Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Question What is happening with the Calgary Local??

Awhile ago we got wind that the Calgary local may be starting up and we we were wondering how that is coming along...Has there been a meeting? Will it join with the trappers way down south if there aren't enough members up here? Any executives chosen?? Southwest Trappin RG probably knows something! My hubby and his son are partners on a line on the Highwood and they would join...Also, is membership open to other interested parties such as ranchers, etc.?? Thanks!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 AM

I made a bunch of calls and compiled a list of people interested in forming a local. I'm waiting for Jason or Rob to take the next step, hint-hint.
I was entertaining having a trap / snare prepping get-together, anyone interested?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Don I never read any posts this week before going out this weekend. So I did farm chores this morning before heading to gods country and never read any posts. You should trade me traplines as I love to hunt there. Last week 16 rams only a few, 4 past a squeeker but next year there will be allot of 160 class rams. Today we climbed inton a large drainage with hopes of finding a legal one for my trapping partner, or an older one for me. We climed for 3hrs after leaving the 4wheelers and from 1000 yards I told brent that there was three and one should make the 3/4 curl. Brent and me went down a side drainage and came to 330yds from them and we had a real good look. Brent would have had too shoot it to really see if it was legal. Ther was 7 in the group and four were just shy of a squeeker. I got allot of good picks at 80 yards. Your cabin looks good looking to the NE, same as the view from the SE looking at your roof I will try too keep in touch.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

Hey Bud , If it's shooting your doing ., you're on the wrong forum
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Hey Bud , If it's shooting your doing ., you're on the wrong forum
You are bang on there for sure Doug....it's this kind of "trapper" that p's people off and gives the rest of us grief!! If he wants a line just to hunt big game on....take a hike!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 PM

Default shouldn't hunt on my line??

i wonder why i shouldn't hunt on my line? sounds like b.s. to me. does that mean i can't fish? or hike in the off season. how about mushroom picking? pan for gold? i spend as much time as i can out there, any excuse to get to the bush is good for me.

hunting on your line is great way to see the country. i suppose hunting chat should be in another forum, but if i a guy was hunting on a friends or his own line and wanted to talk about it, good for him. it's not wrong....in my mind.

pj
Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned

For the person who is a "Trapper" first, it does not have to be spelled in CAPITOL letters to understand the impressions created in others minds reading what we put to print.. But then there are those, regardless of the size of print, who cannot put 2&2 together without assistance.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:43 AM

I can see that the Calgary local is going nowhere judging by how off topic this thread has gotten! It sounds like all that has happened is that there is a list of people that were called.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 PM

I hunt, fish and trap, I bet 100% of us do. I am hunting in the mountains for sheep, anyone can hunt there, it just happens to be on Turbo's line, not mine and I also fish in the area. Just because I trap does that mean I shouldn't hunt or fish anymore?!? My trap line is 50k away to the north and I only have family picnics on my line in the off season (and so do hundreds of Calgarians) and all of it is foot access. I only access my line Dec 1 when they close access to k country to the general public and I am able to trap for 2 1/2 months without anyone around me.

Molly, the Calgary local was kind of put upon a few of us and we are really busy. With hunting season this fall and planned summer vacations that took all weekends for me and the family I haven’t really had time to do more with setting up the local. PM me your name, phone number and e-mail address if you're interested in joining and anyone who Don phoned please PM me too so we can have one master list, once I have a list of those who are interested, the cow town local will start.