Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Great stuff guys, keep it coming!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
i got the impression he was agreeing with you. hence the quote.
Ah, okay that makes more sense and on looking at my post I should clarify that it was Eddy62's response that I found completely unnecessary not stuckinthecity's.

Back to the topic at hand.... this thread is awesome. Keep them coming!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 PM

last year I was deer hunting in 338.Two more days to the end of the season November 29th, cold windy day. Previous day and night there was strong north wind and drifting snow. I was walking on a path I noticed a big deer track coming from my left (north side) across the cutline where I was standing going south to my right. That was a big buck track. Heavy front prints. He was there just a few minutes ago, no more than half an hour. I was following his footprints with admiration and regrets that we have missed each other when I noticed something very strange. This buck tracks stopped just a few meters to my right. I was standing under a very big spruce tree and the buck tracks were leading towards the tree and it seemed that he had been trying to pass the tree on the right side when his footprints abruptly stopped, No! There were his footprints on the trunk up to six feet high. To be a little more precise, only four prints two about four feet from the ground and two about six feet as I had previously mentioned. The last twenty four hours were quite windy. Snow blowing from the north. All of the trees north side trunks were covered in snow. There was at least foot of fresh snow on the ground. The back tracks were very deep and it seems as though he was trying to pass the tree on the right side when something had occurred to him. His prints were leading in the direction of the tree however not from the tree. When I saw the footprints, on the north side of the tree trunk, I just froze. I was wondering around with my eyes to find something, anything to give me a clue on the ground that because it was so strange that I was looking for any excuse not to look up. Yes up; it took me a while to collect myself and raise my eyes. No. First I rise my rifle then my eyes. What I was expecting to see on the branches I had no idea, but if anything was sitting there and watching me I wanted to be ready for it. However, there was nothing; it was a very large spruce with massive strong branches. to support something but to support what? Later on I was laughing at myself and make a little story that there would be the fun in finding to see a buck sitting in the branch and asking me "Hi buddy!" "when is the hunting season over? Today or tomorrow?" That he was using the tree as a safe retreat, only that was later. At this moment I was trying very fast to make any sense out of it. I started with the left side for about twenty meters. Yes he was walking undisturbed. He was heading south passing the path to the tree, moving slightly to the right to pass and his footprint on the trunk. No fur, hair or blood under the tree. I was circling the tree to about ten meters radius, no tracks. Let's just assume that he saw the tree as some kind of his rival or something (it was a peek of the root) and started to hit the trunk. Let's speculate to find any, even the most strange explanation. That, to some degree can explain the prints on the north side of the tree. Only then what? Where did he go? No tracks leading from this place. In deep snow almost to my knees. Was he air lifted? Was back tracking? I have never heard about a deer backtracking. A bear, yes but not a deer. But no I have already checked his tracks a few times. It seems that he was airlifted or just disappeared. I regretted not having my camera handy with me.
Seems that I have spoken to many hunters and trappers and (after the usual laugh and asking me what I was drinking or smoking) none of them had come up with any explanation or theory. Maybe the truth is very simple but to this day I cannot phantom what happened.
To add on to this mystery that was no more than five hundred meters from the place when a year before, I heard some loud growl very long and scary sound I was hunting an elk and about half an hour before first light I heard this noise. I deliberately used this words howling and growling since I have no words to describe this sound. It was something I had never heard before. This voice stammered shrilly a sound of pain a crazy hysterical shrieking that made my skin *****le. I forced my terror down until it was only a sickening sensation in my stomach.
The creature had very large strong lungs. This sound lasted for more than a minute. Around noon my friends came over to check on me and have lunch together. I told them about the sound and after the usual teasing then laugh they went into the bush looking around to find some sasquatch but there was nothing. More and more laughter and teasing I endured. It was until our friend who owned property a mile from this spot, he heard the sound as well. It was three days later. Our friend have many horses on his property, one day he noticed that his horses were running amok.
Something startled them, as they were running trying to jump the fence. Barney, the largest and strongest, was very agitated. He was kicking the ground with his hooves. Like he was preparing to defend the rest of them. Something was amiss. Our friends went outside thinking that it had been a wolf or cougar. As he carried with him his 30-30. Only when he heard the unearthly howling, he went back to his house. to retrieve his 45-70 Gow. However the creature making this sound was gone. Jim has been living on this property for dozens of years and he admitted that he had never heard anything quite like it before. What was it?
Were the two stories connected? I have no answer.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Bump~buddy at work swears he has had shadow people in his room...wearing dyck tracey type hats and long coats...and sometimes squeezing his big toe when he is in bed......it's kind of amazing how many similar stories are being related in this thread.

