Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Default Moose in the Hardisty Area

Folks,

I just got posted to Hardisty for the remainder of the year which means my hunting season will be spent here in unfamiliar territory. I'll be looking for a cow moose in the fall and I've knocked on a few doors with limited success in terms of access for either scouting or hunting. Are there any Hardisty area landowners on here that would be open to meeting with me and chatting about possibly hunting on their property in the fall? As my user name suggests (although the "new" part is longer true), I'll be bow hunting. My rifle is something that only gets used if my bow season has been a complete failure! I pull my animals out on a game cart if the terrain is cooperative and on a meat pack if it isn't. There's no danger that your fields or your animals will be impacted in anyway by my presence.

That's my sales pitch! Send me a PM if you'd like to chat further and good luck with your draws..

Thanks.

Cal
Old 05-30-2017, 12:06 PM

You will need a moose draw first before you can chase moose there (archery only or general season). Assuming you have enough points for the draw I think there is some community pasture in the area.

LC
Old 05-30-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
You will need a moose draw first before you can chase moose there (archery only or general season). Assuming you have enough points for the draw I think there is some community pasture in the area.

LC
Hi Lefty,

Yes, you're right about the draw. I've already checked the stats and my priority is high enough to guarantee the cow tag which is why I'm posting this on the day the draws open. Seemed like a good starting point.

Cal
Old 05-30-2017, 12:18 PM

Is Hardisty in 234?
Old 05-30-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Is Hardisty in 234?
No, it's in 232.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:47 PM

Tons of moose in all directions from town.you should have no problem finding a cow.