Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 08:15 PM

Default Auto Body Shops

So last night I was earning a little extra money cleaning snow on some oil battery's with my little tractor, I had some big hunks of snow fall from the bucket and ended up denting my hood. I took the hood off and was going to take it to Gibbons Auto Body to see if they can remove the dent, anyone heard anything bad about Gibbons or recommend any other place.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:52 PM

I heard Cougar in Edmonton is good. But if the metal isn't too stretched, and there are no sharp creases, you might be able to pull it out with a suction cup. At one of the wholesale liquidation type places, they sold some heavy duty ones for body work, and glass handling.

The metal will be stretched a little if there is a dent, but sometimes you won't even notice it when it's pulled out.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 01-16-2017, 11:46 PM

In my days as a body man, those suction cups took out more huge dents and left just a minor ripple than you would believe. If the dent is bigger than your hand with no hard creases, it could very well pop out a large dent. The suction cups that have a release valve are the best, we would put some duct tape on our body hammer, pull and lightly tap the circumference of the dent after the initial pop.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
In my days as a body man, those suction cups took out more huge dents and left just a minor ripple than you would believe. If the dent is bigger than your hand with no hard creases, it could very well pop out a large dent. The suction cups that have a release valve are the best, we would put some duct tape on our body hammer, pull and lightly tap the circumference of the dent after the initial pop.
Reminds me that the same store and Princess Auto also sold auto body hammers.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!