bump
Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 AM

Just had a weird one this morning. A business around here is renting an old unused church as storage. As we went if I noticed the largest fly strips I've ever seen hanging on the outside. I'm talking 12"x20" or 14"x22" and absolutely FULL of flies. Full to the point of being black. The flies on the outside of this building buzzing around and sitting on the walls and roofline were in the many, many hundreds. I kid you not.
I thought maybe the metal cladding was warm and attracting them but the building next door has none on it and is a darker color (therefore warmer in the morning sun). The house next door has none on it also. The cladding is new painted aftermarket metal and is nothing special. To boot the flies are on the shingles and the wooden eves too.
It was indicated that in the fall the inside gets horrible for flies as they are trying to find a way in to hibernate for the winter.
What the heck might cause this phenomemon? No smell around exterior or inside to indicate any dead squirrels or sewage leak. No trash and inside of storage was clean with no biodegradeable items. Weird previous siding biodegrading? What else would naturally attract flies like that?
The more I think about how many flies there were, the creepier it gets. This isn't only happening this year either. I looked and only saw flies. I wasn't able to discern a variety of bugs that might be attracted to a light left on overnight.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin455 View Post
Just had a weird one this morning. A business around here is renting an old unused church as storage. As we went if I noticed the largest fly strips I've ever seen hanging on the outside. I'm talking 12"x20" or 14"x22" and absolutely FULL of flies. Full to the point of being black. The flies on the outside of this building buzzing around and sitting on the walls and roofline were in the many, many hundreds. I kid you not.
I thought maybe the metal cladding was warm and attracting them but the building next door has none on it and is a darker color (therefore warmer in the morning sun). The house next door has none on it also. The cladding is new painted aftermarket metal and is nothing special. To boot the flies are on the shingles and the wooden eves too.
It was indicated that in the fall the inside gets horrible for flies as they are trying to find a way in to hibernate for the winter.
What the heck might cause this phenomemon? No smell around exterior or inside to indicate any dead squirrels or sewage leak. No trash and inside of storage was clean with no biodegradeable items. Weird previous siding biodegrading? What else would naturally attract flies like that?
The more I think about how many flies there were, the creepier it gets. This isn't only happening this year either. I looked and only saw flies. I wasn't able to discern a variety of bugs that might be attracted to a light left on overnight.
Did you smell sulpher?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Did you smell sulpher?
LOL. Nope.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM

Some great stories guys. After reading through the whole thread I'm convinced we have a ghost in our place. We moved into this place about 7 months ago. When we 1st moved in the dog came downstairs with us no problem. After the 1st trip he will not go down the stairs. No matter how much we call him or coax him there is no way. I've joked since then that there are ghosts downstairs that he can see and doesn't want to go back down there. Also, some nights he will just stare into the kitchen with his ears perked up like he is looking at something. I've also found him lately just standing in my closet staring. Creeps me out.

There have been other things to that can't really be explained. During Xmas the gf had all her ornaments and decorations out. One night we were sitting there and all of sudden one of the musical ornaments starts going off. We both looked at each other like what the hell. This particular ornament you actually have to lift up and turn the switch to on. Weird but didn't think much off it.

Recently there has been a few things I can't explain. The other day we were sitting on the couch talking and I look over and the lamp is on. This lamp is never on. And I know for a fact that it was off when we went to bed. I had to get out my phone to turn the flashlight function on so I could see my way to bed. There are only 2 of us in the house and this lamp you actually have to slide the dimmer switch up or down. It wasn't on very bright so I though maybe the switch was just between off and on. Got up and it was slide about a 1/4 of the way up.

And the last 2 days I've been fiddling with the AC unit. The other night I thought I turned it off and went to bed. Got up the next morning and was looking at it and I noticed it was kind of between off and cool. Thought maybe I didn't click it all the way off. Didn't think anything of it. Now I know for a fact that I turned it off last night. It hasn't been working right so before I went to bed last night I turned the switch to off and left the fan on. Before I went to bed I listened out the window to make sure the unit wasn't running. It wasn't. This morning I let the dog out and decided to look at the unit again, it was running. Came back into the house and the switch was on cool again. Fully switched, right in the middle. I know for a fact it was off when I went to bed. Made the hairs stand up on my arms.

