Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Thought id see if anyones looking for a hunting partner im outside of canmore. gone to hopewell twice would like to go for grouse. Have gun will travel. Havent gotte anything yet so id love to go out and learn how its fone.

Hey just curious- I'm currently bow hunting. Have you seen any elk out that way on the west end of town? Or any area at that rate. I have a general tag I'm looking to fill. Herds are moving on from this area around Cochrane.
(There'd definitely be some meat in it for yah!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 07:33 AM

Hi folks

I am turning 68 next week and I think that it is time that I stop hunting alone although I am in good health.

I usually hunt 406 for ruffed grouse or rabbits and have a MD doe draw in that area as well as a general WT tag. I do hunt ducks and have a full set of decoys and other kit. I prefer to hunt ducks with a partner unless I am pass shooting. I have not hunted elk or moose because I do not have the gear or the partners to get the meat out.

I usually just do day hunts and have time off through the week (Tuesday/Wednesday) to hunt.

I am open to other hunting opportunities and am willing to partner up with any responsible hunter regardless of experience, age or place of origin. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

have a great season

Richard
Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Richard B

I have a flexible schedule and would deb interested in heading out with you on a weekday.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:15 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner/s and land for W/T deer - rifle

I am looking for a hunting partner and/or team to hunt with for the general WT Deer (and late season Elk if possible) rifle season Nov 1-30. I am a 52 year old, semi retired, Canadian Veteran who has many years of safe firearms handling and hunting experience. I live in the Edmonton regional area and am still relatively new to Alberta... especially good hunting areas. I have all my own gear and 4X4. Will travel up to 2 hours each way for day trips; although, am hoping you might already have an established camp and hunting area. Cheers.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:53 PM

Looking for someone to join me in Saddle Hills area tomorrow, Monday and/or Tuesday. Would be awesome to connect with a local landowner(s) who would like an elk removed from their property

pM me. Matt
Old 10-22-2016, 08:55 PM

Default hunting in saddlehills

best advice.look left.look right if u want someone to hunt with lol
Old 10-22-2016, 09:17 PM

Sounds like a plan lol
Old 10-24-2016, 05:37 PM

Default Looking to team up for geese

I'm a every experienced hunter, just not for geese. My 13 yr old son and I bought our own decoys and blinds, so we are self sufficient, but really are brand new at goose hunting. Would sure appreciate the opportunity to join some fellow hunters a time or two and learn the ropes. Live in Edmonton. Shoot me a pm if you can help, as I'm always on the site.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 243 View Post
Hello All

I have moved from Red Deer to Olds this past fall and would like to find someone local to olds or Sundre area hat would like a hunting partner and knows the local area around town for the 2016 fall season
I usually hunt alone but would like to get away from that due o safety reasons
I have hunted for numerous years and fully equip to handle most any four legged creatures i.e. own Quad, trailer Truck etc.
PM me if interested
Bump
Old 10-29-2016, 07:59 AM

Off from monday-Wednesday this week and looking to partner up to hunt 314 for deer etc... PM please
Old 11-05-2016, 01:49 PM

Default Whitetail

I know not many want to divulge much information about their hunting areas but I am in search of a hunting partner. 21 year old avid outdoorsmen. Just moved to Alberta from New Brunswick. Looking for a hunting partner for WMU 509, 506, or 510. Licensed guide in NB for the past 3 years. Tons of experience hunting Whitetail, Moose, Bear, Grouse, Waterfowl, and Coyotes. Can bring a lot to the table, looking for a serious hunter who would like to introduce someone to the area.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Anybody hunt snow geese near Calgary? I'd love to learn and have weekends off. Got my own truck, gear(no decoys or blind), licences etc.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF8889 View Post
Anybody hunt snow geese near Calgary? I'd love to learn and have weekends off. Got my own truck, gear(no decoys or blind), licences etc.

Very hard to get permission around Calgary area , I've asked lots of land owners , they don't want to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Looking for a puddle hopping partner. I don't have a great deal of waterfowl experience nor do I expect that from you. just looking to enjoy a nice fall day with a possibility of a few ducks or geese.
Hey Erik,
Sounds like we may have similar experience, minimal waterfowl and a bit of upland but have taken a few birds. Jump shooting is what I'm about right now, I'm a 31yr old, live in Calgary and can only really hunt weekends, shoot me a PM if you're still looking to get out.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamPang View Post
Hey Erik,
Sounds like we may have similar experience, minimal waterfowl and a bit of upland but have taken a few birds. Jump shooting is what I'm about right now, I'm a 31yr old, live in Calgary and can only really hunt weekends, shoot me a PM if you're still looking to get out.

All you guys in around Calgary looking for birds I'd be interested to team up as well if possible! Pm me if interested
Old 11-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Banned

Default Waterfowl

Anyone looking for a waterfowl partner. I have managed to find a few spots and am interested in meeting for a beer to discuss. I usually drive 2 hours to waterfowl hunt as I live in Cochrane. PM if you're interested, as I'm just looking to make friends and get out
Old 11-10-2016, 03:29 PM

Just completed my Hunter Certification Course and bought my first Shot Gun & I am looking at learning how to hunt for Upland Birds.

