Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 PM

Default Only two left handed bows in the dealer

Today I went into an archery shop interested in seeing a left handed Katera bow. Out of all the bows in the shop only two were left handed. Neither were high end bows for the brand. Left there kind of disapointed. They were nice and helpfull and can order one in for me which would be about 4 weeks. I like Hoyt bows, but it would of been nice to of tried a Katera along with one or two other brands top of the line to compare. Do you guys know of any shops in central Alberta that stock a variety of bows for lefties?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 PM

be prepared to be frustrated I got lucky at Jimbo's in Calgary he had a few I could try & compare but the archery center had 2, same story "we'll have more in in a couple of weeks". I went back time after time to only see the same few. I was prepared to buy one on line but like I said, I got lucky. Good luck to ya!!
Old 08-09-2008, 11:39 PM

Time is running out with regards to getting something prior to the season, however, archerytalk.com has a left handed hunting bow classifieds section if you know what you're looking for. Problem is it'll take at least 10 days before it arrives at your door. Good luck in your search.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:46 AM

Sorry to say you are in the same boat I was in. Left hand high end bows are special order at most shops. I had to have Sherwood park order me in a Hoyt Ultramag bow a few years back.

good luck in your search.

I do know a shop that carries the APA viper and PSE X force in left hand if that helps you

AL
Old 08-10-2008, 09:32 AM

i've had this problem all my life and it sure is frustrating. there's a company called reflex that is a subsidurary of hoyt that carrys a lot of lefty bows. i recently purchased a reflex growler package from bass pro shops on line and had it set up at sherwood park archery, the bow is sweeeet!! had it sighted in in a week and it's ready for the season. by the way the whole set up was under $600.00!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 PM

Thanks for all the replys guys. Nicolal can you let me know the name of the shop please? I would like to shoot one of the APA to see what it's like.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 PM

I know this might sound stupid but you can shoot most right handed bows lefty to get the feel of them to see what they shoot like, then order it in left handed. you cannot go wrong with APA they are a great bow
Old 08-13-2008, 07:43 AM

I think to be fair to any sporting goods store, if they bring in a bunch of top end bows that may never sell is bad business for them. They may sit on the shelf and 9-10 months later, next years new releases come out and they are forced to eat the bow or reduce the price to where they might as well give it away. They can't do business that way. When you look into any bow hunting magazines "new product guide" it would astound you as to the variety of product they can bring in. Unless they have endless and deep pockets and don't mind loosing money on bows that they can't sell.......they just can't do it.........that's smart business.

If you have a particular truck in mind that you want to buy, you likely won't settle for whats on the lot but would rather special order to get exactly what you want for the money you are going to spend.

I understand the tight spot that these sporting goods stores are in and respect it......bows are not like tree stands.....they are very individual to the consumer. If there is a bow that I want to get, I will go to my Archery supplier of choice, Red Deer Archery Centre, and discuss what exactly I want, the add on's that I want and then order it........the service is second to none and the final product that I get, I have never been disappointed in. If you go in there and need a bow "today", you likely will settle for something that you did not want in the first place.

These stores are doing the best they can and being wise with their money so that next season when you need something else for your bow in a hurry, they will actually still be in business. It would be great to walk into a warehouse full of every imaginable peice of archery equipment but the reality is that it just isn't possible and certainly does not make sense from a financial stand point.

When you buy a bow, where will you get it serviced at.....tuned, etc, etc. The shop that I go to (mentioned above) stand behind everything they sell and do and if something ever happens, I know that I can go in and they will help me.

Marco
Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 PM

Jodi Lee Archery in Lloyd has two left handed bows a APA viper and a Diamond Liberty
If interested 306-825-4102

Tell them Trav sent you

My brother will look after you