all of them. I have had to go into town for all my tags so far, had good luck with the online system over the past couple years.

You must enter all of the preceeding zeros.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Banned

Just got new tags (green), entering all zeroes etc and still getting 'invalid tag message'...
Old 05-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Banned

Apparently I was sent a set of 'not validated' tags. Beware.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:05 PM

If unsuccessful 2014 with a certain species like black bear,,, can I use the same green tag and tag number to pay for another black bear tag for 2015? Or do I have to waste and throw out the old tag?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
If unsuccessful 2014 with a certain species like black bear,,, can I use the same green tag and tag number to pay for another black bear tag for 2015? Or do I have to waste and throw out the old tag?
Once entered...the tag is considered consumed, when the expiry of the tag is up....it's done.

LC
Old 06-16-2015, 11:24 PM

That's too bad it's a bit of a small waste.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 PM

Default Tags mailed

I just got my tags mailed out to me. I'm overseas at the moment so this is a bonus. It was Heather at activenetwork.com that sent them to me. heather.klassen@activenetwork.com
It's nice because they will be sitting in my mailbox when I get home.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:56 PM

All for the online tags, some of those guys in the stores don't know what they're doing when they're trying to get you a tag
Old 11-11-2015, 09:44 PM

I got drawn for the cow elk hunt in January 13th-16th. I was thinking that the license meant only 1 tag, now I am hearing that it is for 2 tags. I picked up my deer tag at Canadian Tire and they only gave me 1 tag. Which is correct, 1 or 2 tags for cow elk??
Old 11-14-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXUSJAKE View Post
I got drawn for the cow elk hunt in January 13th-16th. I was thinking that the license meant only 1 tag, now I am hearing that it is for 2 tags. I picked up my deer tag at Canadian Tire and they only gave me 1 tag. Which is correct, 1 or 2 tags for cow elk??
Should be two tags, I called F&W in medicine Hat and they confirmed two tags for Cow Elk On Suffield.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:13 AM

is it a digitally signed doc