Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Ever see McDavid drop the mitts? Does a little better than a drunken hobo
I've only seen the one fight from the OHL where he broke his hand.
Are there others?
Old 11-18-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yeah, he is yappy...but I'm not worried about him. He isn't afraid to go into corners or be in the dirty areas in front of the net. He has more than a bit of his old Man in him, not as gutless as the naysayers would have it (granted the optics were terrible on that, but was pure theater on his part and looking at the minutes he drew...doing his job well).

The only really cheap thing involving Chuckie last night was the greasy slew foot he got. That was plain dirty.

But overall very entertaining and great win.
Haven't ready any comments on it so maybe wasn't shown on TV, but Chuckie went to the dressing room a second time last night in the third. Soiler goalie trapped the puck and a scrum ensued, and that plug Kassian cheep shot, crossed checked him right in the kidneys. He was hurting for sure.

One other thing I noticed last night was how many times McMuffin would skate around a scrum and grab someone from behind and reef their head around and get all tough when they weren't looking. Seen it like 3 times. He has started to take advantage of his star status, knowing reffs will let it go cause the jersey has 97 on it.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rig-rat View Post
haven't ready any comments on it so maybe wasn't shown on tv, but chuckie went to the dressing room a second time last night in the third. Soiler goalie trapped the puck and a scrum ensued, and that plug kassian cheep shot, crossed checked him right in the kidneys. He was hurting for sure.

One other thing i noticed last night was how many times mcmuffin would skate around a scrum and grab someone from behind and reef their head around and get all tough when they weren't looking. Seen it like 3 times. He has started to take advantage of his star status, knowing reffs will let it go cause the jersey has 97 on it.
omfg

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 11-18-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
omfg
Does that mean your butt hurts?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Does that mean your butt hurts?
No scratched it,,feels great,

Old 11-18-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
No scratched it,,feels great,
That's cool, men scratch when it itches.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-18-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
That's cool, men scratch when it itches.
I am a big fan of GOLD BOND

Old 11-18-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I'm just saying that if you're going to yap and take cheap shots at players when somebody else is holding him you better answer the bell, he doesn't/won't so I think it's not going to go well for him following last nights game. We shall see I guess
So why doesn't McDavid have to answer the bell?
why does Lucic or kassian have to answer it for him?
its a two way street.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
So why doesn't McDavid have to answer the bell?
why does Lucic or kassian have to answer it for him?
its a two way street.
Not if you're an Oiler fan. The best they can come up with to this is "LOL".
Old 11-18-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
I've only seen the one fight from the OHL where he broke his hand.
Are there others?
Nothing? Hello?

Well, to put a positive spin on it, we could say that McDavid is an undefeated fighter in the NHL.

I don't expect McDavid to fight some team's plugs, but I don't expect other teams' top players to have to fight Kassian.

Note: it felt sort of weird to quote my own post.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:14 PM

Epic implosion in Vegas game. Maybe Kassian can make Fleury answer the bell for stopping pucks.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Nothing? Hello?

Well, to put a positive spin on it, we could say that McDavid is an undefeated fighter in the NHL.

I don't expect McDavid to fight some team's plugs, but I don't expect other teams' top players to have to fight Kassian.

Note: it felt sort of weird to quote my own post.
If other teams top players run around gifting cheap shots, then YES, they need to answer the BELL
Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
If other teams top players run around gifting cheap shots, then YES, they need to answer the BELL
What cheap shot? You mean when Drai slewed him and dropped him on his head?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well then send "Chuckie" to take care of Drai next game..make sure Chuckie puts TURTLE WAX on his knuckles
Old 11-18-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Well then send "Chuckie" to take care of Drai next game..make sure Chuckie puts TURTLE WAX on his knuckles
By your very own reasoning should Draisaitl have to fight Peluso?
Old 11-18-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Notice how they never answer the question, just move on or quote your post and say something else?
Old 11-18-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Chucky tried to get Drai to go, several times. Punched him in the face in a scrum even. Drai refused to go. It's because he is a coward.

But we knew that from the slew foot.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Keep trying. You'll remember
Old 11-18-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Keep trying. You'll remember
No, really I won't, as I didn't see him cheap shot anyone. I could have missed it getting a whisky though. So really, what cheap shot did he need to answer the bell for?

Old 11-18-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
No, really I won't, as I didn't see him cheap shot anyone. I could have missed it getting a whisky though. So really, what cheap shot did he need to answer the bell for?
I was in and out of the game, and may have had a drink or two...ish as well, but I'm guessing it was the double team action McDavid
Old 11-18-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I was in and out of the game, and may have had a drink or two...ish as well, but I'm guessing it was the double team action McDavid
What? Seriously? He never even hit him for gawdsake! Pulling a guy off your team mate after he gets bull dogged is a cheap shot? Is McDavid really so precious and untouchable? That's hilarious, I had no idea the skin was that thin....

If Drai had piled in first to pull Backs off of McJesus, bet you wouldn't be calling it a cheap shot today. And neither would any Flames fan for that matter.

Complete fail.

Chucky gets slew footed, Gaudreau gets boarded (no call), Flames fans call it a good physical game with a few cheap shots from Oilers. So what.

