Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Banned

Default RCMP Drag 2 Seniors In Their 80's Down Stairs

This should go well for the RCMP in Coquitlam.
Too bad the entire incident isn't on video, I bet it would have shone a different light on the whole incident.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...cers-1.3827314
Old 10-29-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
This should go well for the RCMP in Coquitlam.
Too bad the entire incident isn't on video, I bet it would have shone a different light on the whole incident.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...cers-1.3827314
I don't care what the start of the incident was. Throwing 2 unarmed 80 year old people, who weigh about a buck and a quarter each, down stairs is completely ridiculous. The guys that did it should be in jailed for assault. If they couldn't talk them peacefully into leaving, restrain them, get a couple of Gurneys and carry them out. They are lucky they didn't end up killing the old guy the way he was being manhandled. I would be suing their asses off.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:52 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs down

Crappy situation all around, someone will be doing the hatless dance in the Chiefs office!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-29-2016, 07:55 AM

Always two sides to every story!
Old 10-29-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Always two sides to every story!
There is NO two sides that justify this kind of physical abuse of two unarmed elders. Even if the old fart took a swing at them it doesn't justify this treatment. This kind of police brutality makes me see red and I find it horribly embarrassing as a Canadian that a Police force that had world wide respect and that I used to completely respect has deteriorated to this level.

If the current leadership can't straighten out the RCMP,( bullying, theft, rape, sexual assault, internal sexual harassment, drugs, paedophilia, bribery and on it goes) maybe it is time we did away with them completely.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:10 AM

Nothing to see here.
Just like how they treat their female co-workers.
If the old folks we're part of my family. Those two pukes would want to leave the planet

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-29-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean2 View Post
there is no two sides that justify this kind of physical abuse of two unarmed elders. Even if the old fart took a swing at them it doesn't justify this treatment. This kind of police brutality makes me see red and i find it horribly embarrassing as a canadian that a police force that had world wide respect and that i used to completely respect has deteriorated to this level.

If the current leadership can't straighten out the rcmp,( bullying, theft, rape, sexual assault, internal sexual harassment, drugs, paedophilia, bribery and on it goes) maybe it is time we did away with them completely.
this ^^^^^

norwestalta

LC

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-29-2016, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
There is NO two sides that justify this kind of physical abuse of two unarmed elders. Even if the old fart took a swing at them it doesn't justify this treatment. This kind of police brutality makes me see red and I find it horribly embarrassing as a Canadian that a Police force that had world wide respect and that I used to completely respect has deteriorated to this level.

If the current leadership can't straighten out the RCMP,( bullying, theft, rape, sexual assault, internal sexual harassment, drugs, paedophilia, bribery and on it goes) maybe it is time we did away with them completely.
I, nor do I think anyone else is justifying the dragging of these two seniors down the stairs. The point is there was something else that led the two RCMP into doing what they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If they couldn't talk them peacefully into leaving, restrain them, get a couple of Gurneys and carry them out.
Agreed
Old 10-29-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
I, nor do I think anyone else is justifying the dragging of these two seniors down the stairs. The point is there was something else that led the two RCMP into doing what they did.
"Canadian that a Police force that had world wide respect and that I used to completely respect has deteriorated to this level.

If the current leadership can't straighten out the RCMP,( bullying, theft, rape, sexual assault, internal sexual harassment, drugs, paedophilia, bribery and on it goes) maybe it is time we did away with them completely."

norwestalta

LC

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-29-2016, 08:22 AM

Definitely was poor judgement on the PO's part. He needs to go.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Banned

More video:

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/coqui...s-october-2016
Old 10-29-2016, 08:39 AM

IMO Police training has become too American, based on American ideas for the American culture that increasingly seem out of place in the Canada Canadians have and would like to create. As a result of that and other trends today's RCMP no more represents or answers to Western Canadians than when they were the NWMP, whose creation was based on the British Royal Irish Constabulary and with the same mandate.

