Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM

Default looking fer a price....

What seems to be the price of a beretta 471 silverhawk kicking around the province.....new and used considered..... Thinking of selling some rifles I dont use anymore to fund this idea...here in southern alberta there.is none to be found, any one see one kicking around?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:33 AM

Gagnon in Ontario has one advertised for $3300.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-05-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM

If you don't mind not having choke tubes, used Beretta 209's can be had for around a grand and are virtually the same gun.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 PM

What I'm after, is a good shotgun for bird hunting. I've been shooting junk for years, as a lot of us have Lol. My trusty 'ol sears sxs developed a crack in the stock last year, much to my dismay. I'm not much of a shotgun guy.....but want something that's going to last me a lifetime of bird hunting, and it seems to me that they have a very solid reputation for lasting. I have had o/u in the past, just don't like them. Lol....if that's reason enough.suggestions are welcome.......but I have a very low tolerance for junk, as I get older Lol.

Thanks .....
Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 PM

Well down to the local seller today....he tells me a price of 5200$....for a new unit...this sou d about right?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:43 AM

I guess that is the range for them up here, for new, at that price I'd be looking at some others also. Chapuis, Merkel, AYA, etc., may have to go south to get them, but, at that level it is worth doing. Have a look at what is in Cabelas fine gun room in the 3-6000 range to get a picture what is available in that level ( and they are usually high), or Guns Int'l. Places like Hallowell's will ship here, or Prophet River can bring it up here for you. Have you looked at what Bilozir has avail? Tradexx can get Chapuis and VC. You may want to talk to Martini in Cranbrook, to see what he can do for you, he is pretty resourceful.
You may feel Beretta is the most reliable, but others are just as, and don't charge extra for the name.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 AM

so after several hours of looking on the net, 'bout as much as I can handle, and a few beers with my buddies, they keep trying to get me to look at a new supersport. I like the idea of no recoil, I mean who doesn't right?....and it sure does seem to fit the bill for what I like to shoot, just cannot get around the idea of a auto loader after shooting a sxs for so long,...they keep telling me that i'm just old school, and gotta let go of the past. The cost is 1/2 of what a decent sxs is, have I lost my screws actually thinking about this? What kind of life can one expect out of one of these new fangled units....have their been a lot of issues with them from other members of the board?......any input would be appreciated guys

thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 02:46 PM

I picked up a Berretta A400 explor with kick off last year, love it. It shoots anything from the light trap load to the 3-1/2" mags just fine and is easy on the shoulder, even after a few thousand rounds in a day. Was looking at another one at WSS in town that is wood blued 28" barrel, fine looking gun just about pulled the trigger, but wife said she would like a 20 gauge instead.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:13 PM

...and that was bought up as well,....the ability to shoot 3.5's.....appreciate your input, thanks