Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Banned

Default Ontario woman complains about hydro prices to Trudeau.

Puts her faith in Trudeau to fix it.

Global news video: https://twitter.com/globalnews/statu...39808369725440

Good luck. Too bad some people need to learn the hard way.

(these events were well screened who got in)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Why is she putting her faith in him. He told her its a provincial carbon tax and that he hopes the provinces dont burden hard working people like her, and goes on to say. WE NEED to,WE NEED to, WE NEED to charge you for getting off fossil fuels, protecting the Environment for our kids.

Basicly told sorry, but too bad. WE need to charge you.
The Ontario hydro system is out lunch with Wynne's Carbon tax plan it is crushing residents. Maybe we can see a way out of the liberals and NDP in a couple of years.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 01-13-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Why is she putting her faith in him. He told her its a provincial carbon tax and that he hopes the provinces dont burden hard working people like her, and goes on to say. WE NEED to,WE NEED to, WE NEED to charge you for getting off fossil fuels, protecting the Environment for our kids.

Basicly told sorry, but too bad. WE need to charge you.
The Ontario hydro system is out lunch with Wynne's Carbon tax plan it is crushing residents. Maybe we can see a way out of the liberals and NDP in a couple of years.

MAC
Yep, a lot of "we need to" in there. When Trulander goes on the next Bahaman vacation, maybe they can ride their bamboo bikes over there, instead of that nasty FF spewing jet.

And next climate summit overseas should be someplace where they are worried about the ice melting. Everyone should be taking a self powered boat into the Arctic ocean.

Golly.... I just lost myself in a daydream, thinking of the little potato in a pedal powered boat spinning his way across the Bering sea as cold waves washed over him...... dreamy... I don't care who you are, that's something we can all enjoy.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Yep, a lot of "we need to" in there. When Trulander goes on the next Bahaman vacation, maybe they can ride their bamboo bikes over there, instead of that nasty FF spewing jet.

And next climate summit overseas should be someplace where they are worried about the ice melting. Everyone should be taking a self powered boat into the Arctic ocean.

Golly.... I just lost myself in a daydream, thinking of the little potato in a pedal powered boat spinning his way across the Bering sea as cold waves washed over him...... dreamy... I don't care who you are, that's something we can all enjoy.
Yup this grandma has to work 15 hours a day to cover her 1000.00 monthly hydro Bill and Justin just drops 4800.00 for air fair to a free Bahama christmas. But we all NEED TO. I wonder what the portion of the 4800.00 was carbon tax.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 PM

Got my gas bill yesterday Nov 2016= $75.00, Dec 2016= $72.00 Jan 2017= $140.00.
Darn near double with a federal carbon tax yet to come. Thats burning wood for a minimum of 12 hours a day. Hold on because the wild ride is about to begin.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:16 PM

I'm now in Kingston, Ontario. 2 days before the event I heard micro-spud jt was coming to town so, as instructed in a brief, hard to find public bulletin, I looked into 'registering' for the event on the site of the local MP - a couple of days before the event. Apparently that was the only way to gain access with potential permission to ask questions

I had some pointed questions ready for him, including one about how far back of Ft. McMurray he is going to keep standing (back in May last year he said he had our backs!!!). Aw, we know the answer - he'll stand safe and secure on some private island owned by a 'family friend' in the Bahamas
Another one about cutting back on TFSA's - as it was one of our prime investment strategies for funding our retirement years. He kinda handicapped that one!
And another one was about his heavy-handed decree about the cost of his 'green' programs in light of the misery his buddy Wynne, as advised by Butts, has unleashed on this province (and is coming to Alberta).

Well, guess what? I couldn't register for the event! It advised me that information about registering "would be coming in a few days", ha, ha, silly me. Shoulda known libs would find a way to limit attendance. 2 days before the event and the MP's site, where folks had to pre-register, says information about registering would be forthcoming in a few days!!! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.

