Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-21-2008, 05:43 PM

Default High River Gunstock supplier .. contact info?

I spoke with a gent at the Easter gun show who hailed from High River and had some inletted gunstocks for sale. I got his phone #, but it blew away as I loaded our baby's stroller into the trunk. Does anyone here know the fellow and have his #? Would he happen to be one of you personally? His booth was near the NE corner of the RoundUp centre, about the 2nd or 3rd row from the east wall and just shy of the north end of the row. He had a nicely figured unfinished walnut stock that my Winchester wants to mate with .
Old 04-21-2008, 09:14 PM
gitrdun

Hi there Caber...I'm from High River, well 12km's SW of HR actually. the only person that I know of in HR that is deeply involved in such things is UDO. He owns Fly's Etc. His phone number is 601-6120. Udo gets me my reloading stuff at a price that rivalves going into Calgary and he's been a great source of loaded ammo, brass, etc. I'l keep my eyes and ears open, but so far I don't known of anyone locally that supplies stocks. But then again I don't knwo everything. So, gitrdun will keep an eye out for you (and me) and give you a heads up if anything comes up...
Old 05-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Gitrdun, thanks for posting. He sounds like someone I've crossed paths with while hunting private land we both have permission on, an asian gent who really puts on the mileage while hunting, much like myself. From talking with him I know he is also a gunsmith, so likely the saem fellow. How many asian gunsmiths could there be in southwestern Alberta after all?

Still looking for the particular fellow with this lovely stock, he was caucasian, but thats as accurate as I can get with my description at this point, save for that he seemed to be about 45 or older.