IMO Each province should have it's own police force, for the same reasons some already do and to ensure police are more sensitive to local cultures and concerns. Normally in Canada that means only Aboriginal or "ethnic" issues but I personally, unlike most Canadians, do not agree with raced based policing which is mandated by our our many race laws and agreements.

I would have liked to see such agreements and treaties where a persons parents determine what kind of Canadian they are and policing they get to be left in the 1800's but that isn't what most Canadians want so race based policing should stay. At the very least having those police answer to local political institutions rather than institutions thousands of kilometers away, away in distance and cultural ideas, would much better represent those being policed.

But all of that has nothing to do with the incident in question.

Whenever an incident occurs I have to wonder why the people involved thought their actions would be considered acceptable. Is management so slack they engage in such actions all the time? Have they just lost interest in the job and care not if they get fired? Do they have the proper training to do the job? We will likely never know as such answers are rarely reported by our media.

Of course we do not need to know the answers to know that it appears they should be charged and explaining that to a judge just as you or I would.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:39 AM
Banned

All that over a scuffle at a strata meeting? Oy.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:44 AM

Watching the old man hanging onto the stair rail when the officer tries to get him down the stairs shows that old people can be idiots just as easily as young people. The video makes pretty much everyone in it look bad.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Banned

Wow, that kid screaming in the background the whole time was just perfect. Are you sure this wasn't some kind of homemade horror show for halloween?
Watching that video made me sick to my stomach. Thank goodness someone got it on tape, or it would be just another day at the office.

In the interests of fairness, we did not see what started this, or what sort of criminal activity those 2 criminals and their tiny accomplise were up to, so it's really not up to us to judge.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Watching the old man hanging onto the stair rail when the officer tries to get him down the stairs shows that old people can be idiots just as easily as young people. The video makes pretty much everyone in it look bad.
If you wouldn't do it to a 5 year old, why do it to an 80 year old. Break the old bones and it can be fatal.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
In the interests of fairness, we did not see what started this, or what sort of criminal activity those 2 criminals and their tiny accomplise were up to, so it's really not up to us to judge.
From http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/coqui...s-october-2016

“It was reported that a strata annual general meeting had gotten out of hand and that some parties in attendance were potentially fighting,” said Maloney.

After police arrived, says Maloney, a decision was taken to end the meeting, but the elderly couple allegedly refused to leave and were arrested by officers.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
If you wouldn't do it to a 5 year old, why do it to an 80 year old. Break the old bones and it can be fatal.

I am not defending the officer's behavior, but if the old man had done what he was told, instead of hanging onto the rails , and making the situation as difficult as possible, none of this would have happened. The old man certainly wasn't setting a good example for his grandchild. As I posted previously, the video makes pretty much everyone involved look bad.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:58 AM

I see it different.

I see two people not following police instruction and apparently breaking the law. They were being told to leave and the cop was quite calm throughout it even when the little kid was running up and hitting him.

The age of them makes no difference to me - if anything, it implies they should have set a better example and followed lawful instructions.

I didn't see a baton, tazer, or firearm come out.

I think the cops showed pretty good restraint.

Sounds like neither of the people were seriously hurt.

I am not a cop. The crap they have to deal with on a daily basis is mind blowing.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Banned

There you go. Sounds like they were involved in assaulting someone, or at least brawling (which is illegal in AB, not sure about BC). Then they refused to obey a lawfull command to leave when told. On top of everthing else, all 3 were resisting arrest and I saw that little demon assault that officer at least twice. I hope he recovers from his injuries.
A good dragging, a heavy fine and a few years behind bars should show them the error of their ways. Just cause that old guy is 80 yrs old and possibly didn't even know what the hell was happening is no excuse. The law is the law.

OPPS.. in responce to Weedy, post 17
Old 10-29-2016, 09:12 AM

Pretty straight forward. They should have listened and followed orders. Now they will play the innocent victims in hopes of getting a monetary settlement.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
The crap they have to deal with on a daily basis is mind blowing.
Try being a nurse, or a doctor, paramedic for cripes sakes. Oh, poor police have it so bad.

They choose the job. They don't like it or can't handle it, feel free to walk out the door and not come back.

