Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Banned

Default Do people just not care when they get older?

I can remember a few times in recent yrs where I noticed elder people just not caring about how they may appear/act in public. Recently I was in a line up at a store when elderly man was farting over n over,absolutely forcing them out with full force.Another time I seen a guy gob in a water fountain.Another blow snot rockets right in front of a car and people.Blowing their nose in restaurants. Why haven't I noticed this before?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 PM

No I think it's simply the same old rude people they've always been just older and more noticeable. Only perhaps now that they're graced by age they might believe they're afforded more casualness.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:09 PM

I seen this young guy once with his pants halfway down his ass, I seen another with rings on his nose with boogers on them, I seen another with tattoos of naked people on his neck, oh my the horror!!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:12 PM

Default Class

You either got or you don't....
Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 PM

It's about understanding that you can't change the world. I'm disgusted by those who let a dog lick them
People who smoke by doors chew tobacco, have a beard, disgusting.
we are gross animals in one way or another

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 02-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Banned

I went to use the washroom at Sobey's today when a 20 something thing came sauntering out. I went in and seriously almost puked from the smell this thing left behind. You know the smell when a bitch has puppies? I think this dude had a rather large litter. His Mommy should have taught him to crap at home. It's just not old people who can be rude and disgusting. Ya maybe he was sick, who cares, didn't need that before I shopped for dinner!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:25 PM

People think that the older they get - the more invisible they become.

Love the Walmartian Web Sites.

http://1061stevefm.iheart.com/photos...0/#/1/23578411
Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Banned

There are gangs of these elder people you speak of at the shopping mall by my house. They mostly loiter in the food court.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
People think that the older they get - the more invisible they become.

Love the Walmartian Web Sites.

http://1061stevefm.iheart.com/photos...0/#/1/23578411
One of the first rules of geriatrics .. Never Trust a Fart !
Old 02-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post
There are gangs of these elder people you speak of at the shopping mall by my house. They mostly loiter in the food court.

Northgate Mall in Edmonton?

Come to think of it I am not really sure it is considered a mall anymore, maybe more of a help centre of sorts.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Yes I saw a documentary on Monty Python once about these gangs...It was titled Hells Grannies...
Old 02-26-2016, 09:59 PM

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Banned

The story below is very similar to the situation at mall be my house, but they are mostly Ukrainian seniors, not Korean as referenced in the story;

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcomm...mcdonalds.html

Your Community
Gang of loitering seniors poses problems for McDonald's
by Lauren O'Neil Posted: January 17, 2014 3:12 PM Last Updated: January 17, 2014 2:49 PM

Categories: Community
A New York McDonald's is the site of an ongoing battle between management, senior citizens who loiter, police and community activists. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)How long is too long to hang out in a fast food restaurant after finishing your meal?

This is the subject of an ongoing debate at a New York McDonald's, where a group of elderly Korean gentlemen are said to loiter from morning until night - sometimes after buying little more than one order of french fries.

The New York Times reports that the men - a revolving group of senior citizens, some with canes and wheelchairs - started taking up roost at the McDonald's location in Queens approximately five years ago.

They congregate on benches inside the restaurant around 5 a.m. and stay there well into the evening, splitting a small bag of french fries between them while socializing and reading newspapers.

Management recently posted a sign indicating that customers have 20 minutes to finish their food, but this hasn't deterred the group, nor have the police, who've been called to the restaurant four times since November.

Elderly patrons tell the Times that officers now stop in as frequently as three times per day to ask them to clear out, but that they simply walk around the block and come back in again.

"It's a McDonald's, not a senior centre," said the restaurant's frustrated general manager Martha Anderson. She explains that the seniors are impacting business by driving potential customers away and taking up so many tables that other diners sometimes ask for refunds after finding no place to sit.

Korean community leaders, however, say the seniors are being unfairly targeted, and are calling for a worldwide boycott of the restaurant for the month of February.

"We want to send out a message to New York City and citizens that we're to respect the elders, and we cannot mistreat our senior citizens," said a protester interviewed by CNBC outside of the restaurant. "They work to hard their whole lives for their country and their family."

McDonald's released a statement in response to the situation Thursday.

"While it is flattering that they would like to spend their days in the restaurant, the extended stays - regularly eight hours or more every day - have prevented other customers from enjoying the restaurant," said McDonald's franchisee Jack Bert. "I'm sure you can imagine any business would find this situation to be difficult, although I remain optimistic we will be able to work this out."

