Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Default Have you experienced or seen things that you could not explain?

Did you ever get an explanation for it?

Mtngiants story made me think of this one.

I was driving to lloydminster on hwy 17 one time, looked to my left (west) and saw what I could only describe as 2 'rips' in the sky. They were black, kind of like a diamond on a playing card, but not symmetrical and matching. If you took a picture of the sky and tore out little diamonds, put black paper behind them that is what it looked like.
They did not move with my eyes, it was not the worms we have in our eye fluid, it was not a weather balloon or swamp gas, and not on the glass. I rolled the window down and stopped, and then it was gone. It was just weird.
I have no explanation at all.

Another one from the early 90's.
I was outside looking north, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a green flash. A few seconds later if faded, and then there was another, brighter one, both in the eastern sky. I made note of the approximate elevation and direction, time etc.

Explanation.
Through a bunch of phone calls I found out it was a pair of barium rockets that were launched, and they were amazed I saw it from so far away.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 04-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

YUP

When I was about 8yrs old and asleep in my room downstairs I woke up w/ an eery feeling.
I looked towards my open bedroom door and saw a shadowy figure in a cowboy hat.
He kinda looked like a silouette of the wrestler "undertaker" now that I think about it.
Never happened again
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM

My answer is yes. Was another reason to stop drinking.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:37 PM

I was dumb enough to buy into religion for a time, still can't explain why I was that stupid, but it was a great experience.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
YUP

When I was about 8yrs old and asleep in my room downstairs I woke up w/ an eery feeling.
I looked towards my open bedroom door and saw a shadowy figure in a cowboy hat.
He kinda looked like a silouette of the wrestler "undertaker" now that I think about it.
Never happened again
When my Dad died I had real trouble with it. I had a 6 month old daughter, and I was 26.
I had not had a good sleep in weeks, and was on the couch like usual, about 2 AM. I was wide awake, something caught my eye. I turned and saw my Dad's face, he smiled and was gone.
I never had trouble sleeping after that.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Yup.

17 years old, woke up in the middle of the night, big sister was standing at the foot of my bed staring at me.

Thing is, she was at that moment several hundred of miles away, and she was sick, so sick her hair all fell out. I was told later that her fever broke just when she showed up in my room.

It was not a dream, but I don't know what it was. I just know it was her, not a dream.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM

When i was maybe 12 or so back in nfld about 25 km south of St.johns, I watched something streak across the sky from one horizon to the other, about the same speed as a shooting star, but the brightness never changed and it had a greenish red colour. I told my grandparents about, they told me it was a shooting star or whatever. But the next day on the news, a guy in nova Scotia, I think it was, seen it too and called the Canadian space agency. They had no record of anything in the skies that night that matched the description.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Yup.
17 years old, woke up in the middle of the night, big sister was standing at the foot of my bed staring at me.
Thing is, she was at that moment several hundred of miles away, and she was sick, so sick her hair all fell out. I was told later that her fever broke just when she showed up in my room.
It was not a dream, but I don't know what it was. I just know it was her, not a dream.
scary similar.
I was in Red Deer, at a hotel. My sister was in the hospital in Lloydminster with Cancer. Mom died 2 months previous.
I could not sleep. No matter what I did, something was wrong. Watched movies, showered, wide awake.
At 3:00 am it hit me, my sister was dead. I called the hospital and asked them to check on her, the nurse said she was sleeping comfortably. I fell asleep almost immediately.
At 03:21 my cell rang, it was the hospital. My Sister was gone, she had passed a couple hours earlier. (body temp)

There is a connection Keg. I believe wholeheartedly.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
When my Dad died I had real trouble with it. I had a 6 month old daughter, and I was 26.
I had not had a good sleep in weeks, and was on the couch like usual, about 2 AM. I was wide awake, something caught my eye. I turned and saw my Dad's face, he smiled and was gone.
I never had trouble sleeping after that.
Similar story....

My lil woman's 1st husband died in a car crash when she was 22yrs old.
She said she used to see him through the living room window for a few weeks after his death. Then no more.
She still swears by this story to this day.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Similar story....