We're doomed I tell ya !
Old 01-13-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Got my gas bill yesterday Nov 2016= $75.00, Dec 2016= $72.00 Jan 2017= $140.00.
Darn near double with a federal carbon tax yet to come. Thats burning wood for a minimum of 12 hours a day. Hold on because the wild ride is about to begin.
I'm no fan of this carbon tax but if your bill doubled it's more then just that tax that did it....
Old 01-14-2017, 04:40 AM
Banned

He should be holding his chin lower than a hogs chin on market day. Why is he playing with poor people's emotions in public. Just theatrics for him but harsh reality for the mother.
Now he wants to phase out the TAR sands like Jane Fonda.
I can see he is aiming for the head of United Nations organization whilst leaving Canada in disarray.
Really all he has done was legalize anal relations.

Legalization of marijuana will never happen. It was a ploy to play the young voters like a violin. Driving legal limits? Impossible.

Let's see what he does about the ladies hydro bill. Maybe she needs insulation?
An infra red heat leak program across Canada for free.

And he keeps holding his head up high like a proud rooster setting out in a fresh field of tall oats.
How much more can the people absorb.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
I'm now in Kingston, Ontario. 2 days before the event I heard micro-spud jt was coming to town so, as instructed in a brief, hard to find public bulletin, I looked into 'registering' for the event on the site of the local MP - a couple of days before the event. Apparently that was the only way to gain access with potential permission to ask questions

I had some pointed questions ready for him, including one about how far back of Ft. McMurray he is going to keep standing (back in May last year he said he had our backs!!!). Aw, we know the answer - he'll stand safe and secure on some private island owned by a 'family friend' in the Bahamas
Another one about cutting back on TFSA's - as it was one of our prime investment strategies for funding our retirement years. He kinda handicapped that one!
And another one was about his heavy-handed decree about the cost of his 'green' programs in light of the misery his buddy Wynne, as advised by Butts, has unleashed on this province (and is coming to Alberta).

Well, guess what? I couldn't register for the event! It advised me that information about registering "would be coming in a few days", ha, ha, silly me. Shoulda known libs would find a way to limit attendance. 2 days before the event and the MP's site, where folks had to pre-register, says information about registering would be forthcoming in a few days!!! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.

We're doomed I tell ya !
Thanks for sharing the info. A theatrical show. Travelling circus. A drama queen. Shakespeare in the making. For what? This is as low as you can go. Are Canadians that naive. They take us for fools. Then you havd CBC 22 minutes and the National that the poor Canadians watch all the time and get fed with just enough to make them feel good for another morning.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:05 AM

Put her faith in him? Ha! First mistake!

Only when that poor woman and millions of others like her realize that "carbon taxes" exist primarily to fill the trough, will it end.

Until then, more pain is required. Much, much more. People are very slow learners these days.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Exactly I really don't understand why people point fingers and complain so much when all they got to do is look in the mirror and control what they can control themselves...it's hard to do but easier to complain...little to no accountability for the common folk...complain about minimal wage or whatever not able to make bills but they smoke two packs a day and drink themselves to sleep...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Exactly I really don't understand why people point fingers and complain so much when all they got to do is look in the mirror and control what they can control themselves...it's hard to do but easier to complain...little to no accountability for the common folk...complain about minimal wage or whatever not able to make bills but they smoke two packs a day and drink themselves to sleep...
Correct and the people voted who they voted for. Problem is the 40 percent vote does imply total control.

NDP in Alberta was a democratic election. Funny how when people want change they go way off the deep end. Must be cabin fever or the drinking water.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:11 AM
Banned

It's too bad taxes are taken off the paycheque. It high time people in her situation start using tax dollars to pay for the government's screwups, before the government takes their cut.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Not that there is any complaining around here. Not like you are doing any of it. Like this nonsense.

