Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Tags for the bow zone?

Im to too sure on this but now if i were to buy tags for in the bow zone does that affect any of my Special License tags. For instance if i buy a mule tag for in the bow zone will that affect mule that i got drawn for?

AKA MAVERICK
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can buy a tag "for the bowzone". You purchase a general tag, which is valid in the bowzone, where you obviously hunt with a bow, and with a rifle in any other zone where the general tag is valid. But since you indicate that you got drawn for mulie somewhere else, I don't think you can buy another mule deer tag. There's a discussion on this somewhere else on this forum.

Frans
Old 08-30-2007, 02:55 PM

There is additional opportunity in zones 248 (Edmonton Bow Zone) and 212 (Calgary Bow Zone)....these additional opportunities are for 2 antlerless deer....

"Antlerless Deer (WMUs 212 & 248) Licence. Holders of this licence may kill 2 antlerless deer, either white-tailed deer or mule deer, with a bow and arrow (but not cross-bow) in WMUs 212 and 248 during the archery-only season, S5 - N30"

Otherwise you need to refer to your regs in regard to the general seasons in those zones....If you have a draw for a antlered Mule Deer in another zone....you CANNOT hunt antlered Mule deer in either of the Bow Zones.....

DON'T Quote me though....its all in the regs......
Old 08-30-2007, 05:02 PM

We had some similar questions regarding general and drawn tags. We got great feedback on the subject under "BetterThanRoger" "BuyingTags". Thanks for all the responses, really appreciate it.

If you want to be sure about your situation, call any Wildlife Office listed under "Further Inquiries" on page 53 in the draw booklet ( link below ) and they should be able to clear it up for you. I called the Calgary Wildlife office at 297-6423. They were great at answering all my concerns.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fishwildlif.../2007Draws.pdf

Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:33 PM

Lethal, you can ONLY take your Mulie in the zone you were drawn for....period. If you get drawn in a zone, that is the ONLY place you can hunt for that particular species. Good luck with the bow though, like mentioned, you can get the supplemental doe tags, your WT antlered, and then there is the 'Foothills Deer' tags for December (CHECK REGS), where you can harvest an additional 2 does in the bow zones (on certain days) for another couple of weeks. Good luck man!

Tree