Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-28-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
With the Huskemaw all you have to do is tell them what load your are shooting with and they will etch and send you as many custom turrets that you want.
So they don't require an actual chronograph reading for that particular load in your rifle?
Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
With the Huskemaw all you have to do is tell them what load your are shooting with and they will etch and send you as many custom turrets that you want.

L-C, if you ever want to have a shooting challenge, by all means I am game! You bring your hand loads, I will bring my factory Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds. Lets shoot up to 800 yards. Winner gets a free beer!

Just out of curiosity what is your favorite hunting rifle and what scope do you shoot with? A picture would be nice
I gotta break your bubble. You can get a custom turret for most scopes out there. I have moa turrets on my scopes and know how many clicks to do what. When I change loads I recalc the clicks.
http://kentonindustries.com/category/custom-turrets

When I see guys with custom turrets they remind me of fanny packs of the 80's. Handy as hell but they sure make you look like a dork.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
It's a work in progress....here is a thread on it.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...t=Scoped+ready

Prior to this one I used my trusty .270 win....it's killed a lot of game for me.

LC
Nice Rig!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:01 AM

There is so much innuendo and marketing hype in this thread, it'll make your head hurt.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I gotta break your bubble. You can get a custom turret for most scopes out there. I have moa turrets on my scopes and know how many clicks to do what. When I change loads I recalc the clicks.
http://kentonindustries.com/category/custom-turrets

When I see guys with custom turrets they remind me of fanny packs of the 80's. Handy as hell but they sure make you look like a dork.
lol, I say to each their own. In the end all I really care about is having high quality venison on my diner table, not participating in a fashion show. My rifles work great for me and get the job done!

By the way Bergerboy, would you like my S.I.N # and VISA card#, along with the box lot #. LMAO
Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
There is so much innuendo and marketing hype in this thread, it'll make your head hurt.
No kidding!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
lol, I say to each their own. In the end all I really care about is having high quality venison on my diner table, not participating in a fashion show. My rifles work great for me and get the job done!

By the way Bergerboy, would you like my S.I.N # and VISA card#, along with the box lot #. LMAO

For a guy not interested in a fashion show you whipped out your pics of "princess" in a NY minute

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 12-28-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:

No need, have that stuff already silly. The reason why I was asking about the lot numbers is that I have a box of Trophy Grade Nosler Custom Ammunition in my hand. It don't have lot numbers anywhere on it that I can see, I was hoping you could enlighten me where to find it.....since you only buy from the same lot....
Old 12-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:

LC
Just wondering if you use that rifle for hunting and did you use it this year for hunting big game? If not what rifle and scope did you use to hunt with?
Old 12-28-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Just wondering if you use that rifle for hunting and did you use it this year for hunting big game? If not what rifle and scope did you use to hunt with?
I shot one thing with a rifle this year (the rest were bow kills)...I used the rifle in the link and picture I provided....a custom .260rem Improved built on a Defiance Rebel Action...with a Jewel Trigger, if you click on the thread link I provided you can find all the info you seek....including pictures of what I shot this year and the bullet wound. I even have pictures of targets and load information...Just look at the link.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 12-28-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
I shot one thing with a rifle this year (the rest were bow kills)...I used the rifle in the link and picture I provided....a custom .260rem Improved built on a Defiance Rebel Action...with a Jewel Trigger, if you click on the thread link I provided you can find all the info you seek....including pictures of what I shot this year and the bullet wound.

LC
Sure always nice to see a harvested animal Your Elk bow kill picts/video were awesome!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Sure always nice to see a harvested animal Your Elk bow kill picts/video were awesome!
Thanks was a quick fun hunt....what did you manage to get this year?

