Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
You found it difficult to vote in a federal election?

That brings all your previous comments into focus. Thanks.
If you had a clue you'd realize that the Canadian system for voting is beyond insane. A student studying in Vancouver but still classified as living in PEI for example, has to fly home to vote as they are unable to vote in Vancouver. No online voting (which the USA does) and the fact that someone without a drivers license has to jump through an insane number of hopes to vote is ridiculous.

Your lack or knowledge and intelligence brings your thought process into focus. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
If you had a clue you'd realize that the Canadian system for voting is beyond insane. A student studying in Vancouver but still classified as living in PEI for example, has to fly home to vote as they are unable to vote in Vancouver. No online voting (which the USA does) and the fact that someone without a drivers license has to jump through an insane number of hopes to vote is ridiculous.

Your lack or knowledge and intelligence brings your thought process into focus. Thanks.
You may want to read this:

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx...=e&section=vot
Old 01-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
was changed following Harper being revealed of his duties
Old 01-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

http://elections.ca/content.aspx?sec...t=index&lang=e

I see Weedy found it as well.

I wonder how many students spent $3000 on a plane ticket to vote instead of spending 30 seconds looking it up on the inter web? We could have saved Ben some serious coin last election if he'd just asked here first.

Last edited by rugatika; 01-14-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You're out to lunch if you think Harper did well for this country. Him and the PC's in Alberta are the reason we are in the mess we are. Lack of jobs, the fact that we went all in on oil when everyone knows full well that it isn't going to last forever at the $100 a barrel. Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.

Harper spent more money then Justin is even close to spending, not that I give a **** how much money the government spends nor should anyone, given that the entire world is in debt by trillions of dollars.

"Trudeau sends an immediate $300,000,000 to Fort McMurray and is committed to cover 90% of the cost of the fire. Trudeau fast tracks approval of infrastructure spending in Alberta to put construction workers back to work. Trudeau lowers federal taxes by 7% for the middle class. Trudeau extends EI for Albertans by an addition 20 weeks to 70 weeks total. Trudeau approves Transmountain and Line 3 pipelines. Trudeau pushes Energy East pipeline in Quebec, and promises that Keystone XL will proceed as soon as the US approves it. Albertans act like spoiled toddlers and throw a temper tantrum"

Continue your temper tantrum, its ok. He will be the PM for a long time, so get use to having jobs and an economy that is diversified.

Wow, the rose coloured glasses are thick.

The only thing Trudeau has done is give some money for a state of emergency. I suppose he did extend EI to the same standards of some eastern provinces. As for the middle class tax cut, it is lost with the Carbon tax, user fee increases Ect. As for pipelines, in case you didn't know the proccess in Canada just to get to the federal approval level takes years. (Taking credit for what Harper started and was going to do)

I suppose you didn't now that Harper actually got 4 piplines built while he was in power. I'll bet you didn't know Harper spent more on Canadians in his last year in power than Trudeau's first year. But don't worry, Trudeau is on track to run a bigger deficit than Harper in 5 years without a world wide recession happening.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
was changed following Harper being revealed of his duties
In 1993, Bill C-114 effectively replaced proxy voting with an extension of the Special Voting Rules so that all electors could use the special ballot to vote by mail or in the office of the returning officer. The special ballot is a registration and voting system for Canadians away from their home ridings, people with disabilities, prison inmates and any other elector who cannot vote in person on election day or at an advance poll.

See here:

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx...p4&lang=e#a424

and here:

http://www.historymuseum.ca/cmc/exhi...el_039_e.shtml
Old 01-14-2017, 12:46 PM

They should be scared of the young people voting they are all brainwashed from high school. I had a 19 yr old working for me last year pro NDP and liberal. Couldn't even reason with him and it seems all the kids in his age group I have met are the same way they have had this forced on them in school and can't think or see for themselves.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBL View Post
They should be scared of the young people voting they are all brainwashed from high school. I had a 19 yr old working for me last year pro NDP and liberal. Couldn't even reason with him and it seems all the kids in his age group I have met are the same way they have had this forced on them in school and can't think or see for themselves.
You think that's bad. I had my 6 year old niece telling me they were learning in school how Donald Trump was a bad man. 6 years old and they are starting indoctrination in public schools. (this is in Calgary)
Old 01-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
In 1993, Bill C-114 effectively replaced proxy voting with an extension of the Special Voting Rules so that all electors could use the special ballot to vote by mail or in the office of the returning officer. The special ballot is a registration and voting system for Canadians away from their home ridings, people with disabilities, prison inmates and any other elector who cannot vote in person on election day or at an advance poll.

