Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 06:34 AM

Default A fellow Hunter is lost

Not sure if this belongs here but this am I was reading a post on FB from the mother of a young fellow that has went missing. His name is Ryan Shtuka, from the Beaumont area. He was working at Sun Peaks ski resort in BC for the winter, was with friends at a party and after leaving the party has not been seen or heard from since. It's been about a month now. It really hit home when I saw the pics of Ryan with his moose that him and his dad had taken on a recent hunting trip. Ryan's mom said that nov was the month of solitude as her son and husband enjoyed the outdoors together. Just google Ryan's name and there should be a link to find out more info, there is a go fund me acct set up for the family and such. They are also looking for volunteers in the search so if you're in the area or want to go on out there and help you can also find the FB group that has been set up and get more info there.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:10 AM

Yeah, this really hits home. I don't know the family personally but Beaumont isn't very big and a lot of our close friends know this family really well. I'm hoping for them to get some good news soon, I know the chances are slim but I'm still hoping.

One of the positives us this tragedy is seeing how this community is rallying around this family. There is also wide spread support throughout Canada and beyond.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 03-18-2018, 06:06 AM

I hope they find him. I worked at sun peaks for many years with ski patrol. The area is very thick with many frozen lakes. So many things could happen on a drunk walk home after a party around there