A Little about me:
I am 32 Years old, University Educated, Avid Fly Fisherman, Work in Real Estate, good attitude & pretty easy going. Having alot of free time during the weekdays and weekend.

Interested in accompanying someone willing to teach / pass along a few pointers on operating a fire arm & cleaning and processing wild game.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
All you guys in around Calgary looking for birds I'd be interested to team up as well if possible! Pm me if interested
Can I join the team? I've got a little bit of experience with birds and live in Calgary!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:45 PM

My name is Kyle and I'm interested in meeting new people to hunt with. I am 31 years old and am a family man. I have been hunting big game with a rifle for 5 years or so. I also enjoy shooting coyotes when my tags are filled. I don't have many friends that hunt and it is nice to have a partner to go out with. I have my own truck, quad, and gear. PM me if your interested in meeting a new friend and getting out.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:33 PM

Short notice invite to anyone heading SW from Calgary to fill general whitetail tags. PM me if you are interested in heading out for the day tomorrow (Mon 14th).
I am a respectful 31year old new hunter and would appreciate meeting some likeminded hunters who are looking to share some knowledge. I have the appropriate gear and am prepared to pull my weight.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:30 PM

If anyone near Calgary hunts coyotes and wants to go out after deer season, PM me.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:30 PM

Default Hunt this weekend

Fellas,

Anyone out there looking to go on a hunt this weekend? I just got my license and looking to get one hunt this year. Looking for cross bow hunting.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:12 PM

Anyone from around Leduc South Edmonton looking to go out Tuesday or Wednesday day trips want to hunt some Crown Land north of Edmonton if anyone has any good areas I have nice quarter of land by Valley View but the deer are hard pressed out there good Elk though

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Anyone from around Leduc South Edmonton looking to go out Tuesday or Wednesday day trips want to hunt some Crown Land north of Edmonton if anyone has any good areas I have nice quarter of land by Valley View but the deer are hard pressed out there good Elk though

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Hey bud,

I am from Calgary and i will be interested in going on a hunt with you. Can you please let me know? Thanks
Old 11-29-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahar6 View Post
Hey bud,

I am from Calgary and i will be interested in going on a hunt with you. Can you please let me know? Thanks
HI looks like my season is done for this year ,was looking for some land close to Edmonton to hunt deer on for a hunt for elk on my land next year, anywhey I'm all done this year thanks.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:23 AM

So I'm coming here with my tail between my legs... I was unable to fill my elk and whitetail tag this year so I'm looking to go on a hunt this afternoon or tomorrow to try to put some meat in the freezer.

I'm 30 years old, respectful, laid back, and not afraid of doing some work!

I'm looking to see if anyone with some "veteran" knowledge of whitetail country wants to come along for a hunt, or point me in the right direction to a location near Calgary that holds some does.

Coffee, lunch, and hopefully a celebratory beer are on me!

p.s. I know this is my first post... I've been lurking on this site for years, and I've ran into a few of you guys out and about. This community has given me some great info, and I hope to contribute to that in the future! Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by Moonshadow; 11-29-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 11-29-2016, 06:58 PM

Im going grouse hunting tomorrow morning, I'm from Edmonton. Anyone want to come with?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 09:21 PM

Default Assistant Available

Me: I was a skilled oilfield worker who is currently out of work. I'm an AB resident with a clean record and clean driving abstract. I do not draw pogy but I would love the opportunity to put food on my family's table without Gov't assistance.

I've got nothing but free time on my hands, a baby on the way, and would love to put some meat in my freezer. I'm also brand new to hunting since no one in my family did and I was never introduced to it but I recently (Nov 27th) helped a friend bag his first deer and I'm hooked!

I live in Calgary and am able bodied with a 4x4 full sized pick-up truck, a 10,000lb winch, a utility trailer (if needed), chainsaws, straps, knives, saws, and just about anything else you may need.

My hobbies and interest's include smoking meats, curing, preserving etc. Most guys use the off-cuts for sausage, but I would love to try some prosciutto, spec, ham or jerky. Premium meat deserves respect.

Perks: I come with a bunch of tools and equipment
Drawbacks: I've never hunted big game so I am there to learn although I am willing to get elbow deep in entrails without any issue.

Hoping I can assist you in spotting, range finding, gutting, lifting, lugging, hauling, portioning, butchering, etc. You name it, an I'll give you a hand. All I ask is for a fair portion of meat to make it worth the trip. Give me a call, Andrew @ 403-702-4888

Wednesday is the last day... lets get after it! Call me or text, even if it's late. I can be ready to go in a few hours!

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Banned

Default Coyotes.......Calgary south and east ...

Retired ....available 24/7 .....looking to
Get out with experienced Yote person ...
Bird hunted 4 days a week for last three mo.s
Now doggy time .....non smoker ....non drinker .
Pm me we'll talk ...
Old 12-03-2016, 05:23 PM

Thinking of going out for grouse monday near calgary. Anyone want to join?