Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 PM

Default 37 Days Later

In my quest to be the almighty, great north american hunter, I have successfully overcome another hurtle. I am now officially legL to possess and
acquire firearms. woo hoo!.

Off of this great site we have here, I purchased myself a little plinker about a month back. Well, when I fortunately got off work early on Wednesday, to come home to my PAL in the mail, I got on the horn to go pick up the new/old 22. SWEET. Now that I have it I need to go shoot it.

I was really hoping someone could recommend a place to go throw some rounds through it at some cans or something. Moving, live targets would be fantasstic but I think its a little early for gophers heheh.

Anyways, sure is great to get to this stage(something I have sure been meaning to do for far to long). I have definitely recieved some great knowlegde from this site and have gotten some great help from a few of the individuals off of this board.

Now that I have a plinker, my secret goal, is to get the woman and child into coming out with me as to lose the fear but gain the respect needed around firearms. Once they get that I think I can get them into shooting gopher and then from there.................muahahahahah. As well as turning myself into a hunter,I will sway them as well. heheheheheh. A whole family turned to "the dark side" in 1 yr.

Then it will be so much easier to justify the new shotgun and the new hunting rifle that will soon be added to the inventory. The 2 Bows is already bad enough lol.

Anyways, Sorry to all who accidentally read this, I'm just really, really excited and had to let it out. If anyone feels like hooking up for a little shooting, I'm definitely game. I'm gonna head out.....um, somewhere on Sunday if that sounds interesting at all.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 AM

Nicely done! Congratulations, I hope to be in your shoes within a few months. Let's get together for some bow and rifle shooting sometime (not sure if you'd rather use your bow or rifle). Maybe head out for small game in a few weeks, when we both have a tad bit more practice. Again, congratulations!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:36 AM

What kind of rifle did you go with?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:27 PM

I couldn't beat the deal on the Savage 22 64(or something like that) I picked up. Once I get a nice hunting rig I'm sure it will never get fired again though, except(hopefully) by the better half and half-pint.