Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-19-2007, 11:08 AM

Default gorilla kong tree stands on sale

Canadian tire has a sale on tree stands. I have one and it's great!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...=1187543170570

Also print out there $10 off coupon and save even more.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 AM

I just bought a Hunter's View Hawk climber antone using this one? How do you like it?$199.99 at Whitetail Ridge
Old 08-19-2007, 04:30 PM

X2 on the Gorilla Kong stands.....Its the one I hike with. I also have a King Kong that gets set up usually once a season....Very Comfy, but also a little to heavy and bulky to hike with....You may also want to check wally world, I got my Kong for less than a hundred bucks there lastseason....
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM

Yea Walmart can offer a good deal at times on the hunting supples they sale. Can't wait for the trail cameras to come back out at Walmart this fall. I should have picked one up last fall.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:07 PM

I just got my Moultrie from Cabellas last week. 125 bucks to my door, the cheepest they had, and I have no issue with Pic quality, or trigger speed. Any idea what brand Wallymart carries ?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 PM

I picked up the 17' Gorilla ladder stand during the CT sale - has the arm and rifle rests as well which should be nice. I've never actually hunted out of a tree stand before, so it should be interesting. Looking forward to trying it out up north in November. Anyone else have the same ladder stand? How do you like it?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:11 PM

I purchased one last year in the same sale......

It is a great stand for hunting!!! Just make sure you fasten it well to the tree...when it is loose...IT's NOISEY....not to mention feels a little unsafe while climbing up there....but once everything is fastened, it is super sturdy, and quite comfortable! It also came with a great harness...not a crappy, waist harness....it is a full harness, which is comfortable and non restrictive.

I have only used mine for Bow hunting so far....I camo'd up the ladder a little with some natural vegetation, and had deer walk within a couple feet of the stand....

only complaint I have is this isn't a stand your gonna walk with for a long ways to set up....I was able to drive my truck within meters of where I set up (on the edge of a field) so it was no prob....but even to strap it to a quad and get it in somewhere slightly rough would be a pain I think....so for easy access spots....I'm giving it 4 outa 5 stars.....
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Last year at Wally- World bought (3) 15 foot ladder stands for $100 ea.
You have to love those clearance sales.

Dunezilla - Did they have a sale on the cameras?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 08-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Dang it....now I'm gonna have to buy one of these next time I see one on sale......just another addition that I dont NEED but I really WANT....heh
Old 08-28-2007, 03:59 PM

The Wally mart sales at the end of the year for the last 2 yeaars have had the gorilla 15' ladder stands on for $75. The sale started at $125 then it went to $100 and then to $75. They were difficult to find when they were $75, but I was able to find 2 on the north side and 2 in Hinton as I was driving through. I used then a lot last year and they are great. I agree that they would be quite clunky if you had to haul them in anywhere, and it takes a bit of time to find the right tree.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=ABwhitetail;50217].

I have only used mine for Bow hunting so far....I camo'd up the ladder a little with some natural vegetation, and had deer walk within a couple feet of the stand....

QUOTE]

You really don't even need to do that. The deer walk by anyways..well at lease for me they do. Bring a camera for you can get some fine pictures if all goes will.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 PM

I've checked a couple of Wally Marts and CT's around Calgary the last few weeks.....Notta...Zippo...Nuthin....Either they arn't bringin in much for hunting this year, or they dont have the staff to set it up....Looked pretty empty in the 'Hunting Isle's'
Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 PM

I just noticed the one in Wetaskiwin was starting to unpack hunting gear this week. Over the past two years I also noticed that only the big ones carry the tree stands.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I've checked a couple of Wally Marts and CT's around Calgary the last few weeks...
The CT in Calgary to deal with/look at is at Macleod and Southland. The owner/managers are big time into hunting and they have quite the selection of guns and a bunch of gear as well.

ABWhitetail - thanks for the review! I'm keen to give it a try.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 PM

Should I bring my climing stands with me to Alberta,, or are they a waste of space?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 PM

If you have the room you may as well bring them. There certainly are lots of places around the province where you can use them.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=Dunezilla;50293]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABwhitetail View Post

QUOTE]

You really don't even need to do that. The deer walk by anyways..well at lease for me they do. Bring a camera for you can get some fine pictures if all goes will.

I only did it in because the underbrush around the tree I used needed to be cleared a bit to get the stand up....instead of tossing the cleared brush away, I used it around the base of the ladder....I agree that it probably isn't necessary, but just what I did in that case.....

It is definitely good to have a camera with you, it is amazing what you can witness happening in the Wild when no one knows your there......