So I'm convinced we have a ghoul. Doesn't seem scary. He just likes Xmas music. Doesn't like the dark and would prefer to have the AC on. Things that make you go hmmmm?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM

Years ago I was working the night shift for a local canning company. There was a breakdown in the line so i went for a smoke. Nice night so I was just outside the building on the loading dock. I looked up in the star lit sky, in the southern sky there was a bright blue light. My first thought was aircraft, then it moved eastward quite a distance, no big deal. As I watched it went back west not moving at a great rate of speed. I got thinking, that is no airplane, as I thought this, the light moved back to the east. Same thing, slow rate of speed, now I know this in no airplane, maybe helicopter. Just as I thought helicopter it shot through the sky back to wards the southwest. In a flash it was gone. To this day I have never seen anything like it again.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:00 PM

Experienced something weird last night: My roommate was messaging back and a with a old high school friend that he hadn't talked to in years. They get talking and my roommate's friend starts telling him about another classmate of theirs. For whatever reason my roommate starts telling me what his buddy is telling him about this guy. Before he gets to the end and before my roomate had received the last part of the message, I told him he had committed suicide. Sure enough, a minute latter his buddy finishes typing and the guy had done just that. Immediately I got goosebumps. Very strange.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:17 PM

What my wife does with my money.... I called unsolved mysteries, but they said it's pretty normal and it's no cause for concern..
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 PM

Bumpity bump. Enjoying the read, don't want to let this one die!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:37 PM

Time to bump this back to the front
Old 02-04-2014, 11:50 PM

A friend of mine made me this cloak and when I got my rifle I put the cloak on and peaked out around the corner of the cloak. My girlfriend snapped the photo. Just before she snapped it I told her I was a reaper. We just about crapped when we looked at the photo. It was taken Christmas morning.
I'm not sure why the picture rotates to the side like it does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.3 KB, 481 views)
Old 02-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Banned

Missed this thread the first time around..glad it came back...some very awesome stories on here.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:42 AM

This is a great thread, glad I caught it this time and can add my story.

I live in Calgary but also spent 11 years in Fort McMurray so I've seen a lot of northern lights, always green, blue or purple. A couple years ago I got the call that my father had a stroke so my sister and I hopped on the next flight to Toronto. He was still living in my hometown of Trenton, which is right on Lake Ontario and I'd never even heard of northern lights there. The stroke was pretty bad and he passed away one evening with all of us around his hospital bed. He was always against smoking so I was outside having one with my sister that night, we looked up and I saw a bit of northern lights. It started small as they always do but they were pure white, like I'd never seen before. Suddenly the white streaked across the sky and was now a pretty big show. My sister was impressed but I'd seen this before, only weird part was there was no green, blue or purple like I was used to. Then the red started appearing with the white until over half the sky was dancing, I literally had to turn my head sideways just to see black sky. Right from the trees on the horizon to directly overhead, about 50% of the entire sky was covered and remember this is southern Ontario.

A little background on my father, he was about as patriotic as they come. Joined the air force in 68, flew Chinook helicopters for Search & Rescue, C-130 Hercs for Desert Storm and took early retirement in 95. He still worked with the Cadet program until he passed away. CFB Trenton is where all the fallen soldiers land when they're returned home, he attended most of the repatriation ceremonies and waved a big flag on a bridge over the 401 (Highway of Heroes) if he couldn't make the ceremony. He also wore red clothes every friday, that's another "support our troops" thing that he did and was proud of. Basically my whole point is that he loved Canada, it's colors and what they represent. What are the chances that on the day he passed I see the biggest display of northern lights, in his favorite colors that I'd never seen before, in a place I would not consider northern lights territory.

Personally I have never believed in anything supernatural but that was a pretty big coincidence. I still don't know if I believe in ghosts and an afterlife but it's comforting knowing that I could be wrong.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Very interesting stuff here.I have a couple storys to contribute.

A few days after moving into our current house we found the house key one morning sitting on the counter where we left it but it was bent in half almost a full 90 degrees?

