Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2019, 09:42 AM

Just remember...
Now it's AR15s and SKSs
Wendy et al want to ban 50 BMG and 338 Lapua - military sniper "weapons"
Not a great leap of the imagination to think of that terminology coming our of Blair's pie hole.

But wait, what about the M-24 that's a military sniper weapon too!!! capable of killing at 1000yds or more - better ban those too.
Hand guns? I would say it's a done deal, they just won't do it yet. They will let the municipalities do it and then say they had nothing to do with it.
The current ban has nothing to do with facts and everything to do with cynical manipulation of the population of large urban centres.

Not a big stretch to see where it's going
Old 12-14-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
Does anyone know how Alberta having its own CFO might impact this decision by the Feds? Would we need our own provincial police force (replace the RCMP) so that there would be no one to perform the confiscations?

How would this all play out?
Ive heard rumblings through the grapevine Kenney and his team are working to block this for Albertans. It should be illegal, and it should have to be taken before the house of commons.

They should just stick to my suggestion of allowing municipalities to set their own gun regs, with transportation corridors with similar rules to the National Parks if your driving through a city with a ban. Should give a boost to the rural population.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 12-14-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Wow just wow. All your back peddling won't change the fact that you are the enemy of sportsmen and gun owners. You think just because you don't have a need or want no one else should. You have no idea, enjoy the decline
wow, lol. I suppose you must be one with thin skin. I’m a deer hunting beer drink oil patch working from Alberta GUY. Just because you didn’t like my opinion doesn’t make it a opinion. Just like if I read back through your posts on what colour underwear most wear? Pink or salmon? Or what car you should buy? A smart car or Prius? Just get the f&@k over it already
Old 12-14-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterdon View Post
Don't be surprised when, after you voted to ban target shooting, everyone who used to be a target shooter votes to ban hunting. Divided we fall.

Pathetic. Time to crawl back into your safe space and stop trolling the people who do care about the loss of their rights and freedoms.
if trolling is offering a opinion on a public discussion board then I guess I was trolling lol, keep it coming lol. To funny
Old 12-14-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
wow, lol. I suppose you must be one with thin skin. I’m a deer hunting beer drink oil patch working from Alberta GUY. Just because you didn’t like my opinion doesn’t make it a opinion. Just like if I read back through your posts on what colour underwear most wear? Pink or salmon? Or what car you should buy? A smart car or Prius? Just get the f&@k over it already
If semi autos are such a problem, why dont we see tonnes of issues with them? The fact is we have one of the best background checks in the world, and its the only scientifically proven way to reduce firearm deaths. If I hear someone is a restricted firearm owner, I automatically can assume that he's an upstanding citizen, and can get along with people. The fact is its not the people who hold PAL's who are the issue. Its the criminals and this does nothing to stop them.

In fact we should be doing the opposite, and requiring that every PAL holder keep an AR 15, or SKS, in their safe in case of national emergency. The Swiss werent invaded in WW2 because of a similar policy, and the Japanese knew they couldnt win a fight on American soil.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 12-14-2019, 10:54 AM

Default Lets Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Ive heard rumblings through the grapevine Kenney and his team are working to block this for Albertans. It should be illegal, and it should have to be taken before the house of commons.

They should just stick to my suggestion of allowing municipalities to set their own gun regs, with transportation corridors with similar rules to the National Parks if your driving through a city with a ban. Should give a boost to the rural population.
I will say that if Kenny can protect my firearms he will have my vote for as long as he runs for office. That is a sign of leadership in my books. Doing something that is right not just politically advantagous.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
say again lol
What is wrong with the firearms "community" if it doesn't affect me then I don't care....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
What is wrong with the firearms "community" if it doesn't affect me then I don't care....
It’s my opinion. Stop getting so but hurt over it. Lol
Old 12-14-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
you are taking what I said out of context. I don’t go around advocating for the ban of these guns. I shared my opinion with y’all and honestly that’s as far as it will go. I apologize if I hurt some feelings or struck some cords. I will be more careful about what I share in the future. Forget I said anything. I don’t feel like arguing about something that is so low on my priority list

