Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-13-2014, 04:19 PM

Default Edson alberta

I live in Calgary but am often sent to edson for few days at a time. I hike along creeks and rivers in the area trying to read the spots and get a feel of it as a fishery. Being new to this zone I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as I been skunked on the mcleod numerous times. Is that dog park with the large pool a good spot that's fed by the edson river, I seen fish subtly top feeding in the weeds and a few larger ones blasting out of the lily pads? Pike perhaps, I'm game to strip streamers if that's the case but trout is preferred! Thanks for any help or info to help me pass the time fishing and being away from my terrible alcoholic work crew that I can't stand!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 PM

Go to Ron's Outdoors and talk to Al Hunter about where you should fish and how

Have fun on your stay in Edson lots of great Trout fishing in area

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellingflyguy View Post
I live in Calgary but am often sent to edson for few days at a time. I hike along creeks and rivers in the area trying to read the spots and get a feel of it as a fishery. Being new to this zone I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as I been skunked on the mcleod numerous times. Is that dog park with the large pool a good spot that's fed by the edson river, I seen fish subtly top feeding in the weeds and a few larger ones blasting out of the lily pads? Pike perhaps, I'm game to strip streamers if that's the case but trout is preferred! Thanks for any help or info to help me pass the time fishing and being away from my terrible alcoholic work crew that I can't stand!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 AM

You're too far downstream for trout this time of year. Head upstream of Robb.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:36 AM

There trout in the McLeod at malboro just west of miller lake there is lots of grayling if u know where to go
If u pm me I will give u some guidance