Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Default Taxes ? on a trapline??

Are any other trappers getting a tax notice from their MD? I recieved a notice for Residential 117.25 and school residential 81.41 . My line is in the forestry the only schools are fish
Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 AM

never heard of anything like that.I file my trapping income and expences with the income tax guys tough.I also pay the forestry my MLP's for my cabins annually.Of course I also renew my RFMA every year with Fish and Wildlife. that should be enough taxes in my books.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 PM

My wife is an accountant and we have owned two didfferent lines around your area and never had anything like that sent to us. You do have the best and biggest schools of cutties and the biggest bullies in the southern province. Mabe you should start a new job and be the principal for the fish, would gladdly be the vice. SWT:>
Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South west trappin RG View Post
My wife is an accountant and we have owned two didfferent lines around your area and never had anything like that sent to us. You do have the best and biggest schools of cutties and the biggest bullies in the southern province. Mabe you should start a new job and be the principal for the fish, would gladdly be the vice. SWT:>
Rod, that's tooo funny

I talked to a gent from Ranchlands MD66 and I asked him what I get for $200. Replys ,You get some gravel on the Hwy 940. Since the road is only maintained 7 months of the year I should recieve a partial refund
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Default road for my taxes

The county put gravel on our road but the partridges ate it for grit.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Default That 200 dollars refund could get one of yor dauters a fly rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo mulcher View Post
Rod, that's tooo funny

I talked to a gent from Ranchlands MD66 and I asked him what I get for $200. Replys ,You get some gravel on the Hwy 940. Since the road is only maintained 7 months of the year I should recieve a partial refund
Once you
Old 06-24-2010, 10:07 PM

Default That 200 dollars refund could get one of yor dauters a fly rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo mulcher View Post
Rod, that's tooo funny

Once you get the the rod from the refund she could teach the entire stretch of river in front of the trapp cabin. If she needed any help i could give a cource on catching big bad bullies that torment the schools of cutties. The only thing bad is we have to put them back in the creek with a stern warning.
Don I am free this weekend and am looking for a place to go riding or to do a tour of your line with you. get back to me or I mabe will phone you tommorow. RG
Old 06-24-2010, 11:18 PM

Rod I am heading down on Sunday, have a wedding on Sat. I will be down on the line doing a bunch of trail maintanence July2 to 15. I hope to bring some of my hay burners down also. --- I wonder if I could send the MD a bill for all the camp sites and trail cleaning?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

I thought for a moment that the initial question was of a serious nature but that sure changed. Well, you better take it for what it is and it might well be for the rest of us if they figure they can get a dollar from anyone or anything. Some MD's charge a fee if you register your cabin and location (GPS) with them, supposedly for fire protection. I believe in doing so, you open the door for taxation.... So if you find this a laughing matter, have at 'er.
After the last fur sale, I need those dollars for more pressing matters...
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned

Default Municipal Taxes

Clearwater County are starting to do this as well but so far only a few have received notices.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
I thought for a moment that the initial question was of a serious nature but that sure changed. Well, you better take it for what it is and it might well be for the rest of us if they figure they can get a dollar from anyone or anything. Some MD's charge a fee if you register your cabin and location (GPS) with them, supposedly for fire protection. I believe in doing so, you open the door for taxation.... So if you find this a laughing matter, have at 'er.
After the last fur sale, I need those dollars for more pressing matters...
Doug , I am a little ticked about the tax and I ask them to send me the " assessment complaint form " and the booklet from the Gov . I also have a call in to the assessment person.
I would like to see how he came up with a $34,000 cabin value. He had no access to the inside and was only on scene for a few minutes according to my security camera's.
I will try and negotiate the $$ amount, the gov always wants some $$.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

Please correct me if I am wrong but I always thought that land taxes had to be paid by the land OWNER...not the renter, leasor or current occupant. You pay your "lease" to the Alberta Government and THEY are the land owners so they should receive any tax notices.

Keep Your Powder Dry,
Dave.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Wish View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong but I always thought that land taxes had to be paid by the land OWNER...not the renter, leasor or current occupant. You pay your "lease" to the Alberta Government and THEY are the land owners so they should receive any tax notices.

Keep Your Powder Dry,
Dave.
Dave, It is the cabin they are taxing not the land. Closest road is 1 km away, no power, h2o , sewer etc
Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Just talked to the gent who did the assessment. Nice guy easy to work with ,did not even see the cabin I sent him a picture of it and the size. He will readjust and take a 1/3 off of bill . Being a A frame fell into a different billing. I think I can live with 120$. I guess this is comming down the pipe for all the cabins they know about so don't tell the MD's where they are
Old 06-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Default taxes

I just payed my taxes on my line Lesser Slave River is the md. $94.00
Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 PM

Default The tax in my mind is bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye Bills Trading Po View Post
I just payed my taxes on my line Lesser Slave River is the md. $94.00

They allready got my 90 dollars for the trap line lease. Iam friends with the range rider for the cattel assosiation that have a cook house, barn, a huge set of corrells, and a bunk house that sleeps 25-30 riders during round up they pay 0. I have never heard of any tax they have to pay. Fothills MD.