You just keep sticking your foot further and further down your own throat......
Old 12-14-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
you are 100% correct. I don’t care a bit. Oh and news flash...... there are lots more just like me! I hope that doesn’t hurt to many soft feelings.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
you are 100% correct. I don’t care a bit. Oh and news flash...... there are lots more just like me! I hope that doesn’t hurt to many soft feelings.
WOW are you melting under the heat????? Divided we fall, welcome to the decline and hold your banner high...as you fall off the cliff....
Old 12-14-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Sure, but why is some manic going to shoot just me with a 30.06? I’m sure that they would be able to take down many more using a military style semi automatic assault rifle. Listen. It’s my opinion. I have no use for the military looking semi autos. I’m a hunter and most will hunt with hunting rifles. Most will target shoot with the militia guns. But some might be inclined to do something stupid with the military style before my hunting rifle. It’s my opinion
Just goes to show your total lack of understanding as to what the military uses and that you have drunk way to much of the Politically Correct Kool- Aid
Old 12-14-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It's not about thick or thin skin. I couldn't give a jack rip about who you are or what patch you work in, folks that have the same opinion as you are every bit as much a sportsman/ gun owners enemy as Blair himself. Your free to have your opinion just so you are aware your think will lead to a full stop gun ban. Don't pretend to be pro gun when your so willing to have someone else's legal property stolen just because you don't want/ have one. Your not pro gun at all. Again which is fine just don't pretend.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Just goes to show your total lack of understanding as to what the military uses and that you have drunk way to much of the Politically Correct Kool- Aid
sure thing. Your poor feelings still hurt hey? Don’t bother me. I have thick skin. And I completely understand what’s going on and what type of firearms are in question. There are lots that share the same sentiment as myself so you can stop trying to convince us. 🍻
Old 12-14-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Sure, but why is some manic going to shoot just me with a 30.06? I’m sure that they would be able to take down many more using a military style semi automatic assault rifle. Listen. It’s my opinion. I have no use for the military looking semi autos. I’m a hunter and most will hunt with hunting rifles. Most will target shoot with the militia guns. But some might be inclined to do something stupid with the military style before my hunting rifle. It’s my opinion
Pssstttt...............A semi-auto by definition cannot be an assault rifle. For a weapon to be classified as an assault rifle it has to have 3 stations on the selector switch- safe, repetition and automatic. Automatic weapons are illegal in Canada and thus no one legally owns one in this country. Further, magazines for weapons such as the AR have to be pinned to only accept 5 rounds, I can put more ammunition in my 10/22 than I can in the mag for an AR in Canada. Why are you focusing on the appearance of the rifle? What is a difference between a .223 calibre round fired from an AR and that same .223 round fired from a varmint rifle?
Old 12-14-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
It's not about thick or thin skin. I couldn't give a jack rip about who you are or what patch you work in, folks that have the same opinion as you are every bit as much a sportsman/ gun owners enemy as Blair himself. Your free to have your opinion just so you are aware your think will lead to a full stop gun ban. Don't pretend to be pro gun when your so willing to have someone else's legal property stolen just because you don't want/ have one. Your not pro gun at all. Again which is fine just don't pretend.
I see you are on the hurt feelings wagon also! Lol. Some of y’all just can’t handle that others may not think exactly like yourself. You can keep you opinions about me to yourself. My opinion you can attack all you want.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I see you are on the hurt feelings wagon also! Lol. Some of y’all just can’t handle that others may not think exactly like yourself. You can keep you opinions about me to yourself. My opinion you can attack all you want.
My goodness man. No hurt feelings at all. I just know your your not on my side on the firearms issue no matter how much you think you like hunting rifles. Just call a spade a spade your an anti
Old 12-14-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
My goodness man. No hurt feelings at all. I just know your your not on my side on the firearms issue no matter how much you think you like hunting rifles. Just call a spade a spade your an anti
ok 👍.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:12 PM

And I thought Bill Blair was colossally ignorant.....
Old 12-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

Old 12-14-2019, 12:27 PM

i dont understand why all the hatred . everyone is entitled to an opinion . and the nice folks on this forum will tell you if your opinion is wrong .

just kidding ! take a deep breath everyone , it almost christmass !
Old 12-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i dont understand why all the hatred . everyone is entitled to an opinion . and the nice folks on this forum will tell you if your opinion is wrong .

just kidding ! take a deep breath everyone , it almost christmass !
When someone's opinion is that my rights and freedoms should be taken away from me, then there's going to be some hatred. I hope rhino gets a stocking full of coal this Christmas.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:58 PM

Technically Rhino now qualifies for a time-out with the personal insult.