About a decade ago i recieved a call at 3am from a frantic very spooked friend.
Him and his then girlfriend were camping in a converted school bus by a creek not all that far off the elk river road.They awoke in the night to the bus shaking violently back and forth to the point he had to hold on to things while walking down the isle to maintain his footing.
They had two large aggresive rotties outside that did not utter a peep at whatever this intruder was.
So they bolted to his pickup and made for town calling me on the way.
The next day four of us and his g.f returned to investigate.we could find no tracks or marks on side of bus and our best attempts at shaking that bus would bairly move it and we are four large guys.
So three of us spent the next night on the roof of that bus hoping it might happen again but it never did.
I cant get over how the rotties who i have never seen show fear or back down from anything did not react at all.
There are storys of bigfoot and hauntings in the area but who knows?

Last edited by BANG; 02-05-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Thats creepy. gave me goosebumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
I woke up one night from a dead sleep with the feeling that something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I paced around the house for a while trying to put my finger on what was wrong. It was an early spring night, the pastires were soaked with run off and what was left of the snow. The moon was full, and I could clearly see the whole pasture.

When I looked to the east end of the pasture I clearly saw two adult males walking across the pasture. Big guys, walking at a somewhat slow pace. I stood there staring for a minute or two, and right in front of my eyes they disappeared. Poof... Gone. I went out and walked around and could find no sign of them ever veing there. No tracks in the mud, no tracks in the slush, nothing.
They were in the middle of a 40 acre pasture and somehow disappeared.

It was some kind of strange... I still haven't figured it out. And I wasn't seeing things
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard steinberg View Post
last year I was deer hunting in 338.Two more days to the end of the season November 29th, cold windy day. Previous day and night there was strong north wind and drifting snow. I was walking on a path I noticed a big deer track coming from my left (north side) across the cutline where I was standing going south to my right. That was a big buck track. Heavy front prints. He was there just a few minutes ago, no more than half an hour. I was following his footprints with admiration and regrets that we have missed each other when I noticed something very strange. This buck tracks stopped just a few meters to my right. I was standing under a very big spruce tree and the buck tracks were leading towards the tree and it seemed that he had been trying to pass the tree on the right side when his footprints abruptly stopped, No! There were his footprints on the trunk up to six feet high. To be a little more precise, only four prints two about four feet from the ground and two about six feet as I had previously mentioned. The last twenty four hours were quite windy. Snow blowing from the north. All of the trees north side trunks were covered in snow. There was at least foot of fresh snow on the ground. The back tracks were very deep and it seems as though he was trying to pass the tree on the right side when something had occurred to him. His prints were leading in the direction of the tree however not from the tree. When I saw the footprints, on the north side of the tree trunk, I just froze. I was wondering around with my eyes to find something, anything to give me a clue on the ground that because it was so strange that I was looking for any excuse not to look up. Yes up; it took me a while to collect myself and raise my eyes. No. First I rise my rifle then my eyes. What I was expecting to see on the branches I had no idea, but if anything was sitting there and watching me I wanted to be ready for it. However, there was nothing; it was a very large spruce with massive strong branches. to support something but to support what? Later on I was laughing at myself and make a little story that there would be the fun in finding to see a buck sitting in the branch and asking me "Hi buddy!" "when is the hunting season over? Today or tomorrow?" That he was using the tree as a safe retreat, only that was later. At this moment I was trying very fast to make any sense out of it. I started with the left side for about twenty meters. Yes he was walking undisturbed. He was heading south passing the path to the tree, moving slightly to the right to pass and his footprint on the trunk. No fur, hair or blood under the tree. I was circling the tree to about ten meters radius, no tracks. Let's just assume that he saw the tree as some kind of his rival or something (it was a peek of the root) and started to hit the trunk. Let's speculate to find any, even the most strange explanation. That, to some degree can explain the prints on the north side of the tree. Only then what? Where did he go? No tracks leading from this place. In deep snow almost to my knees. Was he air lifted? Was back tracking? I have never heard about a deer backtracking. A bear, yes but not a deer. But no I have already checked his tracks a few times. It seems that he was airlifted or just disappeared. I regretted not having my camera handy with me.
Seems that I have spoken to many hunters and trappers and (after the usual laugh and asking me what I was drinking or smoking) none of them had come up with any explanation or theory. Maybe the truth is very simple but to this day I cannot phantom what happened.
To add on to this mystery that was no more than five hundred meters from the place when a year before,

I heard some loud growl very long and scary sound I was hunting an elk and about half an hour before first light I heard this noise. I deliberately used this words howling and growling since I have no words to describe this sound. It was something I had never heard before. This voice stammered shrilly a sound of pain a crazy hysterical shrieking that made my skin *****le. I forced my terror down until it was only a sickening sensation in my stomach.
The creature had very large strong lungs. This sound lasted for more than a minute.