Free
Old 01-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryguy View Post
I'm no fan of this carbon tax but if your bill doubled it's more then just that tax that did it....
This X2...stop complaining about the carbon tax people...seriously....its 4.5 cents per liter...if you are silly enough to buy into companies saying its going to bankrupt them and cause a MASSIVE increase in food, then you deserve what you get. Does it suck? Yup, but we do need to be help accountable for the environment and given that the money is going back into Albertans pockets we win on it through work and a rebate. "rabble rabble rabble screw the current leader, Harper was better he stole our CPP money and balanced a budget by doing so"
Old 01-14-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
This X2...stop complaining about the carbon tax people...seriously....its 4.5 cents per liter...if you are silly enough to buy into companies saying its going to bankrupt them and cause a MASSIVE increase in food, then you deserve what you get. Does it suck? Yup, but we do need to be help accountable for the environment and given that the money is going back into Albertans pockets we win on it through work and a rebate. "rabble rabble rabble screw the current leader, Harper was better he stole our CPP money and balanced a budget by doing so"
Obviously you got a rebate. Some Albertan are getting a rebate , whats happening with the rest of the money? They don't really say do they.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
This post is out to lunch.
The tax is more than 4.5 per litre on gas. Much more. And your post simplifies it.

Harper "stole" lol. Ok then how do you describe what the liberals before did wrt taking from cpp to balance the books.
Take a look at the amounts they "stole" compared to the Harper Gov.
I'll bet you will be hard pressed to find a word in your vocabulary to describe that..

Wake up!
Harper was the best we have had in a long time.
In my lifetime..

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My natural gas bill went from $99 to $134 that's a significant leap. So FYI; the other version.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Obviously you got a rebate. Some Albertan are getting a rebate , whats happening with the rest of the money? They don't really say do they.
According to the NDP media spin they are giving back 158 million to Albertan's through rebates.Same NDP media spin says the carbon tax will raise over 4 BILLION in 2017.....that 158 million is a pretty small slice of the pie.

FTH
Old 01-14-2017, 11:13 AM

It is enough just to look at Ontario fiasco, use some common sense and most will realize that we do not want to go in this direction. And yet there are people who will still tell you it's OK.
There is a saying: "People learn on mistakes, smart people learn on mistakes of other people"
Old 01-14-2017, 11:14 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Not that there is any complaining around here. Not like you are doing any of it. Like this nonsense.

Free
I have complete control of the things I can control which is my stability as a Canadian citizen, I don't reach for hand outs but I will help those who are willing to help themselves unfortunately some complain but don't want to do anything to better themselves other than complain.

Yup I am complaining or shedding a perspective that like I mentioned earlier take control, take care of yourself, then and only then can you take care of others...only if they are willing to help me help them help us....see how that works?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
This post is out to lunch.
The tax is more than 4.5 per litre on gas. Much more. And your post simplifies it.

Harper "stole" lol. Ok then how do you describe what the liberals before did wrt taking from cpp to balance the books.
Take a look at the amounts they "stole" compared to the Harper Gov.
I'll bet you will be hard pressed to find a word in your vocabulary to describe that..

Wake up!
Harper was the best we have had in a long time.
In my lifetime..
You're out to lunch if you think Harper did well for this country. Him and the PC's in Alberta are the reason we are in the mess we are. Lack of jobs, the fact that we went all in on oil when everyone knows full well that it isn't going to last forever at the $100 a barrel. Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.

Harper spent more money then Justin is even close to spending, not that I give a **** how much money the government spends nor should anyone, given that the entire world is in debt by trillions of dollars.