It's a job. It's a job that you get to be armed, it's a job that should be rewarding, it's a job that you should be respected doing - but respect is earned, not demanded.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Try being a nurse, or a doctor, paramedic for cripes sakes. Oh, poor police have it so bad.

They choose the job. They don't like it or can't handle it, feel free to walk out the door and not come back.

It's a job. It's a job that you get to be armed, it's a job that should be rewarding, it's a job that you should be respected doing - but respect is earned, not demanded.
This has nothing to do with doctors, nurses, or paramedics. You may as well add the service industry in there while you are at it....we all have jobs and they can all suck. The irony is all the jobs you mention have to periodically call the police in to be the heavy when talking just doesn't work anymore.

The police do not make the law - that is the purview of the lawyer and politician. The cops are only there to enforce it.

I doubt they cops are looking for respect, I think they are just looking for people to obey the law plain and simple.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
"Canadian that a Police force that had world wide respect and that I used to completely respect has deteriorated to this level.

If the current leadership can't straighten out the RCMP,( bullying, theft, rape, sexual assault, internal sexual harassment, drugs, paedophilia, bribery and on it goes) maybe it is time we did away with them completely."
Jeepers all work forces have gone to hell in a hand basket because there is no negative/positive immediate action. Just look at other agencies, work forces how they conduct themselves.

Hindsight is a great but like mentioned earlier in a thread two sides to this outcome but I say three sides, thier side, the police side and what really took place.

Grab your phone and miss the first half of the show, make it public and the general public bounces all over the place...like I mentioned earlier there will be a conversation with the chief, no dought.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-29-2016, 09:33 AM

Default Assault on seniors

Do you dpsee the kid saying "Asian, Asian?"' I'll bet the old couple don't even speak English, and that's why they didn't "comply."

Crappy for everyone involved, but like someone mentioned manhandling old people could be the end of their life.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Oh be careful what you say you will get a pm!!!
Old 10-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am not defending the officer's behavior, but if the old man had done what he was told, instead of hanging onto the rails , and making the situation as difficult as possible, none of this would have happened. The old man certainly wasn't setting a good example for his grandchild. As I posted previously, the video makes pretty much everyone involved look bad.
Thats funny. Grandpa was getting dragged down those stairs whether he held on for dear life or not. Then once they got to the bottom was it really necessary to immediatly yank grandpa up and start dragging him across the floor? I wonder how much air time grandpa achieved when he was tossed out into the street?

One thing I don't understand, is if they were going to forcibly remove those 2 old gangsters anyways, why not handcuff them first? Would have been much easier to control/manhandle.

Last edited by waterninja; 10-29-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
This has nothing to do with doctors, nurses, or paramedics. You may as well add the service industry in there while you are at it....we all have jobs and they can all suck. The irony is all the jobs you mention have to periodically call the police in to be the heavy when talking just doesn't work anymore.

The police do not make the law - that is the purview of the lawyer and politician. The cops are only there to enforce it.

I doubt they cops are looking for respect, I think they are just looking for people to obey the law plain and simple.
Answer me this? Why were police so respected 20 years ago and more?

Is it that we were taught to respect them? Or were they respectable?

I have nowhere near the respect for the badge that I used to.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Jeepers all work forces have gone to hell in a hand basket because there is no negative/positive immediate action. Just look at other agencies, work forces how they conduct themselves.

Hindsight is a great but like mentioned earlier in a thread two sides to this outcome but I say three sides, thier side, the police side and what really took place.

Grab your phone and miss the first half of the show, make it public and the general public bounces all over the place...like I mentioned earlier there will be a conversation with the chief, no dought.
Lets face the facts. All parties were wrong in this case. It does not justify treating an old man like that. Just like being a woman on the force does not justify being treated the way some of them are. Then there is the blue wall of silence. I have a few friends that can't wait for retirement.

norwestalta

LC

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
On top of everthing else, all 3 were resisting arrest and I saw that little demon assault that officer at least twice. I hope he recovers from his injuries.
They should have tazzed the little demon
Closed Thread