See here:

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx...p4&lang=e#a424

and here:

http://www.historymuseum.ca/cmc/exhi...el_039_e.shtml
thank you
Old 01-14-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Yup. Some nut job tells them they can smoke weed, they throw all common sense out the window.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Banned

Default power?

Change is always occurring. The carbon tax will effect change but the burden is being placed on the tax payer.

It’s a tax that will reduce your income, its not going to make life better now or in the future.

Ontario seems to have failed in the green movement we appear to be next.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:18 PM

She cried and wailed and sobbed to him only to have him babble back to her about nothing.

Hopefully she felt better after he gave her a hug and she hugged the little muppet back along with pats on his back.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Change is always occurring. The carbon tax will effect change but the burden is being placed on the tax payer.

It’s a tax that will reduce your income, its not going to make life better now or in the future.

Ontario seems to have failed in the green movement we appear to be next.
Crazy, isn't it? Almost looks like some nuthouse hackers had something to do with Alberta elections - just hard for me to believe that voters in Alberta(!) can be that delusional. But then I read some of the comments even here and see that yes - they can.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsguy68 View Post
She cried and wailed and sobbed to him only to have him babble back to her about nothing.

Hopefully she felt better after he gave her a hug and she hugged the little muppet back along with pats on his back.
And all I could think when the lil potato was hugging her, that he was patting her down for the grocery money.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Teachers have unions for a reason.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
They start out something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our future.jpg (61.9 KB, 94 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-14-2017, 02:09 PM

Default Social engineering at its finest.

They are then referred to as "Useful Idiots" by the advocates of our social decline once they advance to this stage:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg not educated enough.jpg (73.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg marxist indoctrination works.jpg (42.3 KB, 74 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Banned

He kept deflecting to the province of Ontario.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Trudeau extends EI for Albertans by an addition 20 weeks to 70 weeks total. Trudeau approves Transmountain and Line 3 pipelines. Trudeau pushes Energy East pipeline in Quebec, and promises that Keystone XL will proceed as soon as the US approves it. Albertans act like spoiled toddlers and throw a temper tantrum"

Actually it was Harper who extended EI to 70 weeks during the financial crunch in 2007. Trudeau is trying to take credit for it.

So Trudeau is a hero for finally approving a couple pipelines. But Harper was an evil monster for pushing for pipelines......hmmmmm
Old 01-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Banned

Default Damn right

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
They are then referred to as "Useful Idiots" by the advocates of our social decline once they advance to this stage:
Social engineering has been going on for a long time.The latest product is the "snowflake" generation.Lots of participation trophies for all etc and no independant thought.Damn glad I dont have kids in the education system....am still paying for it though.

FTH
Old 01-14-2017, 08:25 PM

I love these stories, especially when fuel prices are skyrocketing for NO real reason>>why tax me to give it to well to do corporations??

Harper government has given big oil and pipeline companies more than $400 million to go green

Canadian taxpayers have given more than $400 million to some large oil, gas and pipeline companies in recent years to support green projects that are also boosting the industry’s environmental credentials.

An analysis of federal accounting records by Postmedia News shows that Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s government has offered these subsidies to money-making companies such as Shell Canada, Suncor, Husky Energy and Enbridge to pursue projects in biofuels production and wind energy as well as new technology to capture carbon pollution and bury it underground.
Subsidies by the numbers

Suncor: $134 million in support of biofuels production and wind energy projects.

Shell Canada: $120 million in support of Quest project to capture carbon pollution and bury it underground.

Husky Energy: $124 million in support of biofuels production and ethanol plant.

Enbridge: $23 million in support of wind energy projects.

International: $1.4 million in funding from Environment Canada to reduce pollution from oil and gas companies, including operations
news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/harper-government-has-given-big-oil-and-pipeline-companies-more-than-400-million-to-go-green
news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/harper-government-has-given-big-oil-and-pipeline-companies-more-than-400-million-to-go-green
Old 01-14-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
Social engineering has been going on for a long time.The latest product is the "snowflake" generation.Lots of participation trophies for all etc and no independant thought.Damn glad I dont have kids in the education system....am still paying for it though.

FTH

Thing is, from now on it'll be that generation making the rules and setting the standards. What was the norm even 5 years ago is gone forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2017, 01:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Thing is, from now on it'll be that generation making the rules and setting the standards. What was the norm even 5 years ago is gone forever.