My lil woman's 1st husband died in a car crash when she was 22yrs old.
She said she used to see him through the living room window for a few weeks after his death. Then no more.
She still swears by this story to this day.
Did it help or hurt her?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did it help or hurt her?
It scared her at first but she says it felt like he was watchin her to make sure she was ok....kinda like a comfort visit.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 PM

My wife and I and another friend where driving home late one night on a dark quiet secondary highway many years ago. It was such a beautifuil clear night we stopped and got out for a smoke. And all 3 of us saw a light similar to a plane but moving at what seemed to be an impossible speed. It came across the sky, stopped dead for about 45 sec to a minute then headed up at about an 80 degree angle so fast it just left a streak. Pretty scary at the time, no cell phone cameras in those days but we all still talk about it every now and then. No explanation for that one.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
My wife and I and another friend where driving home late one night on a dark quiet secondary highway many years ago. It was such a beautifuil clear night we stopped and got out for a smoke. And all 3 of us saw a light similar to a plane but moving at what seemed to be an impossible speed. It came across the sky, stopped dead for about 45 sec to a minute then headed up at about an 80 degree angle so fast it just left a streak. Pretty scary at the time, no cell phone cameras in those days but we all still talk about it every now and then. No explanation for that one.
Cool stories!

This is great, no theories, no assumptions, no second hand recollections, just experiences. Thank you, keep them coming!

Old 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM

Yep,Last election I saw the Red Queen get elected even though nobody voted for her.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Not stuff that is unexplained but in the summer at the lake, when it gets dark it is amazing the amount of stuff that moves across the sky. Satellites, meteors, northern lights etc..., just amazing. Makes one humble to see the sky at night with no light pollution. This year I am taking my telescope up with me.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Where my money goes.

Grizz
Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Not sure if its too "unexplainable".

We were in Regina at my brother's place last spring and I went out to his sundeck around 11PM to smoke one of those little cigars, and flopped in his lounge. I was admiring the real bright stars when a small star-like "object" slowly came up from the south. It was sort of a pinpoint and looked like an ordinary sattellite on a polar orbit, and moved about as fast as any sattellite you might see.

I stared at it as it slowly approached and idly wondered which country it belonged to.

When it was almost overhead, it suddenly made a sharp turn to the west (I guess you'd call it a "90-degree turn") and then sped up till it was moving 5 or 6 times its original speed. I watched it till it disappeared westward into the downtown light haze.

To be fair, remember that the B-52 nuclear missle base in Minot ND is 3 hundred and some miles SE of there, so it might have been just a normal high-flying bomber that went supersonic when it turned west.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Yep. Hiked into the old mine at Nordegg two separate nights back in September. Both times were quite the experience.

Something that happened to me a few years ago- I was riding along in a UTV with a neighbor after checking our coyote bait on a lease. Going past a snow covered field and we saw a "wave" moving across it. It was just like a wave you would see on the water but instead it was snow. Hit a fence and it disappeared. Both myself and the neighbor were confused and a little shaken.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM

I woke up one night from a dead sleep with the feeling that something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I paced around the house for a while trying to put my finger on what was wrong. It was an early spring night, the pastires were soaked with run off and what was left of the snow. The moon was full, and I could clearly see the whole pasture.

When I looked to the east end of the pasture I clearly saw two adult males walking across the pasture. Big guys, walking at a somewhat slow pace. I stood there staring for a minute or two, and right in front of my eyes they disappeared. Poof... Gone. I went out and walked around and could find no sign of them ever veing there. No tracks in the mud, no tracks in the slush, nothing.
They were in the middle of a 40 acre pasture and somehow disappeared.

It was some kind of strange... I still haven't figured it out. And I wasn't seeing things
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Yep. Hiked into the old mine at Nordegg two separate nights back in September. Both times were quite the experience.

Something that happened to me a few years ago- I was riding along in a UTV with a neighbor after checking our coyote bait on a lease. Going past a snow covered field and we saw a "wave" moving across it. It was just like a wave you would see on the water but instead it was snow. Hit a fence and it disappeared. Both myself and the neighbor were confused and a little shaken.
Earthquake?

Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 PM

14yr old, late at night, winter time, from the north across the sky going straight south......an object that looked like an old sea mine......ball with spikes or knobs,......rolling across the sky. It was quite luminescent and easy to see.