Around noon my friends came over to check on me and have lunch together. I told them about the sound and after the usual teasing then laugh they went into the bush looking around to find some sasquatch but there was nothing. More and more laughter and teasing I endured. It was until our friend who owned property a mile from this spot, he heard the sound as well. It was three days later. Our friend have many horses on his property, one day he noticed that his horses were running amok.
Something startled them, as they were running trying to jump the fence. Barney, the largest and strongest, was very agitated. He was kicking the ground with his hooves. Like he was preparing to defend the rest of them. Something was amiss. Our friends went outside thinking that it had been a wolf or cougar. As he carried with him his 30-30. Only when he heard the unearthly howling, he went back to his house. to retrieve his 45-70 Gow. However the creature making this sound was gone. Jim has been living on this property for dozens of years and he admitted that he had never heard anything quite like it before. What was it?
Were the two stories connected? I have no answer.
That in bold ^^ made me remember something similar i experienced about 14 years ago when i went on a that time quiet beautifull fall evening in mid september with the water truck to bring water (like i did every day)to one of my pastures were i kept a bunch of 2 year old bison and a couple breeding bulls.
This particular field is on the outskirts of my ranch and the furthest from home. North and east of my place is only virgin forest for at least a 100 ml in both directions, and not a human soul lived there at that time.( today it is all oilfield exploration)
As i was sitting on the tailgate with my yellow lab beside me waiting for the water to drain in the trough i watched the bison come closer and some had started to drink.The air was so still i could hear the bison walk. Then all of a sudden the dog started to whimper and the bison stopped drinking and raised their head looking north and then i heard the most hair raising hysterical evil shriek pierce the air, a sound so horrifying and deafening it made my skin crawl and the dog got so terrified it tried to crawl under the tank. the Bison got really nervous and started stomping the ground ready to stampede.
That evil shriek rolled trough the air for it seemed like a eternity, raising in pitch and lowering then raising again till finally ending in the saddest whimper i ever heard and everything got deathly quiet again.

I don't what made that sound and i did not care to find out either, i booted it out of there as fast as i could.
When i got back home my wife said,..what happened!,, you look pale.
I said you really don't want to know,.. but i told her the next day anyway.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
That in bold ^^ made me remember something similar i experienced about 14 years ago when i went on a that time quiet beautifull fall evening in mid september with the water truck to bring water (like i did every day)to one of my pastures were i kept a bunch of 2 year old bison and a couple breeding bulls.
This particular field is on the outskirts of my ranch and the furthest from home. North and east of my place is only virgin forest for at least a 100 ml in both directions, and not a human soul lived there at that time.( today it is all oilfield exploration)
As i was sitting on the tailgate with my yellow lab beside me waiting for the water to drain in the trough i watched the bison come closer and some had started to drink.The air was so still i could hear the bison walk. Then all of a sudden the dog started to whimper and the bison stopped drinking and raised their head looking north and then i heard the most hair raising hysterical evil shriek pierce the air, a sound so horrifying and deafening it made my skin crawl and the dog got so terrified it tried to crawl under the tank. the Bison got really nervous and started stomping the ground ready to stampede.
That evil shriek rolled trough the air for it seemed like a eternity, raising in pitch and lowering then raising again till finally ending in the saddest whimper i ever heard and everything got deathly quiet again.

