Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-02-2016, 11:27 PM

Default Have permission

So today is the secon day of the season and already one of my landowners has kicked three different people off his land that didnt have permission. This is getting to be retarded. As a bow hunter, make sure you have permission to hunt the land your on. I've explained to my landowner that the next person he catches he is to have them charged with hunting occupied land. This charge comes with a 1500 dollar fine and license suspension for one year. If you are not sure if you have permission on land, don't go on there until you've figured it out. These people doing this crap are hurting the sport for all of us, and they deserve all they get .I'm so sick of this and it doesn't seem to be getting much better
If you are a landowner I encourage you to have these charged when you catch them. When you yell and chase them off, these guys are just going to the next place and doing the same thing over and over.
If you're guilty of fence jumping....smarten up. If you know someone that does this crap. Kick them in the junk. It's going to cause land access to be an even bigger problem

Last edited by catnthehat; 09-04-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Banned

I hear ya, we get tonnes of people in the area where we live. I put up no trespass ing signs in the middle of our fields this year. They kept ripping them down on the trees and fences in the years prior. It's a matter of lack of respect these days. There seems to be more poachers than hunters these days. It's extremely frustrating and I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 06:47 PM

I think you'd be lucky to hear back from a game warden for a trespassing complaint. Even with pictures and a plate # doesn't seem to matter. If you get them to return your call I'd be impressed. They have their hands full with more pressing issues I suppose.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:05 PM

Yeg bowzone I assume???
Old 09-04-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mm rem View Post
I think you'd be lucky to hear back from a game warden for a trespassing complaint. Even with pictures and a plate # doesn't seem to matter. If you get them to return your call I'd be impressed. They have their hands full with more pressing issues I suppose.

I agree, had plates and video of hunters and truck as I drove up to the group who was speed walking to there truck when they saw me in the field. Tried to talk to them and they just kept walking and ignoring me. Went to local fish and wildlife office 2 hours later and showed them all the videos and exact location. Basically told me on the spot nothing would come of it. And nothing has.

I am not the land owner as well which might make a difference.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Banned

Shoot,shovel and shut up as Ralph would say. Lol

Old 09-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutslayer444 View Post
Shoot,shovel and shut up as Ralph would say. Lol

Lol I like this response.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookset View Post
I agree, had plates and video of hunters and truck as I drove up to the group who was speed walking to there truck when they saw me in the field. Tried to talk to them and they just kept walking and ignoring me. Went to local fish and wildlife office 2 hours later and showed them all the videos and exact location. Basically told me on the spot nothing would come of it. And nothing has.

I am not the land owner as well which might make a difference.

you have to be the land owner .... next time I suggest you take the video to the land owner and ask him to press charges.... I know of a guy that does it and he gets away with it, even cut the fence the farmer just put up... oh well

times are charging and its not for the better
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 09-06-2016, 01:26 PM

If F&W isn't able to help, maybe the RCMP would be. Apart from the hunting aspect of the violation, it should fall in the realm of the Petty Tresspass Act.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:28 PM

Default trespassing

I agree, I've lost a lot of permission around Red Deer and west. But you don't get 1500 dollar fine and a years hunting for basic trespassing. If you have a animal down things are totally different.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:28 PM

I have had a few looking around this year already and taking down signs and I have called f and w and they say get as much info as you can so I have but still no action . I have went as far as telling them where he lives .But this year I will deal with it my self
Old 09-06-2016, 02:49 PM

As I'm new to big game hunting it really irks me to here this crap. First by following the rules It really wasn't that hard to find a good chunk of land to hunt, by just being polite and commuting to follow all the rules he laide out. And a bottle of whiskey is coming his way. Second as just getting into the big game hunting world. I don't want to see my future chances of hunting other good spots ruined by a bunch of Jack asses. This is Alberta, and from what I see compared to other places we got it pretty good. If F and W won't do anything wish there was a way to expose these idiots just to shame them into not being a Jack ass.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Yes there is more and more of this activity and some land owners are now starting to remove any access or permission. I have lost a few spots due to this and respect the owners decision.

