Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 10:41 AM

Talking

Trochu- I agree to a point

The last time I used my mitre saw for anything other than bird houses was in 2006 when I built my garage. Same with the table saw, air nailer and coil nailer. So- framing hammer, level, square, etc are all stored away.

I had thought many times I should sell all the word working tools, I will never need them again!!

I just in the last couple weeks shingled the house and garage, and completely redid the deck.

Now I REALLY want them gone, but I know they will be put back in storage until the next time I need them. It is difficult to get rid of any tools for a guy lol

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-09-2019, 11:42 AM

I hear ya Ken. I've got brand new woodworking tools still in the box, never even opened yet, and other stuff as well that was just 'too good of a deal to pass up on!'.....and some I got 15 or even 20 years ago! I've got a mortising jig for my drill press I've never used. A Milwaukee portable band saw that I tested once, brand new with extra blades, taking up space. 4 or 5 grinders (deWalt and Milwaukee)....I use two of them. I'm not even sure what all. All my tile tools I used when I built my house...sitting now. Tile cutter, wet saw....what a bunch of very useful and unused stuff! My dad's old impact from his tire shop. Still sitting. I've got two table saws, two miter saws, a bandsaw that hasn't been used in 15 years, planer, jointer....never mind all the air nailers (framing, 16 and 18g, staplers, coil roofing nailer)....if I ever build again I'm set! But will I? Probably not.....

Even my Miller 185 Mig is all nicely covered, under my stairs. Probably has less than 5 hours on it.

Tools are hard to get rid of, because someday you 'might' need them....

Maybe I should list some for sale...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone