Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM

Default Looking for someone to show me Natural traps

Hey. So Im looking for someone who knows their stuff, and can teach me how to set up traps out of what you would find in the woods (Tree's,branches,rocks) I am also interested in learning how to skin, and make jerky. I plan on living in the woods for a while, but I realize there is much I need to learn. I have seen many traps done on shows such as survivorman but When it comes to actually doing it, I have to learn hands on. If anyone has any extra time and may live close to me, I would love to learn.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:17 PM

You would liove "THE SAS SURVIVAL HANDBOOK" By John Wiseman

Excellent book for what you are looking for.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 AM

Default Living in the bush

Talk to or get books by Mors Kochanski he lives about 100 km west of Edmonton. He is a Wilderness Living Skills Instructor. He gave classes to normal people as well as the military in several country's. You could drop him off by chopper in the middle of winter almost anywhere and pick him up in spring,or he would probably show up somewhere by himself. Very interesting fellow.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
Talk to or get books by Mors Kochanski he lives about 100 km west of Edmonton. He is a Wilderness Living Skills Instructor. He gave classes to normal people as well as the military in several country's. You could drop him off by chopper in the middle of winter almost anywhere and pick him up in spring,or he would probably show up somewhere by himself. Very interesting fellow.
Thanks very much guys, I will definately have to pick up some books. This guy you speak of sounds like quite the outdoorsman. I would love to pick his brain.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 AM

Mors is a great guy with an amazing knowledge of wilderness survival. I have taken a number of courses through him. He wrote the Northern Bushcraft books.