Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Why wouldn't we enter the bush alone? Has there been people killed by them? If they DID exist and were a threat there would be dead people. There aren't.

Grizzly bears and cougar kill people. We know this for a fact. Yet we still wander into the bush. Lions and tigers and rhinos and polar bears and Mako sharks exist and they kill people all the time. People still go on about their lives. Why would another animal/humanoid change how we look at the wilderness?

I can't believe I'm even posting in this thread. It's like arguing with my granddaughter that Teddy Ruxpin isn't a real bear. There's about as much chance these things exist as Mila Kunis and I hooking up for a week of naughty behaviour.
How would you know that there wasn't people killed by them? We have heard that wolves don't kill people either, but there was guy from this forum IIRC that was treed by a pack, and another guy that emptied his gun on a few when they advanced on him, with the last one dropping just feet away.

Walked a couple hours straight into the bush to visit a hermit with a friend when we were kids. It wasn't a long way, but if he was out and about away from his cabin and got taken down by wolves, or something, likely he'd be never found.

Just like a friend's uncle(?). He disappeared from his trapline and nobody knows what became of him.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-24-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
While I can't consider 100 percent of them credible, neither can I consider 100 percent of them incredible.

So that leaves room for doubt in my mind.
It leaves no doubt in my mind that I find it incredible this post is now 9 pages long.

BW
Old 07-24-2019, 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=YYC338;4004700]
Quote:

Everything I posted on this thread (until you came along with your sarcasm) was in regards to asking people to back up their claims and statements with actual proof.
You seem to be missing the point of there being no proof. Why even ask, other than to be difficult? You could ask for evidence, or reasons why that evidence should be considered credible.

What's the problem with my sarcasm? You don't have any issues with ridiculing people with fairy and leprechaun talk.

Quote:
Didn't call anyone down and if folks get a little pizzy when they can't support their claims and get backed into a corner, that's on them.
Really? I must have imagined when you stated that the best thing I supplied was emojis. And you could at least use something original, rather than rehashing something I said about cartoons.

Quote:
If you're going to start stating "facts", be prepared to support it or don't make the claim. Wishes and sayz so's don't make the cut.
"Fact" is, you're making up that I pass Sasquatch as fact. Fact is, that I referenced evidence that "something" could exist, or did exist.

You're so busy nutswinging for Rogan, you don't even realize that what I'm saying and what he said are very close to the same thing. You didn't even catch on to his comments on drugs, on the same show, so just how does your commentary on his hold water? Is there an original thought in there?

Pureblood!
Old 07-24-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You want to know what’s really funny?

When they investigate all these guys who know what they saw, every single time they find hair at the scene it turns out to be bear!

I know you really want Bigfoot to exist, to the point all logic, facts, and common sense gets totally ignored because you’re so focused on wanting it to be true. It’s exactly what Joe was discribing.
No, I wouldn't say that I wanted it to be true. And my position has moved from strong skeptic, being nearly positive there wasn't, to being somewhat open to the possibility. Due to a little more reading, and a couple experiences.

It doesn't surprise me, or put me off in the slightest that when they've found hair, that it was bear. They haven't found fur every time, and I would consider most eyewitness reports unreliable. That's been more or less "proven" by studies related to law enforcement.

Quote:
Why wasn’t there a search party set out immediately after the Slave lake sighting? Or any sighting for that matter? Put a pack of hounds out there immediately after and track that sucker down. And if I had a gun in my hand I wouldn’t leave without proof.
Sure, you might. But most people would have trouble shooting. Even many hunters wouldn't. Human-like similarities, and shooting maybe the rarest creature on Earth, would hold a lot of fingers back.

Ever book a cougar hunt? You think that you could show up at a houndsman's place with no money, breathlessly explain that you're on a hot BF trail, and you need his dogs immediately without handing him thousands of dollars cash?
Maybe. But probably not. And how do cougar dogs know to track a BF? There are some logistic issues.

Pureblood!
Old 07-24-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
It leaves no doubt in my mind that I find it incredible this post is now 9 pages long.

BW
Weird flex, but I'm inclined in the affirmative.

Pureblood!
Old 07-24-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
How do you decide what a credible source is? Probably not by watching some of the foolish TV shows.

You probably believe that there was a Ragnar Lothbrock, because that is what you were told, by TV, but there is scant evidence he existed. More evidence existed for St. Nicholaus, yet you didn't believe that he was a real person...

Here's a list of tribes that describe a similar animal. Described as a real forest creature, not ghost or surpernatural legend.