McJesus bulldogs Backs, gets penalty, and Tkachuk piles in to haul him off and OH MY GOD, he touched the Holy One.

Way too funny.

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 11-18-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Chucky tried to get Drai to go, several times. Punched him in the face in a scrum even. Drai refused to go. It's because he is a coward.

But we knew that from the slew foot.
You mean when the linesman was already in between the 2 of them. Reminds me of the yappy guy at the bar when the bouncer has already stopped the fight. Big man to be tough at that point. I really believed Flapchuk thought he was getting a penalty for 3rd guy in on McDavid and Backlund was trying to get Draisaitl to take a penalty to even things up. How we ended with an extra 2 out that mess was crazy. Give all 4 roughing and move on.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
You mean when the linesman was already in between the 2 of them..... I really believed Flapchuk thought he was getting a penalty for 3rd guy in on McDavid and Backlund was trying to get Draisaitl to take a penalty to even things up. How we ended with an extra 2 out that mess was crazy. Give all 4 roughing and move on.
C'mon, before the linesman showed up there was plenty of opportunity for Drai to dance with Tkachuk, he just wouldn't go, simple. Stop with the spin, you're starting to sound like Morneau talking about pipelines getting built ...

The bit about giving all four a couple for roughing and move on would be a great call. Kassian wanting Tkachuk to answer the bell for it was goofy, it just wasn't that big of a deal. All this 'taking liberty with McDavid' drama....it's hockey. Johnny gets crushed and manhandled every game, as do most 'stars'....why should McDavid get a pass? Anyway, enough already. Games over, and the Oilers have way bigger problems than just the last 25 minutes of it...as evidenced tonight. You better hope they don't move GG up to coach when Todd gets the axe!

Old 11-18-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
C'mon, before the linesman showed up there was plenty of opportunity for Drai to dance with Tkachuk, he just wouldn't go, simple. Stop with the spin, you're starting to sound like Morneau talking about pipelines getting built ...

The bit about giving all four a couple for roughing and move on would be a great call. Kassian wanting Tkachuk to answer the bell for it was goofy, it just wasn't that big of a deal. All this 'taking liberty with McDavid' drama....it's hockey. Johnny gets crushed and manhandled every game, as do most 'stars'....why should McDavid get a pass? Anyway, enough already. Games over, and the Oilers have way bigger problems than just the last 25 minutes of it...as evidenced tonight. You better hope they don't move GG up to coach when Todd gets the axe!
Take the man crush glasses off for a second, Flapchuk was over top of McDavid giving face washes and then rabbit punching Draisaitl with his gloves still on. If Draisaitl dropped gloves Flapchuk would have skated away or turtled like he did with Kassian. Flapchuk had the whole rest of the game to engage with Draisaitl and did nothing, real hero.

And Johnny shouldn't turn his back to the play at the last second and expect a player to hold up. Maybe they should sew a stop sign on the back of his jersey, I mean it is in novice size anyways!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
You mean when the linesman was already in between the 2 of them. Reminds me of the yappy guy at the bar when the bouncer has already stopped the fight. Big man to be tough at that point. I really believed Flapchuk thought he was getting a penalty for 3rd guy in on McDavid and Backlund was trying to get Draisaitl to take a penalty to even things up. How we ended with an extra 2 out that mess was crazy. Give all 4 roughing and move on.
Its poetry I tell ya! I rememember brendan's dad fom Kingston! Solid guy!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Take the man crush glasses off for a second, Flapchuk was over top of McDavid giving face washes and then rabbit punching Draisaitl with his gloves still on. If Draisaitl dropped gloves Flapchuk would have skated away or turtled like he did with Kassian. Flapchuk had the whole rest of the game to engage with Draisaitl and did nothing, real hero.

And Johnny shouldn't turn his back to the play at the last second and expect a player to hold up. Maybe they should sew a stop sign on the back of his jersey, I mean it is in novice size anyways!
I've been reading these threads, and the Oiler fan forum threads today, and the amount of hurt butt is amazing. You seriously want to moan about hockey being chippy and face washes and rabbit punching...after Drai slews Tkachuk and Johnny gets boarded? For sure some man crush glasses need to come off....mostly from the guys doing all the whining.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I've been reading these threads, and the Oiler fan forum threads today, and the amount of hurt butt is amazing. You seriously want to moan about hockey being chippy and face washes and rabbit punching...after Drai slews Tkachuk and Johnny gets boarded? For sure some man crush glasses need to come off....mostly from the guys doing all the whining.
Nobody was whining about face washes or rabbit punches, what we did was a lot of laughing at Flapchuk turtling. Then all the hurt butt Shames fans with their man crushes tried to defend his actions. He got the embarrassment he deserved but in the end he had the last laugh with the win. Home fans loved Kenny Linseman, maybe the NHL has a new "Rat." No better place for a Rat that Calgary, so it's a good fit.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:40 AM

I bet you SOYler fans get even more butt hurt and angry when looking at the standings huh?
Old 11-19-2018, 08:35 AM

Rittich gets the start again .
Old 11-19-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Rittich gets the start again .
Is Peters coming around?