Farts in the wind...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-15-2017, 04:00 AM

What I have trouble believing is a poster with "C68" in his handle is slamming the right honourable Steven Harper (still deserving of the title) and loving on Justin Jagger. Er.. Trudeau. Maybe he's a fan of having personal property taken, and agenda 21?

I do know that Harper delivered, for tax payers, gun owners, military, and Canada's interests. He didn't bend the knee in the viper pit of the UN.

He reversed the prohibition of Swiss Arms and CZ rifles, cut the tax that Cretien was promising to do for a decade, paid down national debt even though we went through a global economic slump and managed to upgrade military equipment while cutting taxes.

Then people wanted to change that... In Trulander's first 5 minutes on Sussex he spent 10 million on his temporary digs. Then he went on vacation. Took selfies. Came back and decided we need to bring millions (yes that is the plan) of immigrants from the most unstable and anti Western region in the world. (Just part of stacking the deck in his favor, Canada and her values be d@mned.)

Then he flew the largest contingent of eco warriors out of every other country in the world to a "climate summit". Closed door of course. Wait, wasn't there another vacay in there? Or was that after Sofie needed more help? Or I am thinking of when Fort Mac was burning?

It was definitely after the budget was balancing itself and we were getting all science fictiony rethinking science though.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:02 AM

Oh and thanks for getting rid of income splitting, JJ! You saved us so much money, that we got rid of cable.

Pureblood!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:20 AM

I "REALLY" question the fact of a $1000.00 a month for Hydro, or Gas, as it may be both. I know what my Hydro and Gas cost me a month and I keep my temp at 71 degrees all winter, "NEVER" change it and it is about $750.00 less. Now I know it is just a tax grab so that we can send what's his name to the Bahamas, but I really question this statement. To me it sounded like a "PAID" advertisement. GOD politicians are corrupt when they are trying to make themselves look good and the rest of the world look bad.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
I "REALLY" question the fact of a $1000.00 a month for Hydro, or Gas, as it may be both. I know what my Hydro and Gas cost me a month and I keep my temp at 71 degrees all winter, "NEVER" change it and it is about $750.00 less. Now I know it is just a tax grab so that we can send what's his name to the Bahamas, but I really question this statement. To me it sounded like a "PAID" advertisement. GOD politicians are corrupt when they are trying to make themselves look good and the rest of the world look bad.
Her story sounded pretty real to me, and the audience seemed to agree. Depending on where she's living, electric baseboard heaters might be common. One of my friends lives a few miles out of Elk Point, and his place has electric heat as back up. When he first moved in, he turned the heat on, and his first bill was about $700-$900 iirc. That was a few years back now, in a new, large house. And I believe it was in the fall.

Pureblood!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:49 AM

What I'm wondering, is why she would ask little potato. It's her provincial government (albeit same jerseys) that have jacked the prices all to heck with reckless disregard to the cost of their ideology.

After watching all that went on, in that province for these years, we still managed to get a liberal, substitute drama teacher in Canada's highest office.

Things that make you go hmm...

Pureblood!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Farts in the wind...

Wishful thinking?

Old 01-15-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Her story sounded pretty real to me, and the audience seemed to agree. Depending on where she's living, electric baseboard heaters might be common. One of my friends lives a few miles out of Elk Point, and his place has electric heat as back up. When he first moved in, he turned the heat on, and his first bill was about $700-$900 iirc. That was a few years back now, in a new, large house. And I believe it was in the fall.
"REALLY" Now I only heat 2000 sq ft in the middle of winter.
#1 what was she doing buying a house that large when she obviously could not afford it.
#2 Has the carbon tax made things diffucult? YES, by about 10 or 20 percent, 20 percent knowing that the money is going to pay for his vacations.
#3 I am one of those people that keep records that go back to 1990.
#4 The total increase from 1990 to now has been about 50% so I was paying $150.00 a month 22 years ago. I am now paying roughly $250.00 now!
#5 I may be out in my figures, by $25.00 but you get the point.
#6 If you have to live that close to your budget, time to get a new budget person.
#7 This is the first year I have kept the temp at 71, normally it is 72, and it is nothing to do with cost. I am sitting here in a T-Shirt writing this and the temp outside, at this time, is 10 degrees F or whatever that Celcious thing is, I believe after looking at my machine it is 10 below.
So I dispute the figures she is giving and knowing him to be an artful liar! it was planned.

Tags
you could be in ontario