Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 09:32 PM

Default Looking for a bison hunting partner

To whom may be interested

I received a bison hunting draw this year and was all booked to go with my regular hunting partner but have just found out tonight that he has been sidelined with medical issues. I'm very keen to go so am therefore needing to find another willing partner.

I'm looking for one or two persons interested in joining me for this hunt. I want the majority of the hide (looking to do a square hide rug) and 1/2 the animal but the full head and 1/2 the animal is up for my potential partner.

If your interested and up for a early Jan. hunt then message me

Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 PM

If I didn't have the tag myself I would jump all over this. I'm heading up early January and am excited but dreading it after the buffs on the ground. I'm sure you will find a crazy individual who would love this hunt.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 AM

whats your plans as far as lodging and equipment your bringing, would you be interested it filming it. ?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 AM

I got drawn with one of my hunting partners in the first year. Was great got 2 good bulls, one with bow the other with muzzleloader. Another of the guys we hunt with got drawn in year 2 & got a good bull too. It's pretty cool.
Go prepared for everything, we shot our bulls in +8 the next year was -40, so cold the sleds wouldn't run.
Talk to any operator you can, and give them a business card, we found them to be very open for the most part. They drive the roads all day and some will let you know what they are seeing.
The CO's are very good too. They will take your number and call you as well. It's nice to have the extra eyes as it's a big area. Cel signal is great! we had it almost everywhere.
If you can try to stay in ZamaCity in one of the 'camps' which are glorified hotels with a mess hall for meals. Some guys stay in High Level, but it's a drive...
We quartered ours where they dropped just with knives, like a moose. Thick hide, lots of hair and a ton of guts. The hump is basically sinew and tendons. The hinds are surprisingly small for such a large animal, you'll be amazed how much is in the body cavity.