Ba'wis (Tsimshian Indian Bigfoot)
Boqs (Bella Coola Bigfoot)
Bush Indians (Alaskan Athabaskan Bigfoot)
Chiye-Tanka (Sioux Indian Bigfoot)
Choanito/Night People (Wenatchi Indian Bigfoot)
Hairy Man (Yokuts Indian Bigfoot)
Kohuneje (Maidu Indian Bigfoot)
Lariyin (Dogrib Indian Bigfoot)
Lofa (Chickasaw Indian Bigfoot)
Matah Kagmi (Modoc Indian Bigfoot)
Maxemista (Cheyenne Indian Bigfoot)
Na'in (Gwich'in Indian Bigfoot)
Nakani (Dene Indian Bigfoot)
Nant'ina (Tanaina Indian Bigfoot)
Nik'inla'eena' (Koyukon Indian Bigfoot)
Omah (Hupa Indian Bigfoot)
Sasquatch (Coast Salish Indian Bigfoot)
Seeahtlk (Clallam Indian Bigfoot)
Shampe (Choctaw Indian Bigfoot)
Siatco (Chehalis Indian Bigfoot)
Skookum (Chinook Indian Bigfoot)
Ste-ye-hah'mah (Yakama Indian Bigfoot)
Stick Indians (Northwest Coast Bigfeet)
The Woodsman (Athabaskan Indian Bigfoot)

Along with stories and sightings of something from other cultures in different countries, we also have individual sightings. While I can't consider 100 percent of them credible, neither can I consider 100 percent of them incredible.

So that leaves room for doubt in my mind.
Every culture had beliefs and legends about shape shifters, spirits, ghosts, shamans, giants, aliens etc, etc. Sasquatch is just another one of these mythical legends handed down over the eons around campfires all over the world.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
How would you know that there wasn't people killed by them? We have heard that wolves don't kill people either, but there was guy from this forum IIRC that was treed by a pack, and another guy that emptied his gun on a few when they advanced on him, with the last one dropping just feet away.

Walked a couple hours straight into the bush to visit a hermit with a friend when we were kids. It wasn't a long way, but if he was out and about away from his cabin and got taken down by wolves, or something, likely he'd be never found.

Just like a friend's uncle(?). He disappeared from his trapline and nobody knows what became of him.

I'll make you a deal. I'll concede that sasquatch "could" exist the second after I see my first flying pig, leprechaun, or mermaid.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Every culture had beliefs and legends about shape shifters, spirits, ghosts, shamans, giants, aliens etc, etc. Sasquatch is just another one of these mythical legends handed down over the eons around campfires all over the world.
Yes, true, but that list excludes the supernaturally described things like the Windigo (or Wendigo however it's spelt). These things are described as existing more like a moose would be described as existing. The shape shifters, and the like were left out to sort out what was more probable.

Pureblood!
Old 07-25-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
I was thinking the same
Old 07-25-2019, 05:06 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Tactical Lever;4005476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post

You seem to be missing the point of there being no proof. Why even ask, other than to be difficult? You could ask for evidence, or reasons why that evidence should be considered credible.

What's the problem with my sarcasm? You don't have any issues with ridiculing people with fairy and leprechaun talk.

Really? I must have imagined when you stated that the best thing I supplied was emojis. And you could at least use something original, rather than rehashing something I said about cartoons.

"Fact" is, you're making up that I pass Sasquatch as fact. Fact is, that I referenced evidence that "something" could exist, or did exist.

You're so busy nutswinging for Rogan, you don't even realize that what I'm saying and what he said are very close to the same thing. You didn't even catch on to his comments on drugs, on the same show, so just how does your commentary on his hold water? Is there an original thought in there?
Wow, you really must think this whole thread is about you, don't you. Sorry to break it to you but I was talking about the people in general who say Bigfoot exists and have "proof" to support it.

Have you nothing better to do than drive up your post count? You must think it's some sort of measure of quality information supplied, but alas it's not even close in your case.

Haven't counted but I wouldn't doubt you've got the most posts on this thread yet nothing of quality or new information has been added in anything you brought to the table.

I'll continue to challenge posters for evidence and/or proof of existence but as for you, you're going on ignore. You're just a time waster.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Kokanee Beer

Has anyone in the area tried drawing the Sasquatch out of the bush by baiting him with Kokanee beer yet!
Old 07-25-2019, 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=YYC338;4006033]
Quote:

Wow, you really must think this whole thread is about you, don't you. Sorry to break it to you but I was talking about the people in general who say Bigfoot exists and have "proof" to support it.

Have you nothing better to do than drive up your post count? You must think it's some sort of measure of quality information supplied, but alas it's not even close in your case.

