Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2019, 10:12 AM

Default Rock Auto Discount

I buy a lot of stuff from Rock and I know a bunch of others on here do too. Thought you guys might have a use for this discount code.

Quote:
Code: 121195391111663813
Thank You for Being a RockAuto Customer for over
5 Years!
Using your discount code is easy! Enter your discount code in the 'How Did You Hear About Us?' box without any other numbers or characters for an additional 5% savings. Discounts cannot be applied once an order is marked as shipped.

Your code expires on December 8, 2019, so do not wait!
SHOP NOW
Share Your Code!
There is no limit on order size or number of orders - use your code on your next order, and share it with your friends and family!
Meant to post in General Section. Have asked the mods to move. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:31 AM

You can google “rock auto discount code” and find a 5% discount code at any time, fyi. I believe my first order with them was the only one I placed without this discount.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
You can google “rock auto discount code” and find a 5% discount code at any time, fyi. I believe my first order with them was the only one I placed without this discount.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Could have saved myself the GST on a whole wack of stuff I bought in the last year alone.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:19 PM

how do you find the quality in parts from rock auto? I have about 800 dollars in parts for our car I need and have been thinking of trying rock auto
Old 10-08-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
how do you find the quality in parts from rock auto? I have about 800 dollars in parts for our car I need and have been thinking of trying rock auto
You usually have some choice in brand and in many cases they have OE parts.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:21 PM

I just got referred to buy parts from this group. I got a headlight assembly for an 04 gmc for 65 bucks and that’s delivered and included bulbs. Great price.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 PM

I am with ARG. Bought lots of parts. I can even get OEM parts for my Lexus. The timing belt with all tensioners, water pump etc was 200 Canadian shipped versus ear 900 here for the same Aisin parts. Bought a non OEM toyota speed sensor for 26 versus 185 here. Works just fine.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:41 PM

I have bought parts and never found a problem with quality. Just ordered a remanufactured transfer case coming from Wisconsin. I suspect that the quality will be better than any that I can buy locally.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:55 PM

Interesting and thanks for this, have a few items I need for our vehicles.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:35 PM

I have used Rockauto a few times now and find them very reliable. It helps that I have a cabin in Montana to save on shipping...
Old 10-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Default Rock Auto

The parts can't be all that bad
2016 F150 dealership valve stem $58.00
Rock Auto valve stem $1.98
All Canadian dollars
Ripped off by the Stealership
Old 10-09-2019, 08:20 PM

Just ordered front and rear brakes/rotors for my dodge 3/4. Even with $350 for shipping it's cheaper than anywhere I priced out locally and higher quality. Used them lots, don't see myself going back to local parts anytime soon.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZED View Post
The parts can't be all that bad
2016 F150 dealership valve stem $58.00
Rock Auto valve stem $1.98
All Canadian dollars
Ripped off by the Stealership
Does not your F 150 have a tire sensor attached to the valve stem. That what ford quarter you for 58 bucks. If you just wanted a stem they are 2 buck at Canadian tire
Old 10-10-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NayNay View Post
Just ordered front and rear brakes/rotors for my dodge 3/4. Even with $350 for shipping it's cheaper than anywhere I priced out locally and higher quality. Used them lots, don't see myself going back to local parts anytime soon.
For heavy stuff with high shipping or items with large core charges like power steering pumps check out Partsking in Edmonton. Another AOer told me about them last year and I have bought quite a few things from them since. Many turn out to be cheaper than Rock due to high shipping costs for excess weight and length as well as I can pick up the parts same day. Doesn't work every time though, I still ordered all the tie rods for my Dodge from Rock. I ordered all Moog replacement parts and even with pretty hefty shipping they were still just under half the cheapest price I could find here in Canada, PartsKing included. I have been using the Fedex delivery option for heavier stuff, way cheaper than the Canada post option and with Rock you are guaranteed no EXTRA brokerage or duty. You pay Rock their price all in, parts are dropped off by Fedex two or three days later.

https://www.partsking.ca/
Old 10-11-2019, 09:08 AM

I bought my turbo parts at Buy Auto Parts, BAP . Saved about 1/2 price compared to what the dealer here wanted. Got them within a week from Texas, I believe is where they came from.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:43 AM

Just thought I'd show why I almost use Rock Auto exclusively. Needed to buy a gasket for an 8.8 IRS. Found this interesting, Cdn funds, same part No.:

Rock Auto: $1.54, in stock;

Amazon: $9.99, out of stock;

Parts Monkey: $10.69, out of stock; and,

E-Bay: $36.17+$13.35 shipping, in stock.

To be fair, there were cheaper ones on e-bay, that was the most expensive. There was one for $7.50 + $41.79 for shipping.

Just found the price discrepancy quite amusing and the fact that the place that was by far the cheapest also had them in stock.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
For heavy stuff with high shipping or items with large core charges like power steering pumps check out Partsking in Edmonton. Another AOer told me about them last year and I have bought quite a few things from them since. Many turn out to be cheaper than Rock due to high shipping costs for excess weight and length as well as I can pick up the parts same day. Doesn't work every time though, I still ordered all the tie rods for my Dodge from Rock. I ordered all Moog replacement parts and even with pretty hefty shipping they were still just under half the cheapest price I could find here in Canada, PartsKing included. I have been using the Fedex delivery option for heavier stuff, way cheaper than the Canada post option and with Rock you are guaranteed no EXTRA brokerage or duty. You pay Rock their price all in, parts are dropped off by Fedex two or three days later.

https://www.partsking.ca/
I have bought from Rock for years. I overhauled both sides of the front end of my old Duramax truck for less than one side here, and I have a business account that gets me a discount at the local auto supply. Brand name parts are available from Rock. I live close to Eureka Mt so get heavy items shipped there.