The word 'ignorant' means either not knowing something or wilfully ignoring something, its not so much an insult as an observation. "Putz" is an insult, and the incorrect use of 'your' when 'you're' is what was needed just makes it more ironic. Also, not knowing who Bill Blair is qualifies as further proof of ignorance.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:06 PM

I agree. Excellent comment. The AO team is gelling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail503 View Post
Bickering amongst the firearms community serves no purpose and hurts us all in the long run. It doesn't matter if you are a primitive weapons owner who does all your hunting with muzzleloaders, a sole non-restricted guy who only owns bolt guns and pump actions or a guy who owns it all and enjoys target shooting with AR's and handguns, when we attack one another and openly advocate for the private property of a fellow gun owner to be taken by force by the government we drive wedges and only help the gun grabbers and the anti's.

We're all like minded, all on the same team, all owners of firearms in one capacity or another and only with a united front and the mindset that an attack on one by the government is an attack on all can we hope to stave off this ridiculous notion that restricted gun owners, the most vetted citizens in the nation, should have their private property taken from them in a pathetic attempt by this government to appear to be taking action against gang crime in Toronto.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Technically Rhino now qualifies for a time-out with the personal insult.

The word 'ignorant' means either not knowing something or wilfully ignoring something, its not so much an insult as an observation. "Putz" is an insult, and the incorrect use of 'your' when 'you're' is what was needed just makes it more ironic. Also, not knowing who Bill Blair is qualifies as further proof of ignorance.
Putz actually means someone who engages in inconsequential or unproductive activity.... kinda like criticizing someone because of there opinions would be a bit unproductive
Old 12-14-2019, 02:06 PM

Default Can we all just get along

Like the legendary Humanitarian Rodney King said. "why can't we all just get along" I kid I kld

I would like this thread to stay alive. If we degrade into insulting each other it will be closed.

This is too important of a topic to be closed right now.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:16 PM

Lets look at this b.s. from a different angle. The Ottawa boneheads are adamant that guns are bad for us, that they have the potential to take away life. Hey boneheads what about vehicles? More people die from auto accidents than guns, just saying. Oh look, that ford killed somebody, we are going ban all fords just because somebody died from that ford. Chargers are gone because they "LOOK" bad. Really, they need to hear it from everyone that their way of thinking is wrong. I would like to know how many ppl died this past year from auto accidents compared to firearm deaths > Just saying
Old 12-14-2019, 02:33 PM

QUOTE=Elk Chaser;4074396]Lets look at this b.s. from a different angle. The Ottawa boneheads are adamant that guns are bad for us, that they have the potential to take away life. Hey boneheads what about vehicles? More people die from auto accidents than guns, just saying. Oh look, that ford killed somebody, we are going ban all fords just because somebody died from that ford. Chargers are gone because they "LOOK" bad. Really, they need to hear it from everyone that their way of thinking is wrong. I would like to know how many ppl died this past year from auto accidents compared to firearm deaths > Just saying[/QUOTE]

What about drugs....more Canadians killed by drugs than a AR. but JT thought it best to legalize pot. Same lib logic should have Bb and Jt put a new bolt gun in every household for christmas.
I'd be up for that kind of gubberment :-)
Old 12-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Default Cost

Quote:
QUOTE=Elk Chaser;4074396]Lets look at this b.s. from a different angle. The Ottawa boneheads are adamant that guns are bad for us, that they have the potential to take away life. Hey boneheads what about vehicles? More people die from auto accidents than guns, just saying. Oh look, that ford killed somebody, we are going ban all fords just because somebody died from that ford. Chargers are gone because they "LOOK" bad. Really, they need to hear it from everyone that their way of thinking is wrong. I would like to know how many ppl died this past year from auto accidents compared to firearm deaths > Just saying
What about drugs....more Canadians killed by drugs than a AR. but JT thought it best to legalize pot. Same lib logic should have Bb and Jt put a new bolt gun in every household for christmas.
I'd be up for that kind of gubberment :-)[/QUOTE]

It would likely cost about the same as the proposed buy back. Just giving everyone a gun would at least stimulate the economy.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:08 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Putz actually means someone who engages in inconsequential or unproductive activity.... kinda like criticizing someone because of there opinions would be a bit unproductive
I like Homer Simpson...so be careful

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...