Haven't counted but I wouldn't doubt you've got the most posts on this thread yet nothing of quality or new information has been added in anything you brought to the table.

I'll continue to challenge posters for evidence and/or proof of existence but as for you, you're going on ignore. You're just a time waster.
Can't prove a negative, but it's been painful trying to explain that!

Oh, no! Not ignore!

It'll be a pleasure not talking to you.

Pureblood!
Old 07-25-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I'll make you a deal. I'll concede that sasquatch "could" exist the second after I see my first flying pig, leprechaun, or mermaid.
Fun fact: 2000 new marine species are found per year! Who knows, we might see something really freaky that spawned the stories of the latter.

It's been supposed that there are up to 5 million species yet to be found. Currently, we have cataloged around 1.7 million.

Pureblood!
Old 07-28-2019, 07:37 PM

I remember a few years ago a thread like this on another site and someone mentioned that David Thompson the Hudson Bay Fur Co explorer and map maker mentioned similar creatures in his memoirs of 1812. No X files or 1967 Paterson film back then
Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 PM

Maybe the old sightings were people wearing furs?

The reports of Sasquatch seem to be a lot.

For me thinking about how many people claim they saw aliens. Makes it easy to figure out it’s about people’s minds not something real.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Fun fact: 2000 new marine species are found per year! Who knows, we might see something really freaky that spawned the stories of the latter.

It's been supposed that there are up to 5 million species yet to be found. Currently, we have cataloged around 1.7 million.
Maybe ogopogo and locness monster will be 2 of them.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:01 PM

Silly thread, always amusing every time it restarts.

If there was ever ANY evidence showing Yeti (et-al) existance I would have a far easier time believing that they were extra-terrestrial. I read long ago and many times since that it is extremely short sighted and arrogant for anyone to believe without doubt that in the entire universe known and unknown there is a single planet that holds intelligent life.

I am just not sure why we would be sent tall fuzzy non speaking lifeforms that seem to have no interest in human civilization and have left no bones to be found anywhere.

Alien v. Predator is the only rational explanation I can come up with.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Banned

Default I gotta eat crow.....

I was in a small town in BC (I don’t want to name it because it doesn’t need the media attention) and I was actually able to get a picture of Sasquatch while I was there.

The face is a little bit obscured but you can still make him out.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:06 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Creston......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Creston......
Close!
Old 07-30-2019, 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=Tactical Lever;4005476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post

I just passed gas, and that is a fact.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I was in a small town in BC (I don’t want to name it because it doesn’t need the media attention) and I was actually able to get a picture of Sasquatch while I was there.

The face is a little bit obscured but you can still make him out.

Lol! Ton of Sasquatch lore in B.C. Signs, and stories everywhere!

Pretty sure on of the beer companies used to give away a baby squatch with every case!

Pureblood!
Old 07-31-2019, 06:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lol! Ton of Sasquatch lore in B.C. Signs, and stories everywhere!

You’d think with the reward money and the amount of weed being smoked here that surely someone would have come up with some evidence hey? Weird.....
Old 07-31-2019, 02:26 PM

Todd standing must have been in the US again....

https://globalnews.ca/news/5708850/b...national-park/

That'd be quite the wake-up call!!
Old 07-31-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Todd standing must have been in the US again....

https://globalnews.ca/news/5708850/b...national-park/

That'd be quite the wake-up call!!

Story says a lot about Sasquatch believers I'd say. Maybe even more about the paranoia that exists in the US where millions think they have to have a gun every place they go. What a country.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Story says a lot about Sasquatch believers I'd say. Maybe even more about the paranoia that exists in the US where millions think they have to have a gun every place they go. What a country.
Fire extinguishers,seat belts,helmets,flack jackets and first aid kits are also evil right ?????
Old 07-31-2019, 07:36 PM

And steel toed boots, air bags , air port security, brinks security,armed guards ect,etc,etc,ect .:sHa_sarca sticlol:
Old 07-31-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
Fire extinguishers,seat belts,helmets,flack jackets and first aid kits are also evil right ?????

I could swear the cat was just trying hard to talk to me.

He was making more sense than your post.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:28 PM

I often wonder... do you think Bigfoot males have the human type penis or those red rocket types like on a dog? Doesn’t really matter. I’ll be running either way.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I often wonder... do you think Bigfoot males have the human type penis or those red rocket types like on a dog? Doesn’t really matter. I’ll be running either way.
Just go to Hamster and search BIGFOOT and you'll see all sorts of what you are looking for...or corn-hub