For the areas I have permission the land owner has provided me with a list of all folks with access and the vehicles associated. If I see anything out of the ordinary I will get whatever evidence possible for the landowner. By doing this I feel I am helping the landowner and doing my part for the permission he has provided.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:28 PM

You can go to the police as well. Trespassers carrying weapons on my land?.....I'm sure I can convince them to look into it...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 04:57 PM

With the current state of the economy, I suspect this will get worse. I did recently phoned in a poaching suspicion and a F&W officer called me back a few minutes later to discuss the issue. It's really frustrating to hear rifle shots out of season when you're out bow hunting. And it's not just someone testing their gun - I've found the remains of 3 butchered carcasses so far this year. Without pictures and a vehicle plate #, there not much F&W can do. Sorry, that was a little off topic.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:45 PM

Nothing is worse that this.

Was out with a friend one night early season mule hunting. Saw a nice buck in the standing canola. He went out and dropped it and we later recovered it in the same field.

Found out the next season when I went to get permission myself that we didn't have permission to hunt there in the first place.

It literally takes a day, preseason to drive around and get permission. Farmers love it and best of all they know your vehicle when they see it driving around.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountedbowman View Post
Nothing is worse that this.

Was out with a friend one night early season mule hunting. Saw a nice buck in the standing canola. He went out and dropped it and we later recovered it in the same field.

Found out the next season when I went to get permission myself that we didn't have permission to hunt there in the first place.

It literally takes a day, preseason to drive around and get permission. Farmers love it and best of all they know your vehicle when they see it driving around.

Ya I guess it is always good to ask your buddy if you are allowed to hunt that land he takes you to.
Could have been a bad situation for both of you.
I was in saskabush many years ago and same scenario played out for me too!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-14-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
If F&W isn't able to help, maybe the RCMP would be. Apart from the hunting aspect of the violation, it should fall in the realm of the Petty Tresspass Act.
This works. Went through this exact routine this season already. First the RCMP come out (quite quickly I might add). Once the RCMP have taken Their notes, if the land owner decides They want to go further, the RCMP will call in a CO. When the CO gets a call from the RCMP, They show up. Charges are laid, licenses are forfeit. If there is an animal involved, it is taken as well.

Spruce
Old 10-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Banned

Since it snowed I have misplaced a few sets of harrows in random access points on my posted land, I'm really hoping to be a good Samaritan and help change flat tires of some unfortunate people.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Since it snowed I have misplaced a few sets of harrows in random access points on my posted land, I'm really hoping to be a good Samaritan and help change flat tires of some unfortunate people.

That's really nice of you to help change flat tires .
Old 10-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Banned

I get a laugh out of the posted signs that read " NO HUNTING or TRESPASSING "

Because in some peoples small challenged minds, both activities are the same,
Old 10-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Banned

I had some permission lined up for mule deer but someone drove in there harvest and that permission was taken away and no it wasn't me driving there field. I had such a hard time trying to find land and finally found area 5 minutes from home to hunt now.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
I get a laugh out of the posted signs that read " NO HUNTING or TRESPASSING "

Because in some peoples small challenged minds, both activities are the same,
Not true. Different charges with different implications
Old 10-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Banned

I just followed quad tracks off my property a few miles to their house took pictures and called the RCMP so well see what charges come of it.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I just followed quad tracks off my property a few miles to their house took pictures and called the RCMP so well see what charges come of it.
Nothing like making it easy to follow in fresh snow. Hope they get at least a fine.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:02 AM

If the COs or the RCMP refuse to attend and press the proper charges call their Senior person and file an official complaint. Also, let the local Reeve, Mayor know you are having trouble getting people charged. They allocate the budget for the RCMP. Neither the RCMP or COs has the right to choose/ignore calls from citizens. If they do there are repercussions. The only way top stop trespassers is to charge every one of them you catch.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Banned

I'm gonna go your route Dean, rcs called back and said they too followed the tracks to the house where they found the quads . But the homeowner stated that he has no idea who was on the quads as he is blind and his kids are young adults. Long story short no charges because everyone denied it. Really a joke if you ask me
Old 10-15-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna go your route Dean, rcs called back and said they too followed the tracks to the house where they found the quads . But the homeowner stated that he has no idea who was on the quads as he is blind and his kids are young adults. Long story short no charges because everyone denied it. Really a joke if you ask me
At least here they investigated. If no one confesses and you can't identify the rider then they are limited in ability to proceed. They can however check the quads are registered and insured. If not they may be subject to seizure for operating on public roads.without proper coverage.

That said I would definitely stay on them and ensure they push it as far and hard as they can. If you let off them they will easily drop it.