Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2017, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
This.

I think its important for our leaders to be well rounded people. Don't forget that Bill and his wife have raised 4 kids. Running a household of that size is not easy. A man with a family has a better chance of understanding ordinary people as opposed to a man who lived in his parents basement until a few years ago and who spent his whole life in school.

Bill will be getting my vote.
None of this has anything to do with him being a good mayor at all!!! Sure it may create a presidence for a person to research him, What are his stands on important city issues, who cares if he has 4 kids or was a firefighter or even a lawyer. Learn about his business skill and where he stands on political issues that govern our city. Take democracy seriously please, running a city is different than a house with 4 kids. He very well may be the best candidate but certainly not for any of the reasons listed.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
None of this has anything to do with him being a good mayor at all!!! Sure it may create a presidence for a person to research him, What are his stands on important city issues, who cares if he has 4 kids or was a firefighter or even a lawyer. Learn about his business skill and where he stands on political issues that govern our city. Take democracy seriously please, running a city is different than a house with 4 kids. He very well may be the best candidate but certainly not for any of the reasons listed.
I guess with the rationale he had kids, that would make Jim Duggar the next qualified candidate to be President of the States. He has 19 kids.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post
Did Nenshi cause your bill payments to go up?

What happened?
Absolutely, every time he opens his mouth he is trying to spend. His talk of the lowest tax rate is abolute Bull. In our tax rate they dont include water, waste water(sewer)or sanitation all seperate. Lump it all in we end up middle of the pack. I bought a condo for rental purposes, our tax rate on 400 sqft was 47 dollars a month, then Nenshi speaks up and says alot of companys have vacated downtown so taxes must go up to cover shortfall taxes up to 120.00 a month. Now he is trying to make the new arena a political issue. He is not involved with the negotiations. He needs to step back. In case you dont get it I dislike Nenshi an awful lot.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 09-19-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
So you think Nenshi has been a good mayor then and understands people from all walks of life?
Old 09-19-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
So you think Nenshi has been a good mayor then and understands people from all walks of life?
Pretty sure nothing he said indicates that or otherwise.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:52 AM

Notley government tax break to city of 24 milion this year, and what does council do its an election year so.

"What happened instead? City council decided to give you the province's tax break this year and take it away next year." and

"But, in 2018, after the election, you will not get the tax break from the province.
And there's no rebate on your taxes.
The result? In 2018, after this fall's election, you will start off with a 3% tax hike even before council increases your taxes for 2018.
Subject to a green light from city council, your tax increase for 2018 is pegged at 4.7%.
"

They also did this in 2014 with the 52 million tax break, election year so they give it back to tax payers, OH but only for 1 year then back to bending all tax payers over again.
They also gave Edmonton the same Rebate but their council puts it all towards the taxes for every year they get it.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 09-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Notley government tax break to city of 24 milion this year, and what does council do its an election year so.

"What happened instead? City council decided to give you the province's tax break this year and take it away next year." and

"But, in 2018, after the election, you will not get the tax break from the province.
And there's no rebate on your taxes.
The result? In 2018, after this fall's election, you will start off with a 3% tax hike even before council increases your taxes for 2018.
Subject to a green light from city council, your tax increase for 2018 is pegged at 4.7%.
"

They also did this in 2014 with the 52 million tax break, election year so they give it back to tax payers, OH but only for 1 year then back to bending all tax payers over again.
They also gave Edmonton the same Rebate but their council puts it all towards the taxes for every year they get it.

MAC
Don't forget the green, blue and black cart monthly charges over and above the property tax.

Interesting coincidence that the only two years the Calgary council has elected to apply the provincial tax rebate to tax reduction have been election years isn't it?

Property tax increases at 2,3 and 4 times the inflation rate. Ask people on a fixed income what they think of that.

And for those who question a candidates credentials, what exactly were Nancy Spendshi's credentials when he first ran for mayor? Outside of liking the color purple and living in his parents basement, I can't think of any.
Oh, I forgot one, he was also a good bullsheeter as he ran as a fiscal conservative.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I guess with the rationale he had kids, that would make Jim Duggar the next qualified candidate to be President of the States. He has 19 kids.
Lol,,,,over qualified even
Old 09-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
I never said that at all, you did. All i said was to evaluate a candidate for Mayor based on his ability to be a Mayor and not a father or a dad. Pretty simple really, if you want the right to vote then do it through an informed mind set or you might as well vote based on shirt color or race.