Rolled across the sky from north to south going quite fast. Pasted out of sight with 5seconds. At the time I dismissed it as a satellite, but no satellite is that close or that visible.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 PM

I had a job in Rocky Mountain House and we worked through the night to get it finished....We finished up, and headed home to Calgary at the stupid time of 4 in the morning...I was driving back and my guys were fast asleep ..... I was starting to feel like a zombie myself and remember taking a longer than normal gaze out my side window ( To this day I'm not sure why cause it was pitch black out ) .....That's when I remember seeing a flash ....Like almost a picture burned in your mind but you only saw it just for a split second....I felt like I had just seen a deer feet from my face staring at me....without thinking I instantly snapped my head back to the road as I locked up my brakes..I remember thinking "there's nothing on the road what the heck am I doing"...but before my brain told my foot to let off the brake as I was screaching to a stop a deer showed in the headlights...the screaching must have scared him good cause his legs buckeled under him on the slick road when he went to lunge away...We came to a violent stop no more than a couple inches from the now fleeing buck....A second later onto the brakes and that deer would have likely been through our windshield....woke me up good.....still makes me wonder....
Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM

I've had a few but am reluctant to post.
After dad unexpectedly passed, mom went to a resturant by herself. The frazzled hostess seated mom and came back with two menus and asked of the other person with her was having coffee too. Mom looked up puzzled and asked" what other person"? The hostess went on to describe dad, he was smiling. Mom got a bit emotional and said that was dad( her husband), who just passed away. Both were a little shocked. She had never seen him before and described him quite well.
We like to think dad was staying aroung a bit to make sure mom was ok.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM

I have seen UFO's many times. The first one I saw was with my son and he said Dad we should phone NASA. We were way back in the bush. It was weird. Sometimes in plain daylight.

That nite the aliens landed right by our campsite and forced Whiskey and beer on me, it was terrifying. But they ain't bad guys. They will return.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post

That is a very cool picture!

Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM

i was in the queen charlotte islands in 86 staying in a haida fish camp in a cabin a friend of mine lent me to buy chantrelle mushrooms. about 9 am one morning i buckled over in pain .. my chest pounded and i thought i was jammin out .. i sat for a bit and then the pain subsided a bit and i went to queen charlotte city hospital to be checked out .. was there for an hr maybe two .. they said i was fine .. my heart rate was up a bit and said it might have been anything .. by this time i was feeling reeeeeeeal uneasy and anxious but they said i was ok .. so driving back to the ferry around noon to get back to the sandspit side and down to copper bay, i had massive and i mean massive pain ..i pulled over to the side of the road ..my heart pounded and i broke into a horrid sweat and then as quick as it happened i started to feel ok but i felt myself leave my body and i was rushing away from the van and my body.. i spiraled upward and someone was with me but didnt know who .. ( total out of body experience.. not astral project because i knew what that felt like) all the sudden i (my spirit/soul) was slowing down and came to a stop ... there was a brief moment that i felt someone else leaving me ... turning and giving me a reassurance ..i dunno .. and the other spirit was gone .. next thing i was sitting in the seat of my van .. completely lost and more than a little frightened, but at peace sort of .... i drove back to my camp confused yet relaxed sorta .. weirded out for sure and went and lied down and slept .. middle of the day .. that is not me .. later that night i was sitting outside by the fire when a car drove up and an old lady said that she had a message for me that i was to phone home right away .. i raced back to sandspit and called home .. my wife at the time told me that my father had had a massive heart attack earlier that day about9 am and passed away around noon .. exactly when i had the pains and the out of body experience..... i experienced my fathers heart attack and subsequent death from 500 miles away my father had come to me and i had traveled with him part way somewhere and was sent back .... i was close to the old man and miss him horribly .. tears roll as i type .. no one could explain it .. my step mother thought it was wonderful .. my wife of the time said i was nuts ..lol but it happened .. i have had a few experiences like this but not quite the same
Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 PM

I am sorry for your loss Thunderheart.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
was 30 yrs ago ... should not still effect so but was a wild experience ..it still brings big emotion ..lol sorry and thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM

Many moons ago........mid '80's if I had to guess....I went out on my front lawn to star gaze for a couple of minutes. Way in far out space I saw a small dot(light) cruising along.....it ran straight into another one and after about 5 seconds, came out at a 90 degree angle and continued on its way !!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
X2
Thats an amazing experience.

There are some great stories on here...one of the best threads I've read.

Makes ya wonder.