LC
Old 12-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Banned

Nothing,, for the first time in 49 years I did not go hunting because my #@$& PAL expired and I only realized that when I went to buy some 30-06 shells, before heading out. Quite the bummer to say the least. Still waiting for my new PAL, which to me is a ton of horse poop!!!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Nothing,, for the first time in 49 years I did not go hunting because my #@$& PAL expired and I only realized that when I went to buy some 30-06 shells, before heading out. Quite the bummer to say the least. Still waiting for my new PAL, which to me is a ton of horse poop!!!!!
But then if you could reload....
Old 12-28-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:

For a guy not interested in a fashion show you whipped out your pics of "princess" in a NY minute

LC
I'm still waiting for the video of the 500 yard offhand shots.

Can you program a Huskemaw for those???
Old 12-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
But then if you could reload....
Whether you can reload or not, without a %$#@^ PAL, you are not legal to hunt or carry a firearm and have to go with someone and use their weapon. What a complete crock of, well you know!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I guess that part of the reliability equation, is whether the shooter is responsible enough to prevent his PAL from expiring.

Quote:
Whether you can reload or not, without a %$#@^ PAL, you are not legal to hunt or carry a firearm and have to go with someone and use their weapon. What a complete crock of, well you know!
You most certainly could use your own firearm, as long as you are under the direct supervision of someone that does hold a valid PAL.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I'm still waiting for he video of the 500 yard offhand shots.

Can you program a Huskemaw for those???
I will not feed a troll this morning, go have some bacon and eggs! I wish people here would GET BACK ON TOPIC, and as far as I understand the heading it's not about me! Geeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I guess that part of the reliability equation, is whether the shooter is responsible enough to prevent his PAL from expiring.
Reliability of a rifle has what to do with an expired PAL???
Old 12-28-2014, 11:49 AM

Edmhunter, when you get a moment, can you reply to post #98?
Old 12-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Edmhunter, when you get a moment, can you reply to post #98?
I can't because I threw the boxes away when I purchased them and carry my rounds in cartridge cases.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Reliability of a rifle has what to do with an expired PAL???
In order to be reliable, the firearm must shoot for you under all conditions. How did that work for you this fall with your PAL being expired?

You are part of a shooting system, and you weren't reliable, so the system wasn't reliable.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

You most certainly could use your own firearm, as long as you are under the direct supervision of someone that does hold a valid PAL.
I don't go on supervised hunts! In any case if a stupid immigrant plumber didn't burn down the building I lived in and had I not have had to take my Insurance company to court as a self represented litigant (if you know what that is?) for defrauding me and be involved in 3 other law suits because of the fire, then I would have paid more attention to the smaller things!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I will not feed a troll this morning, go have some bacon and eggs! I wish people here would GET BACK ON TOPIC, and as far as I understand the heading it's not about me! Geeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
The reason you are getting a rough ride should be self apparent. You seem like a decent guy, but why the outlandish and/or erroneous claims? Come back to earth. It's not a bad place.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Banned

I have offer to participate in a long range shooting competition, winner gets a free beer. Nuff said.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I have offer to participate in a long range shooting competition, winner gets a free beer. Nuff said.
Are you a member of a range that said competition can happen?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned

No I practice at a friend's farm, but if you are a member at a range, I will be more then happy to join you and whoever there.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
No I practice at a friend's farm, but if you are a member at a range, I will be more then happy to join you and whoever there.
The biggest issue with my range is there are no guests allowed to shoot. Now, that being said I can get silhouettes for a day and if you can convince your friend to have say...6-8 people over for a couple hours we can likely put this to rest.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
The biggest issue with my range is there are no guests allowed to shoot. Now, that being said I can get silhouettes for a day and if you can convince your friend to have say...6-8 people over for a couple hours we can likely put this to rest.
Please.........that would be fun! Where do you live?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Just come participate in the DV rifle rodeo....its a fun time and everyone who participates drops the ego at the door/gate...it should be a breeze with the longest shot around 500 yards (unknown distances) no range finders allowed. All shots are taken from field positions some targets are interactive some are quite small, fun is had by all.

LC