Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2016, 07:23 PM

Post Wtf!!?

I feel horrible for the guy and his family...but you have to respect firearms!! C'mon!!

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...fies-1.3474672
Old 03-03-2016, 07:31 PM

Selfies kill. I don't know what it is about the selfieing, facebook generation, but they seem to treat real life as some sort of afterthought. Posing for multiple pictures like a gun is nothing more than a prop seems to indicate that guns to him were some sort of novelty. Was it even his, or did he just buy it?

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 03-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpl View Post
I feel horrible for the guy and his family...but you have to respect firearms!! C'mon!!

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...fies-1.3474672
Oh wow what a total surprise....a stupid gun death in America that is reported on in Canada by the CBC.Does this stupidity have anything to do with gun owners in Canada?...NOPE.Does the CBC really have any journalistic integrity in reporting on this?....NOPE again.

Will this sensationalistic yellow journalism further work to restrict firearms in Canada via the Leftist CBC agenda?....YES.

Yes it is tragic but it is STUPID....you dont handle any gun carelessly and you most definately dont point a pistol at your head for "selfies".

Personally as a responsible gun owner in Canada I am totally insulted by the CBC using this news story from the USA which has but one purpose and that is to inflame the gun ownership laws in Canada.

I truly wish Harper had just liquidated the CBC and gotten rid of those pigs at the trough.

FTH
Old 03-03-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Selfies kill. I don't know what it is about the selfieing, facebook generation, but they seem to treat real life as some sort of afterthought. Posing for multiple pictures like a gun is nothing more than a prop seems to indicate that guns to him were some sort of novelty. Was it even his, or did he just buy it?
I'm not really even sure who the selfie generation would be at this point, because it seems to be spanning almost every generation currently alive that owns a smartphone. Obviously more prevalent in the teens to 30-ish group but it is getting around like a plague and nobody is immune. Not something I partake in and some of it is harmless, but I do have to wonder about some of the selfies people take with guns, money or flashing gang type signs.

Darwin will take anyone he can, death by selfie is becoming more common all the time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ies_and_deaths
Old 03-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Banned

At least it's not the typical fear mongering over firearms that the CBC usually spews.

And youtube is full of Darwin award candidates.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
Oh wow what a total surprise....a stupid gun death in America that is reported on in Canada by the CBC.Does this stupidity have anything to do with gun owners in Canada?...NOPE.Does the CBC really have any journalistic integrity in reporting on this?....NOPE again.

Will this sensationalistic yellow journalism further work to restrict firearms in Canada via the Leftist CBC agenda?....YES.

Yes it is tragic but it is STUPID....you dont handle any gun carelessly and you most definately dont point a pistol at your head for "selfies".

Personally as a responsible gun owner in Canada I am totally insulted by the CBC using this news story from the USA which has but one purpose and that is to inflame the gun ownership laws in Canada.

I truly wish Harper had just liquidated the CBC and gotten rid of those pigs at the trough.

FTH

No no. Tell us how you really feel!!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpl View Post
No no. Tell us how you really feel!!
Why do so?...the CBC wont report it as they cant tell me how I SHOULD think.

FTH
Old 03-03-2016, 09:07 PM

****ing seabeesea pushing the guns are bad agenda.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:53 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself...Right On

Quote:

FTH
And I watch the metal rusting, and I watch the time go by."
Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Why do so?...the CBC wont report it as they cant tell me how I SHOULD think.

FTH
Well you are a news maker. I could see why they'd break down your door for an interview.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:41 AM

Darwin wins again.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Wonder if she'll get the gun back in time for the memorial.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:57 AM

A man was killed by his own gun after taking a selfie with it after buying it as a show of glee for it, is this what you do?
He was jacking with a gun while it was loaded. He wasn't responsible, and he got what he deserved. Every time I pick up a gun, I check it at least twice to make sure there is nothing in the firearm that could harm me or someone else, I never point it toward myself or anyone else, and I sure as **** don't pose with it like a child with a toy. I was raised around firearms and taught to respect them as a very dangerous tool, just like a chainsaw. I don't **** around with a chainsaw, and I don't **** around with guns.