"Trudeau sends an immediate $300,000,000 to Fort McMurray and is committed to cover 90% of the cost of the fire. Trudeau fast tracks approval of infrastructure spending in Alberta to put construction workers back to work. Trudeau lowers federal taxes by 7% for the middle class. Trudeau extends EI for Albertans by an addition 20 weeks to 70 weeks total. Trudeau approves Transmountain and Line 3 pipelines. Trudeau pushes Energy East pipeline in Quebec, and promises that Keystone XL will proceed as soon as the US approves it. Albertans act like spoiled toddlers and throw a temper tantrum"

Continue your temper tantrum, its ok. He will be the PM for a long time, so get use to having jobs and an economy that is diversified.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
I didn't get a rebate actually
Old 01-14-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
You're out to lunch if you think Harper did well for this country. Him and the PC's in Alberta are the reason we are in the mess we are. Lack of jobs, the fact that we went all in on oil when everyone knows full well that it isn't going to last forever at the $100 a barrel. Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.

Harper spent more money then Justin is even close to spending, not that I give a **** how much money the government spends nor should anyone, given that the entire world is in debt by trillions of dollars.

"Trudeau sends an immediate $300,000,000 to Fort McMurray and is committed to cover 90% of the cost of the fire. Trudeau fast tracks approval of infrastructure spending in Alberta to put construction workers back to work. Trudeau lowers federal taxes by 7% for the middle class. Trudeau extends EI for Albertans by an addition 20 weeks to 70 weeks total. Trudeau approves Transmountain and Line 3 pipelines. Trudeau pushes Energy East pipeline in Quebec, and promises that Keystone XL will proceed as soon as the US approves it. Albertans act like spoiled toddlers and throw a temper tantrum"

Continue your temper tantrum, its ok. He will be the PM for a long time, so get use to having jobs and an economy that is diversified.

Ok bud. Harper was terrible because he stole money from cpp.
Do you know what the liberals did?

Please explain how jobs and the economy will be more diversified..

And take a read below

https://ktvharris.com/2015/05/21/ste...complishments/

Old 01-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ok bud. Harper was terrible because he stole money from cpp.
Do you know what the liberals did?

https://ktvharris.com/2015/05/21/ste...complishments/
Look at you, quoting a pro conservative website! Well informed I see.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Look at you, quoting a pro conservative website! Well informed I see.
This is part of the problem.
People have a difficult time comprehending what's in front of them.

Take a look.
I did not "quote". I provided a link.

You on the other hand did in fact do the quoting..
Get it together man you're sinking fast

Old 01-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is part of the problem.
People have a difficult time comprehending what's in front of them.

Take a look.
I did not "quote". I provided a link.

You on the other hand did in fact do the quoting..
Get it together man you're sinking fast
In providing the link to back up your argument, you are indeed quoting the website you provided.

As for providing links, take a look at the current economic problem facing the province or country. Your PC's did such an amazing job, and they may have played it smart by allowing the NDP and Liberals come in to fix it. Seems to be a thing, here and in the USA...let the conservatives screw it up, bring the Liberals in to fix it and when they are almost done we will vote the conservatives back in to take credit for it and then screw it up again. Rinse and repeat.

We are in a world were the educated, young people are realizing this and the conservatives are not going to last. The young people are voting, and that scares the conservatives which is exactly why Harper made it so difficult to vote in a federal election.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I got my Direct Energy gas bill. They list the carbon tax increase as $1.01 per GJ. The cost of the gas is $2.71/GJ. Heating costs are going up more that driving costs.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
The young people are voting, and that scares the conservatives which is exactly why Harper made it so difficult to vote in a federal election.
You found it difficult to vote in a federal election?

That brings all your previous comments into focus. Thanks.

By the way: How many times can you say "It's just 4.5 cents." until it would be too much? Because I've heard that a lot about every tax that's come down the pipe. It's kind of starting to eat into my take home pay.

Last edited by rugatika; 01-14-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
According to the NDP media spin they are giving back 158 million to Albertan's through rebates.Same NDP media spin says the carbon tax will raise over 4 BILLION in 2017.....that 158 million is a pretty small slice of the pie.

FTH
They're buying stupid people's votes, nothing more.

Tags
you could be in ontario