Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2018, 12:56 PM

Default Bighorn Backcountry New Proposal

They announced today consultations are open for the BigHorn Backcountry there is a joke of a survey but take time to let them know how we feel.

https://talkaep.alberta.ca/bighorn-country
Old 11-23-2018, 01:26 PM

All I can say is they should not waist there time on this closer this is last straw get them out of office, come March
Old 11-23-2018, 03:02 PM

Brutal! Not a fan of the proposal or the ridiculous survey.

Last edited by LJalberta; 11-23-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:09 PM

Ya Ha Tinda Provincial Park

Doesn't even make sense, they want to protect land owned by Parks Canada ?

Grizz
Old 11-23-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Ya Ha Tinda Provincial Park

Doesn't even make sense, they want to protect land owned by Parks Canada ?

Grizz
When I looked at the maps it was the area East of the ranch but didn't include Ranch property.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Excellent idea, anytime we can protect the natural beauty of thisprovince we should. Another forward thinking great idea. All in!
Old 11-23-2018, 06:23 PM

Default "survey"

That farce was no survey. Just gathering data. I sure hope that is not what they consider "consulting" Albertan's. If that is the case, it is a slap in the face.
They weren't asking for any comments, but there was plenty of space in the "other" sections to submit my feelings about their pandering to the Y2Y agenda.
The next election can't come too soon!
Old 11-23-2018, 07:57 PM

Filled it out. And let them know how I REALLY feel. After this castle BS I'll never support another bloody park!!
Old 11-23-2018, 07:59 PM

FWIW I also reminded them that I can't wait till may 2019
Old 11-23-2018, 08:04 PM

Before jumping to conclusions look at the proposal. I support it.

Those claiming Y2Y conspiracies should take a look at see that hunting is supported in the VAST majority of any of the areas. Most of the areas that would be covered by the PP you can't hunt already due to a wildlife corridor.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:13 PM

I did. Was the same BS they fed us on the castle. Smoke and mirrors until it's all shut down.and dont kid yourself, they have a final plan.They feed us the crap about always wanting to save everything for the next generation and so on, but you know what? I'm a dam Alberta tax payer and I want to be able to enjoy the crown land like I have for my lifetime. And trust me I am a steward of the land. So it will be left in good hands. I'm just so sick of the way this govt is handling our public lands with a one sided agenda supporting the anti's and y2y . Like I've always said from the beginning of this NDP govt, we as outdoorsmen need to stand up to this BS!
Old 11-23-2018, 08:42 PM

So one party wants to protect the outdoors and another group wants to sell off crown land. And everyone around here prefers the latter?

Ive spent alot of time in that country. First set of breasts I ever saw were a group of skinny dippers swimming topless in Eagle Lake. They weren't very nice but my ten year old jaw hit the saddle horn pretty hard. Good thing the horse was driving. Spent some beauty nights listening to some bull elks bungling along the panther. Even thought I saw a sasquatch once! Turns out he was just French...

Any of you guys been out that way lately? They're poking holes all over that damn country. Jack holes washing their quads in small streams, truck campers burned and left behind and ass wipe off of every trail. We could use a park. I certainly dont want to lose access but I'd love to see increased enforcement with larger fines.

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong but I'd rather protect things than sell to the highest bidder.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
So one party wants to protect the outdoors and another group wants to sell off crown land. And everyone around here prefers the latter?

Ive spent alot of time in that country. First set of breasts I ever saw were a group of skinny dippers swimming topless in Eagle Lake. They weren't very nice but my ten year old jaw hit the saddle horn pretty hard. Good thing the horse was driving. Spent some beauty nights listening to some bull elks bungling along the panther. Even thought I saw a sasquatch once! Turns out he was just French...

Any of you guys been out that way lately? They're poking holes all over that damn country. Jack holes washing their quads in small streams, truck campers burned and left behind and ass wipe off of every trail. We could use a park. I certainly dont want to lose access but I'd love to see increased enforcement with larger fines.

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong but I'd rather protect things than sell to the highest bidder.
Indeed. It’s easier to back away from this plan than to reclaim crown land.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post

You are not seeing it wrong. But everyone see’s it from a different angle. Not sure where we end up.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolyoldbugger View Post
Excellent idea, anytime we can protect the natural beauty of thisprovince we should. Another forward thinking great idea. All in!
As long as it doesn't tread on our toes too much. We have areas set aside as Wilderness areas, back in the sixties, that are virtually inaccessible, except to very few. Kluane, in the Yukon is a national park, but unless you have weeks of time, or the cost of an airplane trip, you just have to look at it from the highway.

Grizz
Old 11-24-2018, 07:38 AM

I thought the province was broke. Where are they getting all this money to make all these new parks. It seems like Shannon has an open cheque book with our money. We need someone to make Alberta great again.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:36 AM
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong (I've only spent a few weekends in this region) but these are currently areas that Albertans use for cheap/free and now the government wants to increase restrictions on them and surely start charging us more as well.

Many here will support it because they don't like the activities their neighbors engage in in these areas. Go government go! Screw my immoral/bad/evil neighbors!

Meanwhile your neighbors aren't going to stop quadding, they'll just move somewhere else. And there are already plenty of parks if you want to pay the government $30/night to camp.

Notley is laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersteve View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong (I've only spent a few weekends in this region) but these are currently areas that Albertans use for cheap/free and now the government wants to increase restrictions on them and surely start charging us more as well.

Many here will support it because they don't like the activities their neighbors engage in in these areas. Go government go! Screw my immoral/bad/evil neighbors!

Meanwhile your neighbors aren't going to stop quadding, they'll just move somewhere else. And there are already plenty of parks if you want to pay the government $30/night to camp.

Notley is laughing all the way to the bank.
Easy Vern. Some of us just want more enforcement and less jerks wrecking things.

And as for parks there isnt plenty, and I'm not against random camping. I'm against people wrecking stuff.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:44 AM

My opinion right now,
As bighorn area is my playground for last 15 years.

I’m on the fence.
I do like the plan as the area is getting busier and it’s not made to handle all the pressure. It is a beautiful area and should have limits to protect that.
I also like that it is still rustic and you do have the freedom to do what you want out there. You can’t just go there and figure out things as you go. Half the signs out there are rock cairns by hikers.

Took a canoe trip from Nordegg this year and timber cutting is right down to the river. Looked like shat. All views from the river should have been preserved. Lots of history on that river.

Yes, we are broke. Is this a time to build when economy is slow? Maybe.

Tough choices. My vote right now is going for ucp, just because government is getting too big.
Kenney has not said his position on this yet (that I can find) so his position will be what people say.
I think the candidates should all state their platforms and call an election in early 2019 and let the voters decide where Alberta’s going.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:01 AM
Banned

Oh I let them know how I feel about their proposed plans alright, believe you me.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:27 AM

if it protects this area from logging and cattle grazing I am all for it.

Logging and cattle grazing destroys crown land. I see it everytime I go hunting.
Even the wild horses destroy the game trails because they defecate everywhere.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:49 PM

It’s this type of crap that just shows how out of touch society has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Banned

I support there cause!
Old 11-24-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pickereled View Post
It’s this type of crap that just shows how out of touch society has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or maybe how out of touch you are?