What are your thoughts on loitering in fast food restaurants? How long is an appropriate amount of time to stay?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
What are your thoughts on loitering in fast food restaurants? How long is an appropriate amount of time to stay?
Hell, anybody who can sit in one of those McDonald seats for more than 25 minutes deserves a medal (probably a purple heart) as far as I'm concerned. They are designed to be uncomfortable. Then again, it's not a community center, it's a business. Respect the 20 min request from management.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-26-2016, 10:08 PM

Default Aged

Most, old folks in the recent past(1000yrs.) were left to find the light, and that was that . Now we complain they hang around, there is no honor for the aged...
Old 02-26-2016, 10:32 PM

How about the middle age men that think it's cool to swear in a booth next to you with your young children?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357xp View Post
How about the middle age men that think it's cool to swear in a booth next to you with your young children?
Decorum and class is a non renewable resource, less and less of it around
Old 02-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Default Old

We're all going to be old one day😫
Old 02-26-2016, 11:38 PM

I know that I am changing as I get older. I used to try to look cool. Now I just try to look respectable.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
One of the first rules of geriatrics .. Never Trust a Fart !
I've sharted my self before and was kind enough to share it with others but at least I had coveralls on
Old 02-27-2016, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357xp View Post
I do not put up with this behaviour at all. I confront them, if they get arrogant, the manager gets involved. If it escalates, the police get involved.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:27 AM

I live in a community that has been considered a retirement community for as long as I can remember. I don't think being rude or careless is the norm, but for whatever reason it stands out a bit more.

I was recently in line at the grocery store, and about 20 seconds after the clerk called for a second till a senior lady started berating her for not opening a second till. The clerk said, "oh joy, she's always such a pleasure, this is going to carry on until she leaves the store". And the verbal assault carried on, anything and everything including the fact that she's been overcharged for cabbage since clerk abcdefg retired. It was certainly an interesting experience for what is typically a pretty mundane trip to the store.

After I graduated high-school I spent four years working at an automotive dealership. One afternoon a pile of poo showed up in the middle of the showroom floor. The salesmen were baffled as nobody noticed any customers with dogs along that day. After the junior salesman had the mess cleaned up, the owner decided to review the security footage just to satisfy curiosity. He found a senior standing around in the showroom doing a but of an unusual shuffle. When nobody else was around he started shaking the turds out of his pant leg and onto the floor. He was 20 feet away from two bathrooms. He went along on a test drive with his friend shortly after that. Ironically, I was told this individual's nickname was Scooby. How fitting.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:00 AM

At the grocery store standing in line with a pack of gum and the person ahead of you with the grocery cart overflowing doesn't let you ahead of them. Seeing less common courtesy these days.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK View Post
I can remember a few times in recent yrs where I noticed elder people just not caring about how they may appear/act in public. Recently I was in a line up at a store when elderly man was farting over n over,absolutely forcing them out with full force.Another time I seen a guy gob in a water fountain.Another blow snot rockets right in front of a car and people.Blowing their nose in restaurants. Why haven't I noticed this before?
Because they are all Wal-Mart shoppers and they are the ones who voted for the NDP.
They could be Liberal spies!
Old 02-27-2016, 07:50 AM

Default Indignities of old age

My great grand mother had a sign up in her apartment "old age is not for sissies" she was right.

When we age, there are often small strokes going on in our brains that we don't notice at the time. Some of the outward signs are what has been reported here.

It is not easy and its a road that we are all on.

What I earnestly pray for, is to age with dignity.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:05 AM

When you get older and go for your medical and tests and the doctors office calls they want to see you again you know it is all bad news. Maybe it is better not to know that you only have a few years left on the lease.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:18 AM

The town near us, it's the A&W that is the senior hangout with Timmies being second. I noticed that the Bower Mall in Red Deer has checker/chess boards painted on some of the table tops in the food court.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:18 AM
Banned

20 odd years ago, I worked as a cook in a greek restaurant in downtown Toronto, we had the same 4 old timers come in every day for a few beers, watch some sports and have a few laughs. That's all they had, all 4 men had no families and each other for friends.

My boss told me to grab a beer and take an hour out to talk to one of the old fellows that ended up alone that day, I think it was to teach me a lesson - and it did. This man was polish, a survivor of the nazi death camps, kept the tattoo on his arm to remind him that he lost all of his family during the war - he was the only one to survive.

You never know who you're dealing with.

Be nice.

That old person is going to be you one day.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:40 AM

Awesomeness in the previous post, our general middle-aged slob nature is really going to be a sideshow in the near future.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:42 AM

The only stereotype which I think is accurate for old people is they like to complain. Other than that, they're not different from the rest of us.