I don't what made that sound and i did not care to find out either, i booted it out of there as fast as i could.
Could it have been a Rabbit?
Old 02-05-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin455 View Post
There is reference that lots of flies are associated with Lucifer. Old church? Hmmm.
Otherwise, flies like cracks to hibernate in and seem to go to the same buildings year after year. Just like spawning salmon .
Old 02-05-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post

Maybe a whelping fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vuvkr6G2k

or a fisher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrvdzCGjbzw

Last edited by Red Bullets; 02-05-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
There is reference that lots of flies are associated with Lucifer. Old church? Hmmm.
Otherwise, flies like cracks to hibernate in and seem to go to the same buildings year after year. Just like spawning salmon .
That`s why I asked if he smelled sulpher......aka...brimstone.
That`s why the big strike anywhere wooden matches are called Lucifers.
I use them to fire up the wood stove,reminds me of being a kid up north.
Especially when it`s already -26 at 4:02 ,we are on Alta .time here.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:21 PM

From another forum (motorbikes & travelling) - I am not sure if you can see it by link without being a member , but its a REALLY great thread like this one…

Here is the link if you want to try.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=Spooky
Old 02-05-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
I have seen UFO's many times. The first one I saw was with my son and he said Dad we should phone NASA. We were way back in the bush. It was weird. Sometimes in plain daylight.

That nite the aliens landed right by our campsite and forced Whiskey and beer on me, it was terrifying. But they ain't bad guys. They will return.

I saw that movie when I was a kid where the aliens pumped alcohol into a persons body.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:28 PM

I remember on a couple of occasions but on separate vacations that I knew where stores were & how to get there & I never been in that city ever before in the USA. I did not have a map, nor GPS, nor a computer.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Great Thread. I was always hesitant to share this on here. But what the heck. An engineering friend and I were driving on Hwy 753 North towards hwy 16. This was in November during deer season in 337/338. It was about 2pm and we were heading in to check into the hotel when about 800 yards away we say a dark figure cross the road. It was upright and literally spanned the road in about 2-3 super long strides. I say my friend was an engineer simply because most engineers are factual people and not inclined to exaggeration. He looked at me and I looked at him and I asked, "was that thing upright?" Sure enough he confirmed it was. We drove to the place we thought it crossed and found that the direction it was heading was about 70 yards of open swamp and then dense bush in behind it. There's no way a human crossed that quickly then ran 70 yards and hid in the bush. That was a couple years ago with no snow yet on the ground so tracking was out of the question. I feel weird even insinuating what we saw, but we both agree it was very strange. No explanation for that.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Dunno how strange it is, but my mom thinks it's...odd. She's believes in reincarnation and some stuff like that. Not to a nutty level, but more of a passing curiosity. anyways,

ever since I was a child, I've been able to pick up most forms of weaponry and if not use it well, at least have a very good understanding and ability to learn it rapidly. It began with knives in the kitchen at an early age and then progressed to spinning sticks like a bow staff. Then came archery.

The "skill" became more apparent though when I learned to shoot. I never need instruction in how to shoulder, carry, point or operate a firearm. The "unexplainable" part came the first time I held a Lee Enfield rifle. I was handed it, and told to take a look. I had never seen one in person or even read anything about them. Barely knew what they were. However, with no instruction or pointers, I picked it up and field stripped it and put it back together faster than the experienced owner did. I also did it without really thinking.

Mom thinks I was a soldier or warrior of some kind in a previous life. Dunno how much stock I put in that, but it's an interesting thought to ponder when I'm sitting alone at home and the power goes out.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
Dunno how strange it is, but my mom thinks it's...odd. She's believes in reincarnation and some stuff like that. Not to a nutty level, but more of a passing curiosity. anyways,

ever since I was a child, I've been able to pick up most forms of weaponry and if not use it well, at least have a very good understanding and ability to learn it rapidly. It began with knives in the kitchen at an early age and then progressed to spinning sticks like a bow staff. Then came archery.

The "skill" became more apparent though when I learned to shoot. I never need instruction in how to shoulder, carry, point or operate a firearm. The "unexplainable" part came the first time I held a Lee Enfield rifle. I was handed it, and told to take a look. I had never seen one in person or even read anything about them. Barely knew what they were. However, with no instruction or pointers, I picked it up and field stripped it and put it back together faster than the experienced owner did. I also did it without really thinking.

Mom thinks I was a soldier or warrior of some kind in a previous life. Dunno how much stock I put in that, but it's an interesting thought to ponder when I'm sitting alone at home and the power goes out.
You're just a savant............................
Old 02-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Bump~buddy at work swears he has had shadow people in his room...wearing dyck tracey type hats and long coats...and sometimes squeezing his big toe when he is in bed......it's kind of amazing how many similar stories are being related in this thread.

bump
I've never seen shadow people but I've had my toes squeezed and shaken in bed while I slept. What a weird thing to happen. Freaky!